Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Karen Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Aww. I was so expecting a guilty-looking Clark to show up at the door. But now I see why he didn't look quite guilty. I loved the presents, including the revelationous.. revelatory? gift certificate. I like the mistletoe bits, too. laugh Beautiful!

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Aw this was just perfect! I am glad Lois told him and showed him how she felt before he told her he was Superman. Very sweet Christmas story Wendy. I loved it! Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Merriwether
Merriwether
Soooo sweet. I'm adding this one to my 'Christmas binder'. It will be added to my pile of stuff that will get my butt into the Christmas spirit or something.

AHHH - The Habs just won their game and I got to read a waffy story. dance Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
OMG. Is this the same author that tortured me through 21 parts of 24 Hours?

Hard to imagine. Not that I'm complaining, mind you. But that was so sweet I can hardly stand it. From the "dinner for friends" to Lois's obsession over presents to the revelation.

What a great Christmas idea!

And I'm so happy this came to you smile

**~~**

Swoosh --->
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great story! thumbsup

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
*siiigh*

I'm a massive puddle of WAFFed-out gooeyness. This was just perfect. So sweet, so true to the characters, so very, very satisfying! It was the perfect little Christmas fic. It made my night.

Chriscy smile smile smile

Top Banana
Top Banana
Marvellous!!!

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Sweet, you did good Wendy sloppy

I was curious, sitting on the edge of my chair after the first part and having read the second one too, I'm elated! There have been many stories in the past where my reaction to Clark telling Lois his secret was some kind of disappointment (notice: in Clark, not in the writer) but in "Lonely This Christmas" it's different, maybe because it's focused on friendship and love. *sigh*

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
What a wonderful ending to a wonderful story. I really enjoyed Lois' first-person POV here. I'm normally not very taken with first-person POVs, but every once in a while, it's nice to take an intimate look into one character's point of view. I have always been so fascinated by Lois, who is my favourite character in the fandom, and it was wonderful to be given a glimpse into her state of mind here.

Beautiful gift choices, well-executed revelation, scrumptious WAFFyness all around.

I admit to feeling a little distressed upon seeing Ann's comment on the FDK thread of the first installment, especially since I didn't catch the posts that have now been consigned to oblivion. I have been reading your work in the archive for the past couple of weeks and have made my way through a large majority of them. They've given me a lot of joy and so I selfishly hope that your sabbatical will truly just be a sabbatical and not an exit. That said, what a beautiful story to leave us with as you go on your break from writing in the fandom. Thank you very much, Wendy. Happy holidays. smile

Chris
"Superman is a guy who's seen wonders we'll never see and Lois is to him, one of those wonders."
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Seemed kind of waffy.

Tank (who feels that sometimes it's necessary to point out such things)

J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
Very sweet! I love it!

Jackie

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ah, thank you for not leaving me hanging, Wendy! laugh

This was wonderful. Sweet WAFFy goodness, all the way through.

PJ
off on vacation...

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Kerth
Kerth
drool

Jose wave

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Hmm... I would have liked him to be more guilty. Well, Wendy, you know how much I HATE his lies!!! razz

So, when I think back of this story, I'm going to remember it for the first part rather than for the second. But then again, I really, really loved the first part of it! clap

Ann

Top Banana
Top Banana
Aww...so sweet! What a gift. love

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Loved it!! Guess you're the Queen of WAFF too! thumbsup

Jen A

I heart Clark Kent.
Columnist
Columnist
Hi Wendy,

Simply, I just loved this. smile

Yours Jenni

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Wendy

WOW! Another superb story! smile1 It's excellent.

Tricia cool

Top Banana
Top Banana
I read the last part with such a stupid grin on my face... <g> Not good because I was sitting in a library, but whatever.

Paused to make some pained expressions and move to the edge of my seat when Clark worked hard on digging himself a grave. The boy is an expert at doing that!

Seriously. The smart thing to do would have been to come to her as Clark and tell her everything. But no. Lunkhead. <g>

/me positions some mistletoe over Lois and Clark

Well done, Wendy smile Totally WAFFy and had me in a puddle! You should have seen me sitting there grinning <g>

Julie smile

Mulder: Imagine if you could come back and take out five people who had caused you to suffer. Who would they be?
Scully: I only get five?
Mulder: I remembered your birthday this year, didn't I, Scully?

(The X-Files)
Columnist
Columnist
Lovely part...lovely story.

The way Clark told her and the way She reacted were great.

Lois kissing Clark that way and telling him she loved him was the best.

You always make me feel something special with your stories, thank you a lot for that and MERRY CHRISTMAS.

Karla

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard