Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#280185 05/01/18 09:10 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Part 1 can be found here, and Part 2 here.

I'd love to hear your thoughts about Part 2! Thank you for reading!

Tracey smile

S
Hack from Nowheresville
Online Content
Hack from Nowheresville
S
A simple butter knife was all that was needed to cut the sexual tension in Clark’s apartment. I was so heartened to see Lois thinking about Clark’s actions as opposed to Lex’s declarations of love. The old age adage comes to mind; “What we do is more important than what we say....” Go for it Clark! She asked you to kiss her! Please don’t keep this lady waiting. Wednesday night can’t come soon enough for your next posting.

Top Banana
Top Banana
Nice continuation of Part 1. Clark had already won Lois over, he just needed to remind her of that fact. As Lois says repeatedly through this chapter, they fit together and it is as simple as that. I like the comparisons of Clark to Lex, probably could use more of them but Lois seems to be coming to the idea that she really isn't thinking much about Lex. I suspect the residual of this date will worm its way into tomorrow's date with Lex as she will not be able to help but to begin actively comparing her two suitors.

Oh and no problems about the TOC.

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

Columnist
Columnist
Wow. Just kiss her already. I wanted that hug to continue also. In Clark's case its the words and actions that speak louder. He knows what to say and do to win Lois' heart unlike Lex. He listens to Lois and knows her. I can't wait for more.

A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Yes! Those arms, showing just underneath the rolled-up sleeves... so delicious...

*ahem*

You know which part I liked best? The one where they are holding hands. It just felt so right!

And now, Mr. Kent, just kiss her already!!

See ya,
AnnaBtG. smile

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
Oh man! Just kiss her! Loved this part. So very sweet.

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Yay, new part.
She went back into them more than willingly. Her soft sigh flooded against his shoulder, her tears held just barely in check behind her eyelids. He’d known what she was too proud to ask for, fulfilled a need that she was too terrified to voice.
Sigh. love

Should she have noticed? Was that love? And even if it was, would it last?
That would be yes, definitely, and yes. I love being inside Lois's head when she's being thoughtful or intuitive.

“In my mind, it wouldn’t matter what we did, because we’d be together. I had this vision of walking you home – all the way to your door, even though you’d probably tell me you didn’t need me to – and just before you stepped inside your apartment, I’d reach for you, like this.” He transferred the towel to his other hand and stretched out his right hand, just grazing her cheek. She stilled at his touch, every muscle suddenly frozen at the contact of his skin. “I’d look into your eyes, trying to convey everything I was feeling that I couldn’t put into words. And then, I’d lean down because I couldn’t wait one more second to feel your lips against mine. Our first real kiss,” he whispered, and his eyes flicked down to her mouth.
thud m'kay. That was nice. Really nice. Dare I say, hot? I think I'm feeling the heat of Clark's kitchen way over here. blush

Argh! No! Don't stop there. /me pouts. I hate waiting.

Great chapter.

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
It wasn’t a shocking revelation – perhaps she’d always known it on a purely subconscious level, but it was a wake-up call to acknowledge, even in her own mind, the fact that she needed Clark. He was incredibly special to her.

Good Lois is finally seeing the light!

More so than even her would-be fiancé? Could she even imagine herself sliding into Lex’s arms like this when she needed comfort or support?

Nope, not in a thousand years. Lex is the kind of person who thinks the only way to make things better is to throw money at it. Don't walk, run to Clark and don't look back!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
S
SJH Offline
Features Writer
Features Writer
S
Lovely writing. Lois and Clark here are like two small birds with broken wings

"I'm red-eyed, tired and drunk" Teri Hatcher
"Fun will now commence" 7of9
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
A truly lovely chapter, full of subtlety and very telling details. Please, post soon!

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Oh my, what to say about this delicious story! All those feelings right below the surface waiting to spill out. Thought maybe there was going to be an accidental reveal when Lois was remembering the two kisses that her and Clark had already shared. Was certain that Clark was going to add " and the kiss at the airport" before he thought through who it was that was kissing Lois! Glad that you didn't go down that path though because it would have felt too soon. Can't wait for part 3 and "The Kiss" sloppy !

Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Always fun to see more feedback! Thanks, guys!

Supesfan, I loved this:

A simple butter knife was all that was needed to cut the sexual tension in Clark’s apartment.

That's a perfect way to describe it! I so love the waffy, romantic part of their relationship, but there's definitely something to be said for their physical attraction, too!

Now, Mike, it's like you've been sneaking around in my computer:

I like the comparisons of Clark to Lex, probably could use more of them but Lois seems to be coming to the idea that she really isn't thinking much about Lex. I suspect the residual of this date will worm its way into tomorrow's date with Lex as she will not be able to help but to begin actively comparing her two suitors.

But we know there's no comparing the two men; let's hope Lois comes to that same conclusion!

Anna, I read this and was rofl-ing:

Yes! Those arms, showing just underneath the rolled-up sleeves... so delicious...

*ahem*

I mean, you and me both, girl. 20 years later and I still watch for those parts in eps. Something is wrong with me <g>.

It was fun to see a similar thread running through the fdk:

Wow. Just kiss her already.

And now, Mr. Kent, just kiss her already!!

Oh man! Just kiss her!

Well, if you know any of my stories... wink He just might.

thud m'kay. That was nice. Really nice. Dare I say, hot? I think I'm feeling the heat of Clark's kitchen way over here. blush

Argh! No! Don't stop there. /me pouts. I hate waiting.

Thanks for the fdk, BJ! I love that you could feel the heat of Clark's kitchen, lol. I hope the next part keeps up that feeling!

Nope, not in a thousand years. Lex is the kind of person who thinks the only way to make things better is to throw money at it. Don't walk, run to Clark and don't look back!

So true, Morgana! I think that'll come up again in this story...

Lovely writing. Lois and Clark here are like two small birds with broken wings

Thank you so much, SJH. I love that comparison - they really are, especially here at the end of S1.

A truly lovely chapter, full of subtlety and very telling details. Please, post soon!

Thank you, Millefeuilles! I will smile

Oh my, what to say about this delicious story! All those feelings right below the surface waiting to spill out. Thought maybe there was going to be an accidental reveal when Lois was remembering the two kisses that her and Clark had already shared. Was certain that Clark was going to add " and the kiss at the airport" before he thought through who it was that was kissing Lois! Glad that you didn't go down that path though because it would have felt too soon. Can't wait for part 3 and "The Kiss" sloppy !

Thank you for that fdk, Superjan! I like your idea of an accidental revelation as Clark revealed their "other" kiss - maybe you should write that! Revelations were always hard for me to write, so I think I only ever wrote one of them, lol. I'll leave that to the fanfic pros. Hope that you enjoy part 3 and their kiss! You'll have to let me know if I hit the mark.

Thank you all for taking the time to leave feedback. It's so much fun to read your reactions! Part 3 is coming up soon.

Tracey smile

Kerth
Kerth
Woo-hoo! Plant one on her, Clark! sloppy

This was a great part-- the lengths Clark went to in order to make this the perfect date, the slow realizations of Lois... I'd leave more feedback, but I have a third part to read.

Brava!

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Kerth
Kerth
Whoops, bad internet. Ignore second thread. laugh

Last edited by Mouserocks; 05/05/18 01:59 PM.

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard