Next Thread
Print Thread
#27772 02/12/06 03:42 PM
shells Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hi Nan -

I found this today & had to go back and read the first 2 parts first - and it was definitely well worth the time! I have enjoyed so many of your stories over the years, and I have especially loved your "first" series. You have a knack for writing these characters well - I absolutely love your Lois, and Clark's immediate submission to any of her suggestions is wonderful! I'm sure I'll get a laugh of out of him with blond hair & a pink earring for many days to come! I wish that I had kept up with this earlier on, but I'm thrilled that I found it today!

Great story, Nan - thank you for writing!

Shells

You must be the change you wish to see in the world.

- Mahatma Gandhi
#27773 02/12/06 07:13 PM
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Nan,

I also have very much enjoyed your "First" series. The characterizations are simply brilliant. I love that you gave alt-Clark a secret identity that is actually secret.

She and Cat had known each other slightly before her ill-fated trip to the Congo, but she had always had a positive opinion of the woman. Grant had class; that was the only word to describe her. It was probably just as well that she was a good ten or twelve years older than Clark, or Lois might have had competition for him.
I loved this little part. Evidently this Cat is quite different from the one we saw in the series.

"Uh -- " Ralph hastily laid his doughnut on its napkin. "I'm waiting for a call from my source."
However, this Ralph seems rather familiar.

Tonight would be the last night she spent at his apartment -- at least, she thought, for the time being. What happened in the future might be another story.
I thought it was great how Lois is a bit reticent in expressing her feelings, but she has no trouble imagining future possibilities.

But it means that Luthor isn't exactly squeaky clean, even if he's pictured as this great philanthropist. I think we need to look into the connections a little more deeply."
If you continue the “First” series – and I very much hope that you do – the Luthor investigation would be a great next story. “First Investigation” perhaps?

The smug expression on Nunk's face vanished in the blink of an eye, and Lois could have sworn that his face went several shades paler. "What are you talking about?"
This reminds me of the old saying: “Payback’s a b----.” Well, I’m sure you know the saying.

"So do I," she said. "To Lane, Kent and Charlie. We're going to make a great team."
Loved the story Nan. I also have read many of your stories on the archive. My personal favorite series, which I have read many times over, is the series beginning with “A Night at the Office.” I also have read the series beginning with “Mystery” a number of times.

I hope you continue writing and posting Nan. Your stories rank among some of my very favorites.

All the best,

Em

"But my experience is that as soon as people are old enough to know better, they don't know anything at all."

-Oscar Wilde, "Lady Windermere's Fan"
#27774 02/12/06 09:19 PM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Very fine story, Nan. I guess this is probably my favorite line from it:
"When you're concerned, I'm not a challenge," he said. "I'm a pushover. On the other hand, there are bound to be a lot of challenges where the two of us are concerned."
Love it, Nan. I'm very much a Lois and Clark kind of a Lois and Clark fan, and this was very good Lois and Clark stuff indeed.

Ann

#27775 02/13/06 12:33 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
This series is always fun to read. smile I got a little confused at the end, though, when Lois & Clark kissed & floated at the stroke of midnight. I thought Lois was working with Clark but "dating" Charlie?

#27776 02/13/06 02:20 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Great work, Nan! thumbsup

Andreia smile

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
#27777 02/13/06 04:42 AM
Columnist
Columnist
Great job, Nan! I'm definitely looking forward to your next story.

Irene smile

I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.
#27778 02/13/06 05:03 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
have printed this off and will definitly read soon...

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
#27779 02/13/06 06:06 AM
Kerth
Kerth
As far as she could see, only the paper's science editor, Cat Grant,
eek

As always when you finish a story... eagerly waiting for the next one!! hyper

Jose notworthy

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
#27780 02/13/06 02:11 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
As usual, I love it! Its great how Lois neatly turned Nunk around, though it would be interesting to see what would happen if he did try to push the envelope. And the exchange in Clark's apartment made me want to melt.. or giggle. laugh Can't wait to see what's next!

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
#27781 02/13/06 07:10 PM
SNL Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Dear Nan,

party

All I can say is 10/10 for another wonderful story.

20/10 for giving Nunk his just deserts!

Regards,

SNL

#27782 02/13/06 10:04 PM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Nan

A great finish! smile1 I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Tricia cool

#27783 02/14/06 12:37 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
I posted feedback on the other boards, but thought I'd add that one other thing I like about your writing is how 'economical" it is. This is a short story, and yet you give us much - interaction with other characters, a strong sense of scene, Clark in action as Superman, and the beginnings of a romance. That's a lot! and it takes a skillful writer to do that.

c.

#27784 02/14/06 05:06 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Nice finish, for now. I want to see more of the about this land grab...

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
#27785 02/14/06 07:07 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yeah, what they said smile I don't think I can come up with any deep comments, but I am reading these and enjoying them. I *always* read and enjoy your stories, Nan.

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
#27786 03/02/06 10:24 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great story. hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard