Next Thread
Print Thread
T
TOC Offline OP
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Okay, Sara. You are not serious, are you? How about you give us the real ending now?

Ann

Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
If you are trying to achieve the title of Her Royal Evilness, Queen Krafty the First, you just succeeded.

I thought something was amiss when I saw the 29/29. I just didn’t realize how amiss things turned out to be. Reading this part was like watching a car accident, just staring in horrified fascination, unable to anything about it.

It was pretty good as far as Tank endings go, but if you don’t mind, I would like the rest of the story now.

-Em

P.S. It was a stroke of pure genius to have the last line include the phrase “away from the sun.”

"But my experience is that as soon as people are old enough to know better, they don't know anything at all."

-Oscar Wilde, "Lady Windermere's Fan"
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Oh, Sara -- I don't know if I should break down in tears or rail against the injustice of it all! Poor Clark. Poor Pete. Poor Elle. Poor Lois. Really, I just ache for each of them.

But especially Clark. What a way to find out about Lois.

And, I totally agree with Em; it was a literal stroke of genius to include the phrase "away from the sun" in the last line of the story.

I'm going to do my best not to yell at you for the Tank ending. If this is the actual end, it's wonderful, in the most painful of ways. Beautifully told. Heart-breaking. And my God, the angst.

~ Crystal

"Not all those who wander are lost." — JRR Tolkien
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ok here is what I will call a Tank critique. I really really hated that ending Sara. Now get back here and give us the real one wildguy wildguy Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Yeesh! I wondered where Nigel had gone, but I never, never suspected you were holding him in horrible reserve for this moment! And I don't think Clark could have learned about Lois in a worse way. That was vicious, vile, and virulent!

Looking at this as a writer, though, this is a really gutsy move. If this is the actual end, it lines up with real life, which isn't always "fair" no matter how much we want it to be. I wonder how (in fact, if) Clark will recover, now that he's lost the other half of his soul. Or will he wait for her to get recycled? It's not like he'd age too quickly or something.

I also wonder whether or not this is a fake ending (I have some slight experience with those), and if I was a betting man I'd bet nickels to noodles there's a "real" ending coming. Soon. So Lois and Elle can have coffee together while they wait for their men to heal.

You do have a kinder, gentler ending ready, don't you? If not, I can't be responsible for this story being nominated for the Meanest-Evilest-Nastiest-Ending Kerth this year. And I have no doubt that it would win hands down.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Oh, this is *not* the real ending. It *can't* be. Where's the nice happy one that you've got to have hiding somewhere??????? /me thwaps Sara for leaving only a Tank ending.

Don't point. You make holes in the air and the faeries escape.
D
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
D
Okay... (hopefully) will be back with real FDK later, but...

Best. ending. ever. devil

Dave

'I just kind of died for you;
You just kind of stared at me'
- Aurora, Foo Fighters
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

I'm in shock! eek

"Oddest thing. They're still talking about it on the news. Did you ever hear of that famous reporter, Lois Lane, who disappeared all those years ago in the Congo? Turns out she made it back to Metropolis alive. Damned irony of it all is that she was murdered three days ago. Sad, eh? Happened right here in this hospital, actually. It's a wonder you didn't wake from all the commotion. Golly, it's bright in this room, isn't it, dear? Let me close the blinds here so you can get away from the sun."
mad If you love your life, get back here ASAP!

MAF mad

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Columnist
Columnist
thud

My God! BAH! You evil evil, woman! And I thought *I* was bad. Good job though, er I mean..How could you?!? That was mean. But very nicely done. I want my money back.

Rach laugh

Me: what are you looking at *Snatches pic* OMFG! Dean smeared in peanut butter?! WTF?!
Sara: LMAO it was chocolate!! smeared in chocolate!
Me: LMFAO chocolate smeared in chocolate!
Sara: LMAO the *chocolate* isn't smeared in chocolate!
Me: that's the way i read it. was trying to picture chocolate smeared in chocolate
Sara: ROTFLMAO
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
K
First off... my sincerest apologies for leaving this Tank Ending up so long! frown I'd meant to only leave it a few days, but wrestling with RL issues resulted in the real part 29 not getting finished until late last night. Since it's ready, I'm going to go ahead and post a day early, but regular postings will most likely remain on Mondays.

Also, it occurred to me that some of you might not be familiar with Tank Endings or the Tank Ending Warning Thread . I realized it'd been quite some time since a TE had been posted.

And now... on to your comments! goofy

You are not serious, are you?
Me? Serious? Nah. Not even I could be that mean to my poor alt Clark. Despite the fact that Em awarded me the title of Her Royal Evilness, Queen Krafty the First. goofy

If not, I can't be responsible for this story being nominated for the Meanest-Evilest-Nastiest-Ending Kerth this year. And I have no doubt that it would win hands down.
I'll take that as a compliment! Thanks! smile

/me thwaps Sara for leaving only a Tank ending.
Ouch!! goofy

Sara smile

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard