Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
That was one intense part. I loved seeing both of them battling with their emotions. I had a hard time, though, picturing Clark so devastated that not even Lois could comfort him (at least given the context)

But, above all, a great part, and mostly, a great story. I hope it at least has an epilogue... wildguy

Cris
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. clap

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
Great part, great story. I too hope there will be an epilogue.

Jackie

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Thank you guys so much for reading, and for your comments. I appreciate all the feedback I've gotten on this story. I know the ending's lack of closure is probably frustrating to a lot of readers, but it's a necessary evil, as the title of the piece implies.

I just hope I haven't hurt anyone's expectations by not exactly putting my toys back together just yet. I wanted to give a definite feeling of hope to Lois and Clark here at the end, but still leave them both hurt and hesitant. I'm mapping out a multi-part sequel to "Terms of Estrangement" in my brain, so I hope you can bear with me!

~ Crystal

"Not all those who wander are lost." — JRR Tolkien
J
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
J
I planned to complain that this story wasn't finished yet, but then I read that you're plannung on writing a MULTI-part sequel, so I'll settle with gushing. laugh

This was fantastic. thumbsup Very intense and emotional. And I really really wish Clark would've talked to Lois instead of sending her home. But I suppose, you will take care of that in that sequel, right? blush

~Julia wave

Columnist
Columnist
Excellent conclusion to this, even if you don't write another part. I tend to enjoy stories where the reader can impart their own form of ending (I choose to believe they end up together) but even the show had to take a few years for that to happen, so it's OK that they didn't just fall into each other's arms. I love Lois' determination and Clark's heartbreak at not being able to 'fix' everyone. Beautiful story...good job!

Spike: "There's a hole in the world...feels like we ought to have known."
-Angel
L
L Offline
Columnist
Columnist
L
I enjoy your writing style very much. Great job!

I like the 'ending'. I think something like this takes a long time to get past - these kinds of feelings - this kind of pain.

I will enjoy reading additional installments!

Silence is violence. End white supremacy based violence
Features Writer
Features Writer
i was on the edge of my seat ( almost fell off ) lol but good part hope for part two hyper wave

I will and always be a big fan of Lois and Clark forever and forever.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Such intense feelings involved here. This was a great story and emotions were so well written. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it and hope to get more from you soon. cat

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Nice job, very sad but hopeful. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Kerth
Kerth
What a place to end! Very intense, so emotional...I'm waiting for the sequel! thumbsup Susan

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yay, a sequel is coming, a sequel is coming! This story was killer.

party
JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Your story has been very beautiful, and the ending is certainly hopeful, as I said I wanted it to be in my previous comment. The ending fits the story and definitely the title. It is sad to see Clark push Lois away because he isn't good company, however, because that is really when I think he needs her most. Similarly, that's when I'd most love to see Lois reach out to him. But sometimes we turn each other away at precisely those moments when we are most needy and vulnerable, don't we?

And you are planning a multi-part sequel! Now that sounds great indeed! thumbsup

Ann

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
This is beautifully written. The ending, even though it is sad and emotional, smile1 I look forward to reading the follow-up stories.

Tricia cool

Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
And while you're mapping out that sequel, don't forget to think about submitting this one to the Archive and Annesplace wink

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Just have to say ditto everyone else here - such a poignant and sad final section. smile1

So congratulations on finishing this, and hurry up and get that sequel written!

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
That was so, so nice!! Angelic_editor, you did a great job!!

And... a multi-part sequel!! Woo-hoo!! jump party I can't wait!!

See ya,
AnnaBtG. smile

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
Top Banana
Top Banana
Superb! Looking fwd to the sequel... smile1

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I hope I don't sound like the proverbial broken record here when I thank you guys so much for all your incredible feedback! *crosses fingers*

Seriously, without everyone's encouragement, I would've left this as a vignette and not written its four other installments. I can't thank you all enough, and to see writers that I have so much respect for commenting on my work has been mind-blowing! I'm honestly just so amazed and humbled at the reception my first-ever fic has gotten; I just hope the planned sequel doesn't disappoint!

Thank you all for your kind words, especially in regard to my writing style and characterizations. For me, while the words come fairly easily, the hardest part is trying to get myself in Clark and Lois' psyches to write the heart-wrenching emotional stuff. You've all been so kind -- Wendy, Ann, Anna, Tricia, Shadow, Laura, Susan, Sheila, TVnerd, Maria, Julia, Jackie, Cristina, L, Lovesuper, AnKS, Terry, Chriscy -- just absolutely everyone who's commented! You guys have given me a reason to keep writing, and again, I'm just so grateful.

Some of you have picked up on things I didn't even consciously realize when I was writing this, like Ann's observation about just how significant my choice to have Lois watch Woman of the Year was (it's one of my favorite films; Tess Harding reminds me a lot of Lois, but I hadn't even thought about the whole Tracy/Hepburn parallel), and Terry's praise at Lois hating people see her as only a reporter, not a human being. (I'm a journalism student at the University of Kentucky, and one of the editors at the independent daily student-run newspaper, so that was actually my own frustration being vented -- but it works even better for Lois!)

Eep, am afraid I've begun to babble, and for that, I apologize. I just wanted to thank everyone for reading and for all the encouragement you've knowingly or unknowingly given! It's much, much appreciated, especially to such a newbie. smile

~ Crystal

"Not all those who wander are lost." — JRR Tolkien

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard