Nan,

I also have very much enjoyed your "First" series. The characterizations are simply brilliant. I love that you gave alt-Clark a secret identity that is actually secret.

She and Cat had known each other slightly before her ill-fated trip to the Congo, but she had always had a positive opinion of the woman. Grant had class; that was the only word to describe her. It was probably just as well that she was a good ten or twelve years older than Clark, or Lois might have had competition for him.
I loved this little part. Evidently this Cat is quite different from the one we saw in the series.

"Uh -- " Ralph hastily laid his doughnut on its napkin. "I'm waiting for a call from my source."
However, this Ralph seems rather familiar.

Tonight would be the last night she spent at his apartment -- at least, she thought, for the time being. What happened in the future might be another story.
I thought it was great how Lois is a bit reticent in expressing her feelings, but she has no trouble imagining future possibilities.

But it means that Luthor isn't exactly squeaky clean, even if he's pictured as this great philanthropist. I think we need to look into the connections a little more deeply."
If you continue the “First” series – and I very much hope that you do – the Luthor investigation would be a great next story. “First Investigation” perhaps?

The smug expression on Nunk's face vanished in the blink of an eye, and Lois could have sworn that his face went several shades paler. "What are you talking about?"
This reminds me of the old saying: “Payback’s a b----.” Well, I’m sure you know the saying.

"So do I," she said. "To Lane, Kent and Charlie. We're going to make a great team."
Loved the story Nan. I also have read many of your stories on the archive. My personal favorite series, which I have read many times over, is the series beginning with “A Night at the Office.” I also have read the series beginning with “Mystery” a number of times.

I hope you continue writing and posting Nan. Your stories rank among some of my very favorites.

All the best,

Em

"But my experience is that as soon as people are old enough to know better, they don't know anything at all."

-Oscar Wilde, "Lady Windermere's Fan"