Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#280210 05/04/18 12:18 AM
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
So...I've been somewhat lurking for the past couple weeks trying to catch up on the mbs since I feel like I've been gone forever -- kind of like someone who's been traveling the world come back to their old haunts and feeling the familiarity while still marveling at how different things are. I'm reminded of how much I love these boards and the people on here, and how much I've missed getting to talk about my favorite show!

I'm actually not dead. My computer died quite unexpectedly, and it took me a long time before I could buy a new one (thankfully, I had my documents backed up, unlike a certain intrepid reporter we all know and love), and then I couldn't remember my passwords for the longest time. By the time all of that was sorted out, I was quite busy with something that's very near and dear to me.

I really don't mean for this to be a commercial, but several of you have expressed interest in the past of knowing if/when my original work gets published. Well, I'm not quite there yet, but I'm trying. I finished my latest novel, attended a 'Life, the Universe, Everything' symposium (where I got to listen to and learn from Brandon Sanderson, as well as get an autograph; if you're not a fan of his, what on Earth are you doing with your life?), and now have begun querying a list of agents. To that end, I have opened up a website where I'm publishing short original fiction and giving updates on my progress to the published world. If you'd like to come see me -- and let me say hello to old and new friends -- then you're welcome to come give it a look! It's www . stacyjomarlow . com. (edit out the spaces, naturally)

A bit closer to home, my sister asked me to watch L&C with her -- though only once a week, which is kind of killing me because I want to watch it so much faster -- so I've been getting so very nostalgic. I even had to get up an old story beginning that I'd love to finish one day and look it over. I'm really busy right now, but...you never know what could happen.

Thanks for still being here even when I become an absentee delinquent!

Last edited by AntiKryptonite; 05/04/18 12:19 AM.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
ANTIK!!!!!!!!!!!!

*pounce*

Welcome back, my friend! I've definitely missed you around these parts (and yes, I've been horrible about checking in via email). Glad to see you back. Pull up a chair. Grab some tea. There's been a TON of awesome fics since you were last here - I can't even get started on recommendations because it would have to be basically ALL of them. And that is NOT a helpful way to guide you. laugh

Sounds like you've had some exciting things happening on your end. I'm excited for you! (Computers dying always sucks but new ones are always awesome and shiny and fun to play around with and get to "know.")

It's late where I am now so I won't ramble on any longer. But it's great to have you back!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

N
Features Writer
Features Writer
N
AntiK!!! Welcome back!

I for one would love to see you writing again- if/when you get time of course. Can’t wait to check out your website smile

"It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It's basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating."- Simon Pegg
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi Anti K! Welcome back!

Sorry about your computer dying on you but yay on the publishing. For recommendations on fics I'd stick with the Kerth nominees list to start. Hope to hear from you soon.

Rewatching LnC always becomes a binge-watching session for me so I totally hear you on the 'need to watch faster' mode. It is nice to catch up with family though and share the love for LnC.

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube
Kerth
Kerth
Omg! Hi Anti K! hyper

So good to have you back! I can't wait to check out your og writing site! Glad you've been busy with writing still (you're too good). Maybe the muse will prod you a little into writing some more fic too... /shamelessly begs for more to read/

Welcome back!

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
Great to hear from you Anti K! Your website looks great - I hope you have lots of success with your writing. And I'm looking forward to more of your Lois & Clark stories.

Joan

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Hi Anti-K,

Welcome back! I've missed you here and hope you'll be dropping by more. If not to post fanfic (that would be too much to hope for, I realize, since your writing energies are being expended elsewhere), then to let us know what your sister thinks of the show.

I just looked at your new site, enjoyed "The Newest Chapter", and signed up for your newsletter. I hope to read your short story this weekend.

I agree with you: Steadfast is cute. Keep posting those pictures. smile

I'm envious of your getting to meet Brandon Sanderson. The closest I've ever come to meeting him was listening to his 'Writing Excuses" podcast.

Please don't be a stranger.

Joy,
Lynn

J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
Welcome back! This place does kind of lure you back doesn’t it? Your website looks great! Best of luck!

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
P
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
P
Wow, you got to learn from Brandon Sanderson. How cool is that? When I said your story reminded me of him, I had no idea you even knew who he was, though I'd hoped so since you seem to like SF smile Is it sad that Elantris is still my favorite novel by him? lol I'm gonna have to go re-read it again now.

Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Thank you for the warm welcome back! Even if (horror of horrors) I woke up tomorrow hating L&C (wow, I almost couldn't even type that), I would still visit these mbs simply because of how wonderful everyone is. Fortunately, that is so farfetched an AU as to be completely OOC! wink

I missed you, too, DC! I would love to read all of the new fics, but I'll try to parcel them out a bit simply because I have so little time! But isn't that always the complaint? I like the new computer fine, but I would have liked it better if the old one hadn't died! smile

Thanks, NostalgiaKick! I hope I have time to write, but this website is keeping me hopping! Or rather, my brother, who set the whole thing up for me and reminds me when I need to make a new chapter on the blog is keeping me hopping!

It is nice to watch the show with my sister, folc4evernaday, and I love getting to hear/see her reactions, but the pace...is...killing...me. goofy

Thanks, mouserocks! I'm so glad the website looks great -- credit goes to me brother. When I came back from the symposium and told him he should help me make a website one day, I didn't expect him to tell me just a few weeks over that he'd watched tutorial vids and put the framework of one together for me to look over -- but I'm certainly not complaining!

Glad to hear from you, scifiJoan! I hope I have success too! smile

Hi, Lynn! I've missed talking with you! Yes, my sister has a lot of fun with the show, though I think she's coming more from a Superman-oriented mindset than a Clark-oriented one, so it's been a bit of an adjustment for her. However, when we watched 'Honeymoon In Metropolis,' she mentioned that she'd love to read a story where every night after that episode either Lois or Clark called each other to say good night. As if I don't come up with enough ideas on my own! whistle

And Writing Excuses is awesome -- as is the free videos online from his creative writing class at BYU. He himself is very gracious and humble, but SOOO smart about writing. He only taught in panels, so he would try not to hog the entire time, but wow, he had so much knowledge to impart and even the other contributors on the panels would encourage him to keep going because they were learning too. Such a great experience!

Yes, jackiek, this place DOES pull me back! Kind of like Clark always drawing Lois's attention even when she didn't know why...

It's the coolest, puffytiger -- and wow, so glad to 'see' you here! Can I count this as another social media, one I actually kind of know how to operate? laugh Your comment comparing my story to his writing was literally one of the greatest things -- I had to take it around and show it off to all my family! He's definitely my favorite author (maybe paired with Sharon Shinn), and it all started with 'Elantris,' so I'm not surprised at all that it's your favorite. It's hard for me to pick one of his, but considering my love of superheroes, I think 'Steelheart' is pretty high up there. I just love how the Faithful who believe in good superheroes showing up all identify themselves by wearing a Superman S. clap

Thanks, everyone! I'll try to stop being a lurker and actually contribute something every now and then!

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
If your muse ever gives you a break (RL too) some of us hang out in Google Chat when we can. Not that I'm pushing or anything. *innocent whistle*

Here's the link.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh my stars and garters! Where have I been for the past month?

WELCOME BACK!!!!!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Thank you, Morgana!

I wish I had more time to come chat, DC, but with work, family, and this new website, I'm much too overbooked for a relaxing summer! smile Hopefully, one day I'll be able to meet up with you there!

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard