Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#269894 04/19/16 10:58 AM
Pulitzer
OP Online Content
Pulitzer
What if, instead of Lois making out with Superman, it was Clark Kent caught in the arms of a costumed woman who looked suspiciously like Ultrawoman?

~•~
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I could totally see everyone in the office blaming Lois for Clark cheating on her.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
Oh MY GOODNESS!! Have you been reading my (admittedly mostly forgotten because of a baby in the house) works in progress folder? I have a Story where just that occurs that I called "Double Standards." In it, Lois and Clark somehow have their powers switched again (I don't plan to get into the how) and just this happens. I personally also have the "boys" (for they would be boys... like Ralph and Skip) patting Clark on the back and going "way to go!" The only thing really tying up this story is how to go about it with Jimmy? He is very tied to Lois and Clark as a couple but he also was reallly attracted to UltraWoman. Would he feel betrayed? Wanting to dish (a la Cat in S1), etc? Originally I had Jimmy being the one giving Clark the pat on the back, but my beta pointed out that it didn't really seem like something Jimmy would say.

Last edited by Christina; 04/19/16 05:20 PM. Reason: Add my story title

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
The only thing really tying up this story is how to go about it with Jimmy? He is very tied to Lois and Clark as a couple but he also was reallly attracted to UltraWoman. Would he feel betrayed?
I guess he would feel disappointed with Clark, because he has always looked up to him as an example, and would feel sad or depressive about Ultra Woman. He was attracted to her, but she was like a movie star to him; he had no real hope for a relationship with her. It's like somebody that has a crush on a movie star and finds out that he/she is in a relationship with someone. But Jimmy would feel double betrayed because the "someone" is his married friend that is cheating on his wife (whom he was attracted to some time ago).

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Ultra Woman
The only thing really tying up this story is how to go about it with Jimmy? He is very tied to Lois and Clark as a couple but he also was reallly attracted to UltraWoman. Would he feel betrayed?
I guess he would feel disappointed with Clark, because he has always looked up to him as an example, and would feel sad or depressive about Ultra Woman. He was attracted to her, but she was like a movie star to him; he had no real hope for a relationship with her. It's like somebody that has a crush on a movie star and finds out that he/she is in a relationship with someone. But Jimmy would feel double betrayed because the "someone" is his married friend that is cheating on his wife (whom he was attracted to some time ago).

Andreia
Good points!

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Yeah, Jimmy would DEFINITELY not be cheering this on. For the record, Michael Landes' Jimmy was more interested in Cat. His relationship with Lois was like that of a kid brother.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard