Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: CLeuch FDK: The Real Me (2/2) - 06/05/16 06:40 PM
I listen to music when I write, and for better or worse it tends to color my stories. This one was written while listening to the Who's Quadrophenia, which showed up in the story in a couple ways, starting with the title. I'm not saying that you need to listen to it to get the story, but skipping to the last track of the CD and listening to it when you read this part, especially where Lois finds out, might set the mood. I thought about making some sort of joke about the fact that Roger Daltrey would end up playing a villain on the show, but it didn't fit. Ah well.

If there were any justice in the word, this little story would represent how Lois actually dealt with Scardino on the show. I always thought he was too slick for Lois to ever fall for, but.... At least he was an interesting character. And easy to make fun of.

Anyway, hope you enjoyed this little angst-free revelation story. I apologize to any of you out there who wound up as puddles of mushy goo after reading it - it's a temporary condition, and you'll be OK. That's everyone for reading. smile

-Cindy
Posted By: Lynn S. M. Re: FDK: The Real Me (2/2) - 06/05/16 07:55 PM
*Happy sigh*. What a wonderfully WAFFy way to wind up your stay here. You really believe in "leave 'em wanting more," don't you?

Joy,
Lynn
Posted By: Mike M Re: FDK: The Real Me (2/2) - 06/05/16 08:05 PM
Cindy,

Nice wrap up to the revelation. I especially liked the "That’s…a huge relief." comment Lois made after she got her bearings after the revelation even if it did throw Clark a bit.

No puddles of goo here as I love the WAFF...

Mike
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: FDK: The Real Me (2/2) - 06/05/16 08:15 PM
No angst. No Scardino and Mayson coming between them. Just fun and laughter and love. Who could ask for more?! Makes one wonder if this had been canon, and canon had only been fanfic, what the show would have been like heading into S3 & S4. Instead of arguing and fighting all the time, Lois and Clark could've been working together as a team. What a wonderful thought.

Love this story! Please don't take your keyboard/laptop and go into the sunset yet, unless you're only going to write more WAFFy stories like this! clap
Posted By: KatherineKent Re: FDK: The Real Me (2/2) - 06/06/16 07:04 AM
Loved it. Thank you so much for such a lovely WAFFy story.
Posted By: sarah Re: FDK: The Real Me (2/2) - 06/07/16 01:53 PM
Great reaction from Lois when she sees Clark at the club. Nice that their relationship falls back into place quickly with the banter. That was always one of my favorite things about their relationship from the show and fanfic: the quirky teasing banter. And then Scardino shows up. Lois definitely found a way for "Daniel" to catch on and take the hint. Great story. Thanks for sharing. Sarah
Posted By: cuidadora Re: FDK: The Real Me (2/2) - 06/07/16 02:56 PM
Loved everything about this story! clap

Thanks for sharing it.
Posted By: bakasi Re: FDK: The Real Me (2/2) - 06/07/16 06:21 PM
What a nice ending to a sweet story. Thank you, Cindy. Really enjoyed it!
Posted By: Superjan Re: FDK: The Real Me (2/2) - 06/09/16 02:48 PM
Loved, loved your story! What a different kind of revalation . MORE PLEASE!
Posted By: Morgana Re: FDK: The Real Me (2/2) - 06/23/16 06:16 PM
A revelation with a touch a mystery! What a classy way to end the tale. Thanks for a different twist on things. notworthy
Posted By: LMA Re: FDK: The Real Me (2/2) - 09/02/16 08:25 PM
This was such a treat to finish--thank you clap clap clap.

My absolute favorite part about the show, these characters, is the banter. The friendship laced with flirting. How much FUN they are together. How they click and that 'magic' happens. It was always such a pleasure to watch the chemistry between the two of them unfold.

You totally found that here notworthy. Reading today, it very much felt like a continuation of the show.

And also, I love how you had Lois realize just how much Clark probably has in common with her. How he's hidden himself, not been able to be who he truly is. How his life hasn't been easy and he's been lonely. Lois had a lot to deal with prior to meeting Clark--and had a lot of insecurities because of her situations. Clark understood her so easily--and so immediately--IMO, because he saw a lot of himself in her. The hiding. The lack of trust. The loneliness. I really think that's deep down what bonded him to her and made him so comfortable with her even from the start.

Wonderful job--completely loved this story!
Laura
Posted By: jackiek Re: FDK: The Real Me (2/2) - 06/30/17 06:38 PM
I love your twist on the revelation. What a great Waffy story. Loved it
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards