Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: Karen FDK: Lonely This Christmas 2/2 *melts* - 12/20/05 07:30 PM
Aww. I was so expecting a guilty-looking Clark to show up at the door. But now I see why he didn't look quite guilty. I loved the presents, including the revelationous.. revelatory? gift certificate. I like the mistletoe bits, too. laugh Beautiful!
Posted By: Laurach Re: FDK: Lonely This Christmas 2/2 *melts* - 12/20/05 07:50 PM
Aw this was just perfect! I am glad Lois told him and showed him how she felt before he told her he was Superman. Very sweet Christmas story Wendy. I loved it! Laura
Posted By: SuperRoo Re: FDK: Lonely This Christmas 2/2 *melts* - 12/20/05 08:23 PM
Soooo sweet. I'm adding this one to my 'Christmas binder'. It will be added to my pile of stuff that will get my butt into the Christmas spirit or something.

AHHH - The Habs just won their game and I got to read a waffy story. dance Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: Capes Re: FDK: Lonely This Christmas 2/2 *melts* - 12/20/05 08:30 PM
OMG. Is this the same author that tortured me through 21 parts of 24 Hours?

Hard to imagine. Not that I'm complaining, mind you. But that was so sweet I can hardly stand it. From the "dinner for friends" to Lois's obsession over presents to the revelation.

What a great Christmas idea!

And I'm so happy this came to you smile
Hi,

Great story! thumbsup
Posted By: ChriscyK Re: FDK: Lonely This Christmas 2/2 *melts* - 12/20/05 10:56 PM
*siiigh*

I'm a massive puddle of WAFFed-out gooeyness. This was just perfect. So sweet, so true to the characters, so very, very satisfying! It was the perfect little Christmas fic. It made my night.

Chriscy smile smile smile
Marvellous!!!
Sweet, you did good Wendy sloppy

I was curious, sitting on the edge of my chair after the first part and having read the second one too, I'm elated! There have been many stories in the past where my reaction to Clark telling Lois his secret was some kind of disappointment (notice: in Clark, not in the writer) but in "Lonely This Christmas" it's different, maybe because it's focused on friendship and love. *sigh*
Posted By: Incognito Re: FDK: Lonely This Christmas 2/2 *melts* - 12/21/05 02:27 AM
What a wonderful ending to a wonderful story. I really enjoyed Lois' first-person POV here. I'm normally not very taken with first-person POVs, but every once in a while, it's nice to take an intimate look into one character's point of view. I have always been so fascinated by Lois, who is my favourite character in the fandom, and it was wonderful to be given a glimpse into her state of mind here.

Beautiful gift choices, well-executed revelation, scrumptious WAFFyness all around.

I admit to feeling a little distressed upon seeing Ann's comment on the FDK thread of the first installment, especially since I didn't catch the posts that have now been consigned to oblivion. I have been reading your work in the archive for the past couple of weeks and have made my way through a large majority of them. They've given me a lot of joy and so I selfishly hope that your sabbatical will truly just be a sabbatical and not an exit. That said, what a beautiful story to leave us with as you go on your break from writing in the fandom. Thank you very much, Wendy. Happy holidays. smile
Posted By: Tank Re: FDK: Lonely This Christmas 2/2 *melts* - 12/21/05 04:56 AM
Seemed kind of waffy.

Tank (who feels that sometimes it's necessary to point out such things)
Posted By: jackiek Re: FDK: Lonely This Christmas 2/2 *melts* - 12/21/05 07:21 AM
Very sweet! I love it!

Jackie
Posted By: ChiefPam Re: FDK: Lonely This Christmas 2/2 *melts* - 12/21/05 09:11 AM
Ah, thank you for not leaving me hanging, Wendy! laugh

This was wonderful. Sweet WAFFy goodness, all the way through.

PJ
off on vacation...
Posted By: daneel Re: FDK: Lonely This Christmas 2/2 *melts* - 12/21/05 10:09 AM
drool

Jose wave
Posted By: TOC Re: FDK: Lonely This Christmas 2/2 *melts* - 12/21/05 12:50 PM
Hmm... I would have liked him to be more guilty. Well, Wendy, you know how much I HATE his lies!!! razz

So, when I think back of this story, I'm going to remember it for the first part rather than for the second. But then again, I really, really loved the first part of it! clap

Ann
Posted By: Sheila Re: FDK: Lonely This Christmas 2/2 *melts* - 12/21/05 05:04 PM
Aww...so sweet! What a gift. love
Posted By: Jen P Re: FDK: Lonely This Christmas 2/2 *melts* - 12/22/05 01:35 AM
Loved it!! Guess you're the Queen of WAFF too! thumbsup

Jen A
Hi Wendy,

Simply, I just loved this. smile

Yours Jenni
Posted By: TriciaW Re: FDK: Lonely This Christmas 2/2 *melts* - 12/22/05 02:27 AM
Wendy

WOW! Another superb story! smile1 It's excellent.

Tricia cool
Posted By: Julie S Re: FDK: Lonely This Christmas 2/2 *melts* - 12/22/05 10:04 PM
I read the last part with such a stupid grin on my face... <g> Not good because I was sitting in a library, but whatever.

Paused to make some pained expressions and move to the edge of my seat when Clark worked hard on digging himself a grave. The boy is an expert at doing that!

Seriously. The smart thing to do would have been to come to her as Clark and tell her everything. But no. Lunkhead. <g>

/me positions some mistletoe over Lois and Clark

Well done, Wendy smile Totally WAFFy and had me in a puddle! You should have seen me sitting there grinning <g>

Julie smile
Lovely part...lovely story.

The way Clark told her and the way She reacted were great.

Lois kissing Clark that way and telling him she loved him was the best.

You always make me feel something special with your stories, thank you a lot for that and MERRY CHRISTMAS.

Karla
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards