Wrong Place, Wrong Time, Wrong Clark TOC can be found Here

Where we left Lois and Clark at the end of Part 214

Lois slipped into the chair opposite him and set her hands down on top of his.

Clark let go of his own hands and took hold of hers. “I’m sorry, Lois, really I am,” he said. “I can’t erase the lies in my head. I can only wallpaper over them with the truth.”

“You know,” she said hesitantly. “— if we make love, we’d win and he’d lose.”

“Are you suggesting that we make a sex tape and send it to Luthor in jail?” he asked and she could hear the incredulity in his voice.

Lois pretended to consider that idea. “Well, it would have to be of me and Superman, and it’s probably best if such a tape never exists,” she said, sighing deeply with regret. “So, no.”

A hint of a smile curled up on the corner of his mouth. “Tempting thought, though,” he murmured.

She chuckled. “Let’s not even go there.”

He nodded. “We should leave him to wonder in agony.”

Lois knew what that felt like, so she thought it was just punishment. “What can I do to help you with your wallpapering project?”

“Be yourself.”

“Oh, come on, Chuck. I can do more than that,” she prodded.

Clark smiled. “Be patient with me. It’s slow-drying glue.”

“Make up your mind, Clark. Either I can be myself or I can be patient. I can’t be both.”

He laughed, and it filled the room with sunshine. “You can…” He let go of her hand and dipped his fingers into his shirt pocket. His brow furrowed. He stood up and patted his pants pockets, finally pulling out some blue charity ball tickets and holding them up. “You can be my date to the ball.”

“Dancing?” she asked rhetorically. Then, she recalled Perry’s words when he had passed out the tickets the day before: ‘Make sure you invite people who know how to dress and don’t mind dancing close.’ She grinned. “You’ve got yourself a date.”

Part 215

Slipping beside Clark in the gallery seating of the courtroom, Lois patted his thigh. “Hi. Did I miss anything?”

“No,” he whispered back. “They’ve only just brought Baby Rage into the courtroom.” He nodded towards the defendant’s table where the man Superman had caught bombing Café Americana sat with his lawyer. “Where were you?”

“Running errands,” she whispered. “Who’s the scumbag next to Baby Rage? He doesn’t look like the typical public defender.”

The man appeared even slimier than every one of Luthor’s attorneys, if that was possible. “He’s not. He’s clearly been financed.”

They all stood up as Judge Lance Davis entered the chambers and then sat down for introductions of the attorneys. Lois’s hand automatically returned to Clark’s thigh.

“I’m Martin Snell and I’ll be defending Daniel Anthony Bell,” the defense attorney said.

Lois’s grip tightened. “I know that name,” she said, letting go of his thigh to dig through her briefcase, and allowing Clark to breathe again.

He grinned. He loved it when Lois’s psychic power worked in their favor. He especially liked her ability to know people’s names before she had met them.

“Snell used to work with Mayson for Bill Church.” She pulled out a photograph, passing it to Clark. The picture showed Snell, Mayson, and Bill Church together at some function.

So much for her psychic intuition.

“And I know his voice,” Clark whispered to Lois as Snell continued to go on about the innocence of his client. Finally, Judge Davis silenced him. Clark tapped his ear and, then, gave her a meaningful look to let Lois know from where.

“He’s the voice?” she hissed. Her Uncle Mike, sitting in the row in front of them, turned around to glare at her. She waved and mouthed, “Sorry.”

“If he has a connection to Bill Church, I can see why he didn’t want to reveal himself,” Clark murmured into her ear. He closed his eyes for a second to revel in the scent of her hair. Instead of inquiring if Lois had changed her shampoo to something that smelled like a combination of avocado and ocean breezes, he went on, “He wouldn’t want to lead Superman or us back to his boss or Intergang.”

Lois shivered as if his breath tickled her neck and grabbed hold of his thigh once more.

Clark slipped his hand under hers and laced their fingers, causing them to exhale with relief. Something about skin-to-skin contact with Lois seemed to relax them both.

A part of him was glad that he wasn’t alone in fighting the demons of desire, but the rest of him wished being in Lois’s vicinity wasn’t so distracting. He had promised Perry that their relationship wouldn’t interfere with their professional life. He only hoped he could stay true to that promise.

The judge called the lawyers to his bench for a sidebar.

Lois licked her lips and leaned towards Clark’s ear. “My uncle told me that last night he was rescued by this cop who appeared out of nowhere, who stopped three men from killing him without pulling his gun, and then faded into the shadows just as quickly as he appeared,” she murmured, giving their entwined hands a tight squeeze as she rubbed her hand against his thigh. “Any ideas who that could have been? Because I’d love to interview him.”

Clark raised an eyebrow as he wondered if his vocal chords would work with his throat constricted. “You want me to ask around?” he said hoarsely.

“Well, you know how I like a man in blue uniform,” she replied.

He wondered how fast she would back-pedal if he told her it wasn’t him? It was him, but still he wondered. “Perhaps Superman called in Batman from Gotham City,” he replied.

“You know Batman?” she asked. Her fingers were now squeezing his so hard it would’ve hurt had he been an ordinary man.

“No,” he scoffed. Then, because he was a glutton for Lane punishment, he added, “But Superman might.”

Lois gazed at him suspiciously, so to ease her mind he gave his head a slight shake. She sighed with relief, once more allowing blood to flow into his hand.

“Very funny.”

He grinned. It had been worth it. He should have known Lois wouldn’t like being out of the loop.

Mayson and Snell headed back to their respective tables. Their facial expressions alone told him it wasn’t good news. Snell practically skipped. Mayson’s teeth were grinding together as if wishing someone would give her means and opportunity to get away with murder.

Lois also must have suspected something, because she murmured, “What’s going on?”

Clark hadn’t eavesdropped merely because a) it was rude, and b) Lois had distracted him.

“New evidence seems to indicate that the officers who arrested the defendant did not properly apprise him of his Miranda Rights,” said Judge Davis.

“What? No!” gasped Uncle Mike.

“The warrant issued to search his house did not have the correct address on it,” continued the judge. “Miss Drake, your office personally issued the warrant.”

“There must be some kind of mistake,” she said coldly as if she knew it wasn’t a mistake.

“If so, I’ll grant you twenty-four hours to investigate this matter internally and refute the charges, otherwise I’ll have no choice but to declare the arrest invalid and set the defendant free.”

Mayson leaned over to whisper to her colleague and saw Clark sitting a few rows away. Then her eyes darted to Lois. Clark could read annoyance clearly in her expression. Then, again, it could have to do with the fact he was there with Lois.

“I believe her,” Clark said as he and Lois followed Mike Lane into the hall outside the courtroom a few minutes later.

“Me, too,” Lois replied.

Clark glanced at Lois with surprise. “You do?”

“Yeah,” she said with a slow bob of her head as if she were a bit stunned by this answer as well. “I do. Someone sabotaged the case.”

“I agree,” Mike said, stopping in order to face them. “I heard the officer read him his rights. I’d even swear to that in court.”

“I’m sure that Ms. Drake would appreciate it, Uncle Mike, but since you’re the victim in this crime, I doubt your word is going to be enough,” Lois replied, setting her hand on his arm in support. “Were there any other witnesses?”

Mike shook his head. “Nah. Superman had flown off once he had captured Baby Rage and locked him in the dumpster.”

“Too bad,” Lois replied, frowning.

“Hey, Superman’s a busy guy, Lois. He protects the world from psychopaths and Earthquakes,” Mike said, jumping to Superman’s defense. “I’m just lucky that he happened to be flying nearby and heard the explosion.”

Clark wondered if Lois would mention that she had personally asked the hero, as if he needed to be asked, to keep an eye out for the Café Americana when he did his nightly patrols of the city.

Lois kissed her uncle’s cheek. “Bye, Uncle Mike. Clark and I need to investigate what’s going on right away.”

Mike grinned at her. “You go get ‘em, tiger.”

As Lois and Clark crossed the street to where she had parked her Jeep Cherokee, Lois’s mind went over their conversation. She paused before opening her car door and caught Clark’s eye over the top. “Superman locked Baby Rage in a dumpster?” she inquired.

“Not literally, Lois,” Clark replied, stepping inside the passenger side with a shake of his head.

“Maybe he did,” she said, pulling open her door and sitting down. “I can recall quite clearly that time you tossed me in one too.”

“Lois,” he interjected. “Superman bent the metal of the dumpster’s handle around Baby Rage’s wrist to hold him secure until the police arrived. That’s what your uncle meant.”

“Oh.” Her brow furrowed.

“And, for the record, I’ve never dumped you in a trashcan before,” Clark said, before lowering his voice and murmuring to himself, “Wanted to, but never actually did it.”

You rat fink! “Sure you did,” Lois retorted, poking him in the chest. “After you outed me as... as… um…” Her rant quieted and her finger stopped jabbing him. “Hmmm. That’s weird. You didn’t out me to Toni Taylor, did you? For a second there, I was so sure you had.” She shook her head. “Never mind.”

She could feel Clark’s gaze rest upon her. He must think that she was losing her marbles. Lois didn’t want to look at him for fear that she was. That picture and smell of the rotten vegetables had been so strong, so clear when her uncle had mentioned the dumpster; it didn’t make any sense that it was a daydream, not a memory. Why would she daydream of Clark throwing her away like that?

He patted her hand reassuringly.

Lois placed her keys in the ignition. She would talk while she drove, then she couldn’t look at him and see the pity in his eyes. “Um… Clark?” she asked, pulling out into the street.

“Yes?”

“When you say you’ve ‘never’ thrown me in a dumpster, do you mean never ever or never now?”

“What do you mean by ‘never now’?”

“You know…” She changed lanes, cutting off a cab who had tried to pull ahead and block her. “Never since you came back in time, or never ever at any time, any place, and hell, in any dimension?” she asked with a slight snicker. As if, there were other parallel dimensions to this one.

He sighed. “Never ever, Lois.”

Lois glanced at him out of the corner of her eye. “Just making sure.”

Clark took her hand in his. “I love you too much to ever do that to you, minha.”

“Smooth,” she murmured. Then she recalled that he said that he had been tempted to do so. “But sending me off to the Metropolis Sewage Reclamation Facility, on the other hand…”

He cleared his throat. “I have a confession.”

Lois slammed on the brakes, but only because the car in front of her stopped short. Stupid out-of-towner! Nobody in Metropolis stops at yellow lights! She turned to fix Clark in her gaze. Would Clark rat out Cat?

“That wasn’t me.”

Apparently, he would. “No?” Lois asked innocently.

“No. I know I took credit for it, but someone else sent you the map to Superman’s spaceship,” he admitted.

Okay, not by name. “I know,” she said, focusing her eyes back on the road. “Cat told me. I just wondered if you would keep lying about it if I asked you straight out.”

“If I recall properly, Superman admitted to not knowing anything about it at the time and I only confessed to the crime after you accused me outright. I figured I’d have a better chance at surviving your wrath than she would.” He chuckled. “Man, was she upset when you respected me for doing that.”

She hadn’t respected him for dumping her in the trash and stealing her story, though. However, he claimed that hadn’t happened. It hadn’t happened. They had made out in the storeroom, instead. Then, where did this memory come from? “Do you have a doppelganger in town?”

“Not in town, no. Although, there are quite a few guys who impersonate Superman.”

“But none who’d impersonate Clark,” she finished for him.

“There’s not much money in that,” he replied with a teasing lilt to his voice, before saying more seriously, “And I doubt any of them would fool you.”

With his fear of intimacy, doubtful. “Don’t try to flatter me, Kent.”

“I wouldn’t dare to, Ms. Lane.”

Lois pulled into the garage below the Daily Planet and parked in her spot. “You’re lucky that I respect you now.”

“That’s only because I’ve earned it.”

Had he? She looked at him uncertainly. His Superman side had, definitely, but had his Clark side? Since they were the same person, she guessed she would give him that one. She shrugged.

“Gee, thanks,” he grumbled.

She scratched her arm before patting his face and leaning in for a kiss. However, Clark didn’t tilt his head and she ran into his chin.

“That bug bite still bothering you?” he asked, pulling her arm towards him.

“It’s nothing, Clark. Just a bug bite!” Then, she recalled how annoyed by them he had been when he’d been vulnerable in Smallville. “I’m fine, really. Just something you invulnerable types hardly ever have to deal with.”

“Lois, this isn’t a bug bite,” he said, pushing up her sleeve. “You’ve developed a rash.”

She rolled her eyes. “All bug bites swell up like that when you scratch them, Clark. That’s why our mothers kept telling us not to scratch them.”

“No, Lois,” he corrected her, tapping the edge of his glasses, which she noticed were sitting on the end of his nose. “You’ve developed a rash. It reminds me of the one I got during Nightfall.”

“Someone embedded me with Kryptonite?” she gasped, staring at her arm.

He put his hand over her bite. “No. I’d feel that, but it’s some kind of radioactive substance.”

“Why would...? The paint bullets!” she said, interrupting herself.

“Of course. They’re tracking you using radio isotopes!” Clark announced, as if the answer had been obvious. Hindsight always was. “Tweezers?”

Lois rolled her eyes. He should know better. She pulled her briefcase out from the backseat and a moment later, handed them over.

He removed his glasses and set them on the dashboard. “Hold still,” he murmured.

She looked away. Well, not away, but at his face without his glasses, instead of what he was doing to her arm. Man, did he look good without those frames blocking his face. She felt a short prick of pain, followed by a cool soothing breeze on her arm.

Clark held up the tweezers and something smaller than the size of a bee’s stinger. “Got it!”

Lois smiled. “My hero, Dr. Kent.”

He grinned. “If they can track this to you, I may be able to track it back to them.” He caressed her cheek with his free hand.

Clark never looked sexier than when Superman’s confidence appeared on his face.

He put his glasses back on. “You check out James… Jimmy… Jimbo’s arm and anyone else in the office you think Intergang might target to keep Superman in line,” he said, briefly kissing her cheek and stepping out of the Jeep. Within a second, he was gone in a whirlwind.

Lois exhaled back into her seat with disappointment.

Apparently, she was the only one of them who had found that incredibly hot.

Lois paced the living room of her apartment.

It wasn’t like Clark to be late.

Okay, it was like him to get distracted by rescues. Other than those times, he was usually the most punctual man she knew. Since they had tricked Martin Snell into admitting that he had sabotaged Mayson’s case against Baby Rage and Superman had taken down Intergang’s secret inner-city shooting range, Lois thought she might be able to finally persuade Clark to continue where they had left off a few nights…er… mornings ago.

Anyway, she didn’t want to go to this stupid Intergang… CostMart/Daily Planet Charity Ball thingy without him. Showing up alone would look so pathetic. And she had to show, if for no other reason than Bill Church was going to be there and Lois wanted to see how he was acting, now that his lawyer was in lockup.

Lois took a deep breath and exhaled.

Everyone knew that she and Clark were an item. Clark could just meet her there. She wouldn’t look pathetic, she told herself.

It would only appear as if he stood her up.

No, Clark was a well-respected man at the Daily Planet. Nobody would think he stood her up.

They would think that he had done something stupid and she had broken up with him again, which was the farthest thing from the truth… unless he didn’t show without at least a phone call. She had shopped during every free moment she had this week for this dress and she wasn’t going to let him ruin all her plans. Everyone would still blame her for Clark’s absence even if it were his fault for not showing to pick her up.

They had agreed to meet at her apartment, hadn’t they?

A knock on her door interrupted this chain of thought.

Lois checked her hair in the mirror one last time. If everything went according to her plan… well, it would be a night to remember, that was for sure. Sometimes, jumping into the water with two feet was the best way to move past one’s fear.

“You’re…” she said, throwing open the door. “— not my date. How may I help you, Officer?”

Standing where Clark should have been was one of Metropolis’s finest or at least she hoped it was. He had his head bowed and she couldn’t see past the brim of his hat.

“Evening, Lois Lane, ma’am,” he said with a slight New York accent as he tapped his hat in greeting. “I’m Officer Jordan Elliot. I heard through the grapevine that you wanted to interview me.” He glanced up and she could see Clark’s gaze, without glasses, looking straight through her.

Her mouth went dry as her jaw fell open. Her eyes moved down his body and back up to his face. Clark made that circus strongman suit look good, but he totally blew her away as a cop. Her joke about liking a man in uniform didn’t seem as funny now. She resisted the urge to grab his tie and drag him inside. Instead, she stepped back to let the man enter her apartment.

Eyeing her hesitantly, he took off his cap and held it in front of him. “Nice place you have here, Ms. Lane.”

This better have been Clark, because if he had hired a Superman impersonator to come to her apartment dressed up as a cop, she was going to kill him… both of them.

“Thank you, Officer,” she replied. “I don’t have much time. As you can see, I’m expecting my boyfriend to show up at any moment. We’re going to the ball.”

This time, ‘Officer Elliot’s’ eyes were the ones which traveled down and up her body, ending with a familiar smile. “He’s a lucky man,” he said.

She held his gaze now that it was looking back at her eyes. “Very lucky.”

Why hadn’t Clark broken character? Was he testing her or having fun with this little charade? If he wanted to play, she would be game.

She walked over to her desk and pulled a notepad from the top. “I understand you’re the officer who helped capture those three Skins gang members who beat up my uncle at Café Americana.”

He nodded his head. “Yes, ma’am.”

“Did you read them their Miranda rights?” she asked, stepping closer to him.

His smile faltered. “Read, ma’am? Um… no, ma’am. I have them memorized.”

“Oh, dear. I hope that won’t be a problem when their case goes to trial,” Lois said. She was standing right next to him now.

“I’m sure the arresting officers read them their rights again, when they arrived,” he said. “The Captain has been stressing it all week.”

“I’m glad to hear it,” she said, setting her hand down on his arm. “You weren’t hurt during that altercation at my uncle’s restaurant, were you? Officer Elliot, was it?”

“No, ma’am. I mean, yes, ma’am, Jordan Elliot. Thank you,” he said, his voice breaking as her fingers wrapped around his muscles. He broke eye contact and looked down at her hand.

“I’m a big fan of men in blue,” Lois whispered. “Well, one man in blue in particular.”

He swallowed.

Her fingers moved up to the neck of his shirt and loosened his tie. “You weren’t planning on going to the ball in that uniform, were you, Clark?” She pulled his lips to her mouth in a searing kiss.

His arms wrapped around her waist and she felt her toes leave the floor. Game over.

“I just thought you’d want to meet Officer Elliot before he went back to the costume shop,” he murmured, setting them back down next to the sofa.

Lois bit her bottom lip as her index finger drew a zigzag down his navy jacket. “Does he have to leave so soon?”

“But you’re dressed for the ball,” he reminded her.

She glanced down at her mercury colored dress and smiled. Yes, I am.

“I especially like the cape,” Clark said, bouncing his eyebrows and running his fingers down the silk flowing down her back.

“It’s a stole,” Lois corrected him, taking a step back. “And you aren’t dressed.” She looked him up and down again, continuing to bite her bottom lip. She had never seen another Metropolis officer fill out his uniform so well. Actually, she had never given a uniformed officer a second glance before, especially since her arrest earlier that year.

He took a step back, striking a pose. “You like?”

Not trusting her voice, she merely nodded.

Clark grinned at her nonverbal compliment. “Let me go change,” he said, tilting his head towards her bedroom.

“I’ll come with you,” she said. Her eyes widened with the realization of what she said. “I mean, I’ll wait here. You’ll be just a moment, right?”

“Right,” he agreed, turning down her hall. He stopped a few steps later. “And here I always thought it was Superman you loved. It was merely his uniform.”

Lois reached to swat him, but missed. “I don’t love Superman,” she called. “It’s the man under the uniform!”

Clark peered around the corner. “Oh, so you’d only love me naked?”

“Apparently, I can only love you fully clothed!” She picked up a throw pillow off her couch and threw it down the hall at him.

“Low blow, Lois,” he returned.

“Then get off my ceiling, Chuck,” she said, sitting down on her couch in a huff. This wasn’t at all how she had pictured the evening. She took a deep breath and slowly released it. It was still early.

“I’m sorry, Lois. That was uncalled for,” Clark said, kissing her cheek and setting her throw pillow back down next to her. “Are you ready to go?”

“Are you?” she asked, turning around to see him perfectly adorned in a tuxedo. She stood up and failed to resist the urge to examine how good he looked. “You’re going to have to explain to me where you keep your spare clothes one of these days.”

“In my pocket.”

Lois raised an eyebrow at this doubtful statement.

“I would’ve been out sooner, but I had to steam out the wrinkles,” he said.

“You took three seconds,” she retorted, picking up her clutch purse from the side table.

“Seven, but…” He shrugged. “Who’s counting?”

After locking her door, she slipped her hand around his elbow. “So, where’s Officer’s Elliot?” she asked, checking under his pocket square.

Clark’s cheeks darkened slightly. “Hanging in your closet. I hope you don’t mind.”

I hope I can sleep tonight knowing that, Lois thought.

“I appreciate your support and helping me prove Martin Snell snowballed me,” Mayson said to Clark and Lois. They had met as the couple had moved towards the dance floor. “Especially after… well, that misunderstanding.”

Clark smiled. “You’ve proven yourself, Mayson. And don’t worry about the other thing. It’s forgotten.”

Lois made a snickering noise under her breath that indicated that she would never forget, but silenced it at his nudge.

“I appreciate it,” Mayson said. She glanced over her shoulder at the dance floor. “Would you like to…?”

“Actually, Lois and I were just heading…”

“We’ve got all night, Clark,” Lois interrupted, letting go of his arm and stepping away. “You may have this dance, Mayson.”

He turned and gazed suspiciously at Lois’s generosity, but she responded with a beaming smile that said that she trusted him.

Wow. Clark was impressed by this kind gesture. Not wanting to press his luck, though, he still kissed Lois’s cheek before stepping onto the dance floor with Mayson. It wasn’t as if he really wanted to dance with Mayson, but after Lois said it was okay, he couldn’t think of a way to say so without it sounding rude. Personally, he had been looking forward to holding Lois in his arms since he had arrived at her apartment earlier that evening and saw the hunger in her eyes when she had looked Officer Elliot over. With everything else between them, he guessed he needed patience with this as well.

He placed a hand on Mayson’s back as she set her hand in his other one.

“I hope we can still be friends,” Mayson said.

“Of course,” he replied, turning them around so that he could watch Lois. An infinitesimal part of him didn’t trust Lois’s generosity towards Mayson. It was so unlike her. Not that Lois couldn’t be kind, but… she usually didn’t give up something that she wanted so easily unless it was a diversionary tactic. Lois was talking to Perry, though, not grilling a Senator or Bill Church or sneaking off for some quick B&E.

Mayson glanced over her shoulder and Clark realized he had been obvious.

“Sorry,” he murmured.

“You don’t trust her, do you?” she asked.

“Of course, I…”

“I mean, I wouldn’t trust her either, if I were you. She’s a loose cannon,” Mayson went on.

True, but I’m loyal enough not to agree aloud. He smiled at Mayson. “I like that she’s unpredictable.”

Mayson scoffed. “That’s one way to put it. You’re a stand-up sort of guy, Clark. Have you even seen her rap sheet? I have.”

Clark chuckled. He bet not all of Lois’s risks had ended well. “I’m a good influence on her.” Or, at least, he hoped he was.

He watched as Perry invited Lois to dance. She removed her wrap and set it on her chair, before coming to the dance floor.

“I would expect so. Never been arrested. Not even a black mark against you… well, except that you’re known to hang out with known criminals.”

“I tend to meet them in my line of work,” he replied. “As do you.”

Mayson looked over her shoulder at Perry and Lois before returning her gaze to Clark’s face.

“Oh. You meant Lois,” he said.

“Let’s hope you’re the stronger influence in that partnership,” Mayson said.

“Lois’s heart is in the right…” Clark stopped, drawing in a sharp breath.

Perry had circled Lois around and Clark finally saw the back to Lois’s dress. Correction. He saw that it didn’t have a back. No, that wasn’t right either. There was a thin swath of sheer fabric joining the shoulder pieces, but from the bottom of her shoulder blades down... down…

Clark swallowed.

Down to that spot where Clark liked to rest his hand was completely uncovered. Actually, past that spot on her back. Her dress didn’t join until just under her hipbones.

“What?” Mayson asked, turning her head.

Clark realized that he had stopped altogether, not just stopped speaking. He had frozen on the dance floor when he had seen Lois’s naked back. He swirled Mayson around quickly, ending them back to their previous positions, in time to see Perry dip his partner backwards.

Lois laughed.

“I warned you,” Clark heard Perry say, pulling her back up. “I dip often and I dip low.”

Clark cleared his throat and tried to concentrate on Mayson.

It was impossible.

He couldn’t even recall their topic of conversation.

Lois’s back was there, right there, for everyone… for him to see and to examine at his leisure.

Clark pulled Mayson slightly closer so she wouldn’t notice his attention wasn’t focused on her.

He knew that the woman in the video hadn’t been Lois. He had known it in his heart, but still his mind had wanted proof. Visual proof that he had never found, no matter how many hours he had searched every inch of her living room and every inch of her bare skin in that video. His mind had still wanted to compare the two women side by side.

Sure, he hadn’t seen the scar from Lois’s bullet wound in the video. Still a nagging doubt made him wonder if the video could have been made earlier… the year before when she had been dating Luthor for real and before he had shot her. Clark had pushed that evil thought back into the dark recesses of his mind as rubbish, but it flared again now.

He had almost asked Lois last week when they had ended up sleeping together, if he could massage her back. It was the only way he could think of to see her back uncovered and remove that pesky doubt. Thankfully, he had been able to stop himself from asking such an odd and awkward question.

There. Just off the right side of her back, slightly above Clark’s favorite spot, was a scar. Paler than her normal skin tone. An old one. A miniscule scar, not more than a centimeter in length, but long enough for Clark to see without enhanced vision.

The woman in the video hadn’t had that scar. Her back had been perfect.

The music ended.

Time to switch dance partners.

***End of Part 215***

Part 216

Comments

Last edited by VirginiaR; 08/26/15 01:53 PM. Reason: Added Link, fixed typos

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.