Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
AnnieL Offline OP
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
Do you think Scardino was acquainted enough on a professional level with Lois and Clark that they would have worked with him closely on future stories? I'd like to use him as a general source, but I'm not sure if he'd still have been up for that considering Lois's rejection-at least not at first.

The other issue I'm having is how well Lois knew him on a personal basis, or how long she actually dated him. All we know about is the one date, yet at the same time Lois has a lot off issues with him in WWW that would suggest she's gotten to know him on a closer basis than they let on before (issues with his trust in Lois and all). She'd been on at least five dates with Clark by the end of WWW. Was she dating Scardino at the same time? It seems a little fishy, but that's all I can come up with.

"I really do believe that we're all put here on this earth, or whatever planet we're put on, to do better than we think we can. To be kind, helpful, generous, and forgiving."
"You know something, CK? She's a class act."
"I've always thought so."
L
Columnist
Columnist
L
I take the view that time is very fluid with the episodes. Lois was certainly well acquainted enough with Scardino to put him on equal footing to Clark in the romantic sense, which certainly implies a closer relationship than was shown to us before WWW. Then again, they did the exact same thing with Luthor when you compare the episodes before Fly Hard and after.

As to using him as a source, I'd find it perfectly believable of Lois to do it, even if it meant annoying Clark. I certainly found it believable in Dear Lois by Shayne Terry or 50 First Revelations by Matrix and Sue S. though Lois and Clark's relationship was decidedly more strained than the canon version would be.

Now, whether or not Dan would have cooperated or Clark would have thrown a hissy fit over it are other stories =)

At the same time, I'm also not a Dan fan... as I covered perhaps overly well in the FDK thread for my Finale Anniversary fic, heh.

Sara "Lieta"
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Dan works for the government, so he would have resources beyond those of Lois and Clark's. Depending on the situation, it stands to reason Lois might call him to ask a favor, after all, we were never told just how bad (or well) their breakup went.

Give it a try, beneath Dan's somewhat cocky and brash exterior there beats the heart of a decent man. After all he is not Tempus.

Last edited by Morgana; 04/17/16 03:41 PM. Reason: Additional comments

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Morgana
Give it a try, beneath Dan's somewhat cocky and brash exterior there beats the heart of a decent man. After all he is not Tempus.
Tempus Scardino? Hmmmm. There's an idea! Is that why Tempus hates Superman/Clark Kent so much?

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville

Ditto to that! C'mon guys, let's show poor Danny some love! #TeamScardino grin

Go I Know Not Whither and Fetch I Know Not What
AnnieL Offline OP
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
Originally Posted by VirginiaR
Tempus Scardino? Hmmmm. There's an idea! Is that why Tempus hates Superman/Clark Kent so much?

Tempus Scardino, the last living descendent of Daniel Scardino, set for revenge on Superman for leaving his ancestor with the clingy Mason Drake. rotflol

(Looks like someone never got over Lois's rejection evil )

Glad you all think it would work, as I'm drawing a blank on who else might have those kind of connections. I'll try to be nice to poor Daniel.
I admit I'd never paid much attention to the whole Lois/Scardino/Clark triangle there, but having to actually work it out is eye opening. I kind of hoped there was something I was missing about those two-Lois stringing two men along like that is horrible, no matter how jerkish they've been acting. Ah, well. I guess sometimes you have to hit rock bottom in order to move forward.

"I really do believe that we're all put here on this earth, or whatever planet we're put on, to do better than we think we can. To be kind, helpful, generous, and forgiving."
"You know something, CK? She's a class act."
"I've always thought so."

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard