Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Awesome ending, Wendy. I read your WHAM warning two days ago, so I knew Lois was destined to get better, but I'm still very relieved that the happy ending has finally arrived. I think you chose a great conclusion to the story; taking it slow, but anticipating a future together. I think their relationship has grown by leaps and bounds over the course of a day already.

I have to say that a comment on the last FDK thread about short term memory loss caused me no small amount of concern for a while, but whew. Nothing like that to hit me over the head. wink

After all, she couldn’t have both Clark and herself wearing glasses... it would just look too cute for words.
I just loved that! Hee. Totally saw it in my mind, too.

I particularly liked the bit about Henderson and Lois planning to go easy on him for a while.

Looking forward to reading this in its entirety on the archive. It's one of my favourite pieces of yours. Thank you for such a wonderful journey!

Chris
"Superman is a guy who's seen wonders we'll never see and Lois is to him, one of those wonders."
Columnist
Columnist
wOW.
I loved the end, the way Lois was getting better...slowly...like it had to be.

This is now one of my favorite stories, you did a great work.

I am happy Lois got better and that they are gonna go out on a date, just the way I wanted, step by step and giving Lois time to understand her feelings for Clark.

Clark was so happy, it was so sweet, cute, special, ohhhh...well, you know what I mean.

And Martha looking at Lois ring, good idea, it was so Martha...lol

Its late and I have to sleep but I couldnt go without posting my comment first.

Well done.

Please keep writting this master pieces Wendy.

Karla

Columnist
Columnist
I didn't think it could be done. I didn't think it was possible to end this story in one part after where you left us off in the last segment. But I don't know why I even doubted you. It was perfect! thumbsup Everything came to a close. She's getting better, with a few side effects of course. They are going to try dating first. The bit about Henderson. Their future investigation into Luthor. You hit every loose end I could think of. This story was wonderful. I absolutely loved it! Of course, now I'm anticipating your next story. wink

~Kristen

Joey: If he doesn't like you, then this is all just a moo point.
Rachel: A moo point?
Joey: Yeah, it's like a cow's opinion, you know, it just doesn't matter. It's "moo."
Rachel: Have I been living with him for too long, or did that all just make sense?
Top Banana
Top Banana
Wonderful story Wendy. I just wish that there weren't any doubts about their marriage. peep This was tied up nicely and I can finally stop rushing to my computer after work to see if a new part has been posted and pretending to be too proud to grovel. blush

Well done!

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Wow. Just. Wow. I’m simply speechless right now. Please allow a moment for recovery.

Ok. I may actually be able to form something resembling a coherent response now. Wendy, I absolutely LOVED this story. I have been a fan of your work for quite a while and have read the majority of your stories that are on the archive. As you remarked in one of your responses to feedback, this story does have a reduced amount of introspection in comparison to some of your previous stories. Don’t get me wrong, I often like the introspection, it helps to really understand what the characters are thinking and feeling. However this story – with time being such a critical factor throughout the entire narrative – very much benefited from the leaner writing style. It improved the flow of the story and helped match the frantic pace that was present in the story.

And the final part was simply wonderful. A pitch-perfect end to the hell of the previous “24 Hours.”

And every minute that continued to happen gave him more hope that they’d done it. They’d saved her.

It was lead. They knew that for sure now.
As I read this, I breathed a huge sigh of relief. I did read the WHAM warning early, so I knew the toys would be put back together. However, that knowledge did not in any way diminish the dramatic impact of each part of the story.

For long moments, neither of them spoke. Clark couldn’t have found the words, anyway; all he could do was look at her. Take in the fact that, contrary to what he’d believed, lived, for the past day, she was alive. And was going to stay that way - well, barring bad guys and kidnappings and plots to blow up the world.
This line was great. It so perfectly captures the moment that Lois and Clark are sharing. The last bit had that wry and dry humour that I love so much (that extra “u” in humor was added in your honour for writing such an amazingly wonderful story.)

Oh. Right.

Regrets, now that their hasty marriage was something she had to face in the cold light of day?
He didn’t want a divorce. That was just being unrealistic, though. Sure, he’d told her that he loved her yesterday, and she’d even said she loved him back. But he couldn’t hold her to a deathbed declaration.
Did she want to be married to Clark?

Did she want to be married at all?
But still, she wasn’t ready to make that decision. For him... or for her. Carefully, she asked, “Can we... not talk about that yet?”
I enjoyed your handling of the little issue of their marriage. The reactions of both Lois and Clark were very realistic and true to character. They both love each other and they both realize that fact. They have become very close in the past 24 hours. I am reminded of the song that says: “What a difference a day makes, twenty-four little hours.” Much has changed in the past day for both Lois and Clark. However, one day is still just one day, no matter how extraordinary that day may have been. All of the adjustments that both will have to make will be more…shall we say interesting than either of them realize.

The story of how they adjust to their completely altered lives has the makings of a great sequel.

Take your time convalescing - my officers will appreciate it. Careful of the thorns - like someone I know, they can sting! Welcome back to the land of the living - Bill H.
I loved how you were able to use Henderson a lot in this story. I feel that he was tragically under-used in the series, but your incarnation of him in this story is great.

If you were to write a sequel, we could even enjoy more of this Henderson.

“Well, I guess we know what our next big investigation is, partner. And we’ll get to do it together after all.”

“Yeah.” He grinned. “I’m looking forward to it. And Bill’s promised us exclusive access. He doesn’t expect this to be over any time soon - not with someone as slippery as Luthor, and with so many lawyers on his payroll. I think it could keep us busy for a few months.”
I loved how Clark told Lois about Luthor’s legal troubles.

The story of how Luthor’s empire falls apart and how Lois and Clark cover it has the makings of a great sequel.

In short, brava.

In case you didn’t notice, I believe that this story is practically begging for a sequel (or is it me that is begging?)

This story is well tied together in the end, but it holds so much hope for the future. I suppose that is appropriate given the content of the story. That same hope for the future would be well addressed in a sequel.

-Em

P.S I know it has been said that readers are insatiable. To that charge I cheerfully plea “Guilty.”

"But my experience is that as soon as people are old enough to know better, they don't know anything at all."

-Oscar Wilde, "Lady Windermere's Fan"
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Holy cow!! We made it!! She's alright!! hyper party This story has made me crazy because its so good! I have walked that very fine line of interested reader and compulsive fan checking for the next part. I stay up all hours of the night catching up and reading and waiting. blush Wendy, this has been such a great story I just can't help but to hope for a sequel. I am totally w/ eminMN!! Bring on the next chapters in their lives!! Lets see them date and deal with their marriage! smile We could use a good WAFF after all that drama! To sum up my adoration, I loved it! hail I've said it once and I will say it again... You are the Queen!! hail

Jen A

I heart Clark Kent.
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
smile1
Wow! Thanks, Wendy! I've been walking the streets looking quite a few sandwiches short of a full picnic since I read part twenty of your story, but for some reason nobody arrested me. goofy

And this, about all the flowers she received:
But she also had a sneaking fondness for a vase of peach roses - complete with thorns - which had arrived by messenger a few hours after she'd awoken to see Clark asleep by her bedside.
And this is what it says on the card:
Take your time convalescing - my officers will appreciate it. Careful of the thorns - like someone I know, they can sting! Welcome back to the land of the living - Bill H.

She'd smiled when Clark had put the card down. Maybe she'd put Henderson on her Christmas card list this year.
Wendy, that's just adorable! The peach (sweet innocent, very feminine colour) roses with thorns... And Henderson on Lois's Christmas card list! thumbsup

Just a few final thoughts. I almost died with laughter over that thing about Lois and Clark both wearing glasses and being too cute together for words!!!! thumbsup

Ann

S
SJH Offline
Features Writer
Features Writer
S
Twenty-one posts, twenty-one pounds of chocolate. Damn the cholesterol.

"I'm red-eyed, tired and drunk" Teri Hatcher
"Fun will now commence" 7of9
Merriwether
Merriwether
Whew. What a wild ride. But it's been fun, despite the hair-raising, blood-curdling drops along the way. But it came to such a satisfying conclusion! They're staying married, but still taking it slow. Lois is going to live, and Lex is going down. Just the way it should be. laugh

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
Kerth
Kerth
What an excellent ending! You were right to have them take things slow, but have provided a clear vision of where the future will lead. This was a fabulous story! thumbsup Susan

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
G
Columnist
Columnist
G
Excellent ending, Wendy. There's a definite future for Lois and Clark together, but they'll get there slowly...although, I believe that they'll begin dating, but that won't last long. smile1

The story was suspenseful and a nail-biter. The pacing was great, and the resolution wonderful.

What's next?

gerry

Kerth
Kerth
Really good story Wendy, and it was a nice end smile

Jose notworthy

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Nicely wrapped. The happy ever after is set up to progress comfortably, unless...

The headline in the Daily Planet the next day reads: "Hundreds Die is Bridge Collapse... Where was Superman?"

Just a thought.

Tank (who understands Clark's emotional need to be with Lois all the time, but in the light of who Superman is finds it unrealistic, even if it is the stuff of 'true romance')

Top Banana
Top Banana
Wendy, you've outdone yourself this time. This has been one amazing ride and I'm glad I got to read it in parts. All the angst, suspense, nail-biting worry and more came accross this way. I loved every minute of it and it's sad to know there will be no more. But in a way, it's good the story is over. No more rushing in the morning when I have no time to read, but simply must read the next chapter, because I had to know what happened next. <g>

I had my doubts that you could get us the happy ending we wanted, but you managed it after all. Well done! thumbsup And what's more, it's all very realistic as well. Nicely tied up. No more Lex, Lois is better (and what's a minor side effect like contacts when you get to live?) They'll be dating, and ending up in a happy marriage.

But there's one point that really deserves some more attention. Henderson. You write the man brilliantly! No idea how you do it, but it's just *him*. His hard work, his way of speaking and showing he cares. The roses were a perfect idea!

Waiting for your next story now, Wendy!

Saskia (deeply in awe and writing this done for the Kerths)

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
*releases breath*

Wendy, mo cuisle, mo gheal, mo chroí, m'aingeal go léir agus mo very nice chara... you finished it laugh This story has been like a rollercoaster for me [note; I hate rollercoasters goofy ] - I haven't been as hooked or as apprehensive or as involved or as downright terrified by a story in a very long time, and this part was no different!

First of all, that last cliffhanger had me absolutely *screaming* and wanting to fly to Canada and throttle you till you told me how it ended... not that I would have done anything so violent and undignified, of course blush ... but it was kind of lucky this part came as soon as it did <g>

But she was still breathing. Still inhaling and exhaling, blood still flowing around her veins and pumping through her heart.

And every minute that continued to happen gave him more hope that they'd done it. They'd saved her.
Love those lines. Love them. Because that was the moment I realised Lois was going to get well, because you wouldn't POSSIBLY give us lines as beautifully crafted and eloquent and full of hope as those ones without following them up with a happy ending. So major phew moment there. And just a little bit of clap notworthy hail

Sara [who's sorry the story is over, but glad for the sake of her poor nails... wink ]

Death: Easy, Bill. You'll give yourself a heart attack and ruin my vacation.

Meet Joe Black
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Love this story! thumbsup thumbsup

MAF clap

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Top Banana
Top Banana
You know before reading the last part, I was all ready to demand a waffy epilogue,

BUT,

your progression of events was simply superb, and the ending just fits!

Adored the dates and keep-my-ring segment. goofy )

wave

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Awwwwww. Nicely tied up. AND my favorite part was probably the fact that L&C didn't just jump into being married. The toys were neatly put back in the box, but I think the toychest is open for the journey the two of them still need to take together.

I have to admit, I checked the WHAM warning for the first time to see how this story would end. I checked it before I even started reading the story, but it was all still so...tense and unsettling even though in the back of my head I knew Lois would be ok.

Great, great story.
JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Wendy -

Never have I been more addicted to a story than I have to this one - I apologize for not having kept up with posting comments - but it was simply amazing. Every step. Every breath. Every detail.

I do have one question, though (besides is there a sequel! smile ) - Am I reading too much into it, or is there significance to the fact that the poison was, in the end, lead - the one element that Clark/Superman's powers don't work on? If so - brilliant! If not, well - apparently sometimes I overanalyze smile

So what comes next? smile
Shells

You must be the change you wish to see in the world.

- Mahatma Gandhi
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Aw Wendy this was very sweet. I loved the ending! And they lived happily ever after, sigh... Nice job! Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard