Innocents- Queen of the Capes
It’s All About Timing- Lieta
It’s Impossible- bakasi
Mirror, Mirror- SciFiJoan
Muddying the Waters- NostalgiaKick
Only a Friend- Queen of the Capes
Tempora Mutantur- Bakasi
The Art of Conversation- Scene 1- VirginiaR
The Case of the Missing Artwork/The Purloined Paintings- Lynn S. M.
The Loser- Lois_Lane_Fan
The Naming of Cats- Lynn S. M.
Veni, Vidi, Vici- Deadly Chakram
Yes or No?- NostalgiaKick
Rising Star- Lynn S. M.

Best Short (11-50k)

1 of 5- Susan Young
A Stark Conversation- Deadly Chakram
Adieu- Susan Young
An Incredible Movie Experience- Deadly Chakram
Countdown- Mouserocks
End of an Era- Terry Leatherwood
Mamihlapinatapei- Susan Young
Summer- Morgana
That Old Code of Ours- Lieta
The Assignment- Deadly Chakram

Best Mid-length (51-200k)

Between the Pages- VirginiaR
Dance With Me- Morgana
Don’t Be Cruel- cuidadora
Mind’s Eye- CLeuch
Superman GO- Deadly Chakram
The Real Me- CLeuch
The Wrong Man- NostalgiaKick

Best Long/Epic (201k+)

A Farmer’s Tale- Deadly Chakram
Airport- Morgana
Ghost of a Chance- AntiKryptonite
Gotham Nights- CLeuch
Krypton’s Legacy- Deadly Chakram
Proposed Ignorance- Deadly Chakram
Winner Takes All- folc4evernaday

Best First Kiss

Airport- Morgana
Ghost of a Chance- AntiKryptonite
Mind’s Eye- CLeuch
The Loser- Lois_Lane_Fan
The Wrong Man- NostalgiaKick
Winner Takes All- folc4evernaday
Between the Pages- VirginiaR

Best Revelation

Airport- Morgana. Lois Lane
End of an Era- Terry Leatherwood. Lex Luthor
Ghost of a Chance- AntiKryptonite. Lois Lane.
Mind’s Eye- CLeuch. Lois Lane.
Muddying the Waters- NostalgiaKick. Lois Lane.
Proposed Ignorance- Deadly Chakram. Lois Lane.
Seeking Friendship- Lieta. Lois Lane.
Superman GO- Deadly Chakram. Lois Lane.
That Old Code of Ours- Lieta. Lois Lane.
The Real Me- CLeuch. Lois Lane.
The Wrong Man- NostalgiaKick. Lois Lane.
Winner Takes All- folc4evernaday. Lois Lane, Dr. Klein.
Krypton’s Legacy- Deadly Chakram. Jor-El, Lois Lane, Bureau 39, Trask, Lana Lang, Ins. Henderson.

Best Supporting/Original Character

Adieu- Susan Young. Cat Grant.
Mind’s Eye- CLeuch. The genie.
Mission on Fifth Street- Cuidadora. Mother Mary Frances
The Case of the Missing Artwork/The Purloined Paintings- Lynn S. M. Patrick Ulysses Nestor.
The Loser- Lois_Lane_Fan. Lucy Lane.
When Churches Come Crashing Down- folc4evernaday. Lucy Lane, Jimmy Olsen, Det. Wolfe, Ins. Henderson
Winner Takes All- folc4evernaday. Lucy Lane.
The Assignment- Deadly Chakram. Mike.
A Stark Conversation- Deadly Chakram. Tony Stark/Iron Man.
Krypton’s Legacy- Deadly Chakram. Jor-El.
Gotham Nights- CLeuch. Matt Owens.
Veni, Vidi, Vici- Deadly Chakram. Lex Luthor.
Fallout-2016-Matchmaker Chronicles Vol1 CG3- KenJ. Morgana.
Airport- Morgana. Gregory Daae.
1 of 5- Susan Young. The Narrator.
Rising Star- Lynn S. M. Barry, Melody.

Best Comedy

Innocents- Queen of the Capes
It’s Impossible- bakasi
The Case of the Missing Artwork/The Purloined Paintings- Lynn S. M.
Tempora Mutantur- Bakasi
Mind’s Eye- CLeuch.

Best Overall Story

Airport- Morgana
Ghost of a Chance- AntiKryptonite.
The Wrong Man- NostalgiaKick.
Krypton’s Legacy- Deadly Chakram
Ambivalence- Nivafrer

Best New Author

Suggs_With_A-Box
Nivafrer

Due to the number of really great stories this year, we had a lot of ties during the nomination process. Voting is going to be hard this year.

Congratulations to all of our nominees! party

"It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It's basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating."- Simon Pegg
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Thank you, NostalgiaKick and the rest of the K-Comm for all the work you have been doing, including collecting and tabulating the nominations.

I second the congratulations to all of the nominees.

And thank you to all who nominated my stories. (My stories made the list six times?! I am incredibly honoured and seriously stunned.)

Joy,
Lynn

LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana

clap clap clap clap clap

notworthy notworthy notworthy notworthy notworthy

Congratulations to all the nominees! And what an amazing collection of stories on this list hyper!
Laura

Great job K-Comm --thank you sloppy

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Thanks for posting the list, NK! You rock! Voting is going to be BRUTAL! laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Forgot to add: Congrats to all the nominees!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Kerth
Kerth
I am truly honored to be nominated again this year. It is validating to know that my work is appreciated by FoLCs out there. Thank you, and congratulations to my fellow nominees.

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wow! thud I can't believe that my two little stories this year both got a nod. Thank you.

Much gratitude to all the hard working members of the K-Comm this year. I agree with DK. It's going to be even harder just picking one story in each category.

Congratulations to all the nominees! All of us readers already feel like winners.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Thank you so much for the nomination! There were a LOT of outstanding stories this year. Narrowing them down must have been very difficult.

A heartfelt congratulations to all the nominees! Without their talents and passion to write about a show that has been off the air for over twenty years, this message board would not exist.

Now back to reading (and writing)! smile1 help

Last edited by Morgana; 03/25/17 07:43 PM.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Kerth
Kerth
Wow! I've got a lot of reading to catch up on!

Congrats to all the nominees (and thanks for the one tossed my way somehow.. almost didn't remember I posted that guy shocked )

Gonna have to have a reading marathon, but that's one of the best parts about all this!

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Features Writer
Features Writer
Congratulations to all the nominees!! hyper

Thanks to the Kerth Committee for all your hard work in a tight time frame. clap

And I'm amazed and deeply honored that both my stories got nods. Thanks so much! [Linked Image]

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly

X
Blogger
Blogger
X
First, thank you for posting a Nominees List with links.

Second, is there another list somewhere with links to the fics in the Archives?

Have looked on KerthAwards but the Nominee list there is not by Category nor Archive links.

As someone who reads fics only in the fanfic archives, it is disappointing to see so many stories only on the message boards. I prefer reading my stories as complete, all from one screen, not in sections, and after a good GE. Just my preference, so if yours is different, please don't yell at me. Differences are a good thing!

NOTE to AUTHORS:
If your story was good enough to be a Nominee, please submit it to the Archives. Many, many more of us will read your story ... and possibly vote for it.

Xi

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by ximemia
First, thank you for posting a Nominees List with links.

Second, is there another list somewhere with links to the fics in the Archives?

Have looked on KerthAwards but the Nominee list there is not by Category nor Archive links.

As someone who reads fics only in the fanfic archives, it is disappointing to see so many stories only on the message boards. I prefer reading my stories as complete, all from one screen, not in sections, and after a good GE. Just my preference, so if yours is different, please don't yell at me. Differences are a good thing!

NOTE to AUTHORS:
If your story was good enough to be a Nominee, please submit it to the Archives. Many, many more of us will read your story ... and possibly vote for it.

Xi

XI,

1) I know Annette's been trying to get everything sorted with the list and updating the Kerth site. For now, maybe stick with the list provided above as the updates to the Kerth site are still pending at the moment.

2) I believe NK has the links to the ones on the archives in the list above, but I will double check and get back to you on that because I can't be certain.

3) As far as I'm aware all the stories that were on the Eligible list have been submitted to the Archives, but due to the lack of resources, the GEs are currently overloaded. I agree its much more ideal to read the stories all at once on the archives but until we get more volunteers to help GE the stories submitted it's a painstakingly slow process to get them all there.

Originally Posted by ximemia
Have been trying to test and I need some help here.

Could somebody please post specific directions for accessing Google Hangouts?

I have tried the links above here. They go to a Hangouts page, but anything I tried clicking on takes me to a Google Gmail Login page.

For those of us who do not have a Google Login (and, like Lynn in the other thread, do not want one), is there any way to access Hangouts?

Details:
Testing from my notebook running W10, using Firefox
Also tried from my cell, downloaded and installed Google Hangouts app, launched and immediately requests gmail addy.

Thanks in Advance!

Xi

If you could PM me your email address I can try to walk you through everything to see what's going on.

The issue with IRC was the download for those that don't already have it has a virus attached to it. So rather than risk fellow FOLCS computers on software that isn't being maintained properly, we thought it best to move to something that doesn't require an installation of software.

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube
X
Blogger
Blogger
X

Short replies:
1) Yes, I know Anne is swamped (Hi AMC!)
2) Thx
3) I am aware of the shortage of GEs. Just seemed like a good place for a reminder to all authors.

About last paragraph:

Um, installing any app *is* installing software ...

mIRC not maintained??? Latest release is Jan 18, 2017.

From what I can find, the only people complaining about a virus from mIRC are those that installed from an unknown source, rather than the mIRC site itself. Anything from an unknown source should always be questioned.

mIRC is one of the most popular IRC clients available. Many businesses use IRC daily. But if you don't trust mIRC, just use a different client, like chatzilla or xchat. Or one of the many other clients.

It is fine if you want to change the location of the Kerths, as long as it is somewhere available, free and anonymous for everyone to access.

Xi

N
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
N
Trying to keep this short as I'm in a considerable amount of pain.

Hangouts doesn't require any software except a web browser if you're accessing it from your computer. Pretty sure that was the point Folc was making.

We've had numerous reports of a virus embedded in the most recent version of mIRC. This INCLUDES downloads directly from the mIRC website. (I tested it; downloaded directly from the mIRC website and Avast picked it up straight away).

Our decision to move the ceremony was not made lightly. Last year, I created a detailed walkthrough (including screenshots) on how to access the ceremony using mIRC. Despite this, and numerous PM threads, many people were still not able to attend the ceremony.
Hangouts is simpler to access and easier to use.

HOWEVER if anyone has an issue for any reason with using their email address to access Hangouts PLEASE PM me and I will set up an anonymous gmail address for you to use for the ceremony.

Hope this helps.

"It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It's basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating."- Simon Pegg

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard