Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#270505 06/05/16 02:40 PM
CLeuch Offline OP
Freelance Reporter
OP Offline
Freelance Reporter
I listen to music when I write, and for better or worse it tends to color my stories. This one was written while listening to the Who's Quadrophenia, which showed up in the story in a couple ways, starting with the title. I'm not saying that you need to listen to it to get the story, but skipping to the last track of the CD and listening to it when you read this part, especially where Lois finds out, might set the mood. I thought about making some sort of joke about the fact that Roger Daltrey would end up playing a villain on the show, but it didn't fit. Ah well.

If there were any justice in the word, this little story would represent how Lois actually dealt with Scardino on the show. I always thought he was too slick for Lois to ever fall for, but.... At least he was an interesting character. And easy to make fun of.

Anyway, hope you enjoyed this little angst-free revelation story. I apologize to any of you out there who wound up as puddles of mushy goo after reading it - it's a temporary condition, and you'll be OK. That's everyone for reading. smile

-Cindy

"No, I'm from Iowa. I only work in outer space."
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
*Happy sigh*. What a wonderfully WAFFy way to wind up your stay here. You really believe in "leave 'em wanting more," don't you?

Joy,
Lynn

Top Banana
Top Banana
Cindy,

Nice wrap up to the revelation. I especially liked the "That’s…a huge relief." comment Lois made after she got her bearings after the revelation even if it did throw Clark a bit.

No puddles of goo here as I love the WAFF...

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
No angst. No Scardino and Mayson coming between them. Just fun and laughter and love. Who could ask for more?! Makes one wonder if this had been canon, and canon had only been fanfic, what the show would have been like heading into S3 & S4. Instead of arguing and fighting all the time, Lois and Clark could've been working together as a team. What a wonderful thought.

Love this story! Please don't take your keyboard/laptop and go into the sunset yet, unless you're only going to write more WAFFy stories like this! clap

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Loved it. Thank you so much for such a lovely WAFFy story.

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
Great reaction from Lois when she sees Clark at the club. Nice that their relationship falls back into place quickly with the banter. That was always one of my favorite things about their relationship from the show and fanfic: the quirky teasing banter. And then Scardino shows up. Lois definitely found a way for "Daniel" to catch on and take the hint. Great story. Thanks for sharing. Sarah

Features Writer
Features Writer
Loved everything about this story! clap

Thanks for sharing it.

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
What a nice ending to a sweet story. Thank you, Cindy. Really enjoyed it!

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Loved, loved your story! What a different kind of revalation . MORE PLEASE!

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A revelation with a touch a mystery! What a classy way to end the tale. Thanks for a different twist on things. notworthy

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
This was such a treat to finish--thank you clap clap clap.

My absolute favorite part about the show, these characters, is the banter. The friendship laced with flirting. How much FUN they are together. How they click and that 'magic' happens. It was always such a pleasure to watch the chemistry between the two of them unfold.

You totally found that here notworthy. Reading today, it very much felt like a continuation of the show.

And also, I love how you had Lois realize just how much Clark probably has in common with her. How he's hidden himself, not been able to be who he truly is. How his life hasn't been easy and he's been lonely. Lois had a lot to deal with prior to meeting Clark--and had a lot of insecurities because of her situations. Clark understood her so easily--and so immediately--IMO, because he saw a lot of himself in her. The hiding. The lack of trust. The loneliness. I really think that's deep down what bonded him to her and made him so comfortable with her even from the start.

Wonderful job--completely loved this story!
Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
I love your twist on the revelation. What a great Waffy story. Loved it

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard