Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#265589 08/19/15 02:28 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wrong Place, Wrong Time, Wrong Clark TOC can be found Here

Just a little change here and there from canon [Linked Image]... and just enough A-Plot for you to know where the story is.

Comments welcome.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
Mayson and Snell headed back to their perspective tables.
*psst* I think you mean "respective" rather than "Perspective" Perspective is a way of viewing things while respective is "belonging to."

*goes back to an enjoyable read*

Lois exhaled back into her seat with disappointment.

Apparently, she was the only one of them who had found that incredibly hot.
What, the confidence or the hot/cool moment? I could see the second and the first together, just not individually.

So he's finally reassured that the woman was a fake.

Quite honestly I think Clark would have been much better served to have given her a massage than to try and sneak peeks over other people's shoulders. It would have been enjoyable for both parties, if a little tortuous (but what sweet torture!)

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Christina: Thanks for reading and commenting! wave

*psst* I think you mean "respective" rather than "Perspective" Perspective is a way of viewing things while respective is "belonging to."
blush Can I blame it on spell checking too late during the night? Thanks. Fixed.

*goes back to an enjoyable read*
Don't let me stop you. [Linked Image]

Originally Posted by Christina
Originally Posted by WC 215
Lois exhaled back into her seat with disappointment.

Apparently, she was the only one of them who had found that incredibly hot.
What, the confidence or the hot/cool moment? I could see the second and the first together, just not individually.
His confidence was hot. Lois was still referring to it in the second line, not his lack of notice of her being warmed up.

So he's finally reassured that the woman was a fake.
Some of us like being reassured that what we know is true really in fact is true. It never hurts.

Quite honestly I think Clark would have been much better served to have given her a massage than to try and sneak peeks over other people's shoulders. It would have been enjoyable for both parties, if a little tortuous (but what sweet torture!)
Shall I let him know that it's okay then to touch Lois?
CLARK: thud
He'll be getting back to you on that. evil Perhaps I should tell him that you don't expect him to do so while at the ball.

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
The man appeared even slimier than every one of Luthor’s attorneys, if that was possible.
BENDER: Mr. Luthor had standards. He would only allow hiring lawyers who had never been caught cheating on a test or with the dean’s wife.

and allowing Clark to breathe again.
Poor guy. Lois really needs to touch him more on the thigh to desensitize him. What if Superman’s needed in the next couple of minutes?

Instead of inquiring if Lois had changed her shampoo to something that smelled like a combination of avocado and ocean breezes,
JUDGE DAVIS: And if the couple in the third row in the back won’t stop coupling right this minute, I will hold both of you in contempt of the court!

Something about skin-to-skin contact with Lois seemed to relax them both.
[Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

He had promised Perry that their relationship wouldn’t interfere with their professional life. He only hoped he could stay true to that promise.
/points at why there’s usually a two or three week honeymoon period after the wedding/

“Well, you know how I like a man in blue uniform,” she replied.
So, Clark should show up dressed in a Superman costume for her birthday and remove said costume slowly and to rhythmic music?

“No,” he scoffed. Then, because he was a glutton for Lane punishment, he added, “But Superman might.”
I’m wondering what he’d do if Lois actually kicked him out of her bed one night for such a remark.

Clark hadn’t eavesdropped merely because a) it was rude, and b) Lois had distracted him.
LOIS: a) yes, it’s very rude to not eavesdrop and b) flattering but still very unprofessional. He will need a spanking later.

“New evidence seems to indicate that the officers who arrested the defendant did not properly apprise him of his Miranda Rights,” said Judge Davis.
Did you know that that’s actually bullhoey about the missed Miranda Rights reading making the entire arrest unlawful? Fun fact about just how true to the fact television is. That and the gene tests taking only an hour or two, if that. Or being accurate more than…dunno…10% of the time?

Mayson leaned over to whisper to her colleague and saw Clark sitting a few rows away. Then her eyes darted to Lois. Clark could read annoyance clearly in her expression. Then, again, it could have to do with the fact he was there with Lois.
Or that the DP headline in the morning would read ‘DA office messed up – arsonist went free’ and the blurb ‘ADA Mayson Drake was suspended for gross negligence, severe incompetence, and blatant attempts at boyfriend stealing.’

“I’m sure that Ms. Drake would appreciate it, Uncle Mike, but since you’re the victim in this crime, I doubt your word is going to be enough,”
As opposed to the defendant swearing that he wasn’t read his rights?

Clark and I need to investigate what’s going on, right away.”
Hmm…I’m thinking the comma’s a tad excessive there.

Mike grinned at her. “You go get ‘em, tiger.”
Kitten? peep

Lois mind
There should be a possessive there.

“Superman locked Baby Rage in a dumpster?” she inquired.

“Not literally, Lois,” Clark replied,
confused Did he put Lois in a dumpster in part…uh…80?

“I can recall quite clearly that time you tossed me in one too.”
See!

“Lois,” he interjected. “Superman bent the metal of the dumpster’s handle around Baby Rage’s wrist to hold him secure until the police arrived. That’s what your uncle meant.”
So Superman damaged either public or private property to wrongly imprison an innocent bystander who just happened to walk by when a negligently left-open gas pipe ignited?

“And, for the record, I’ve never dumped you in a trashcan before,” Clark said, before lowering his voice and murmuring to himself, “Wanted to, but never actually did it.”
I’m *not* going to go back and check that one out right now. But…hmm…they almost did get cursed when they were caught in the Metro Club, so…huh

“Hmmm. That’s weird. You didn’t out me to Toni Taylor, did you? For a second there, I was so sure you had.” She shook her head. “Never mind.”
Ahh…see…? Also, this Clark was quite forward with Lola Dana in the club. Almost had to pay a 1000 bucks for the pleasure, too.
CLARK: Only 800 bucks. Employee discount!

As if, there were other parallel dimensions to this one.
[Linked Image]

Clark took her hand in his. “I love you too much to ever do that to you, minha.”
CANON LOIS: mad
CANON CLARK: She deserved it!

Lois slammed on the brakes, but only because the car in front of her stopped short. Stupid out-of-towner! Nobody in Metropolis stops at yellow lights!
[Linked Image]
Beep. Beep. Beeeeeep! Beep-Beep. Beeeeeep!

I figured I’d have a better chance at surviving your wrath than she would.” He chuckled. “Man, was she upset when you respected me for doing that.”
rotflol

Had he? She looked at him uncertainly. His Superman side had, definitely, but had his Clark side? Since they were the same person, she guessed she would give him that one. She shrugged.
Well…she does want to jump his bones so shouldn’t she respect his Clark side?
LOIS: Since when is respect a prerequisite for it?
CLAUDE: huh

He grinned. “If they can track this to you, I may be able to track it back to them.” He caressed her cheek with his free hand.
Yeah…about that one…

He put his glasses back on. “You check out James… Jimmy… Jimbo’s arm and anyone else in the office you think Intergang might target to keep Superman in line,”
Couldn’t Superman also stick the radio isotopes into Snell’s briefcase or pants pocket or something and then show up in the Southside?

They would think that he had done something stupid and she had broken up with him again
And then she’s look like a bitca.

Lois checked her hair in the mirror one last time. If everything went according to her plan… well, it would be a night to remember, that was for sure.
She playing for the prom night cliché?

How may I help you officer?”
Ooooh! I found a new home for the comma from earlier!

Standing where Clark should have been was one of Metropolis’s finest or at least she hoped it was. He had his head bowed and she couldn’t see past the brim of his hat.
Oooooooh! Lois has been a naaaaaughty girl and he’s here to arrest her. [Linked Image]

This better have been Clark, because if he had hired a Superman impersonator to come to her apartment dressed up as a cop, she was going to kill him… both of them.
That would be awkward. Her getting preggers with the imposter’s child.

“Thank you, Officer,” she replied.
This time ‘Officer’ is with a capital O, before it was lowercase o.

His smile faltered. “Read, ma’am? Um… no, ma’am. I have them memorized.”
He does realize that ‘read’ means speak them out loud to the perps, right? Poor guy, his blood flow’s being hindered again and his brain’s missing out.

You won’t be just a moment, right?”
won’t?

Clark peered around the corner. “Oh, so you’d only love me naked?”
He could show up as naked Superman, Clark, and Jordan Elliot and see who Lois picks.
LOIS: confused

“We’ve got all night, Clark,” Lois interrupted, letting go of his arm and stepping away. “You may have this dance, Mayson.”
thud

Mayson scoffed. “That’s one way to put it. You’re a stand-up sort of guy, Clark. Have you even seen her rap sheet? I have.”
Solicitation. Theft. Illegal entering of buildings. Marriage fraud. Assault.

Clark chuckled. He bet not all of Lois’s risks had ended well. “I’m a good influence on her.” Or, at least, he hoped he was.
He whisks her away before the cops show up?

Down to that spot where Clark liked to rest his hand was completely uncovered. Actually, past that spot on her back. Her dress didn’t join until just under her hipbones.
That’s…different. Also, when he held her earlier, shouldn’t he have noticed?

There. Just off the right side of her back, slightly above Clark’s favorite spot, was a scar.
[Linked Image] That’s an odd place for a scar.

Time to switch dance partners.
shock help

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Darth Michael: Thank you for commenting. Sorry for the delay in responding. I spent my free writing time working on the next plot arc instead of responding to FDK. Now that the kids are back in school, I’m hoping to be faster at replying.
BENDER: Mr. Luthor had standards. He would only allow hiring lawyers who had never been caught cheating on a test or with the dean’s wife.
LEX: You found Bender? Terrific! Now, kill him!
EW: Sorry, Mr. Luthor, but Bender is still missing. Although, Lex did have to let some lawyers go for being caught overbilling their employer and for skimming profits off the top. Their bodies are still missing.

Poor guy. Lois really needs to touch him more on the thigh to desensitize him. What if Superman’s needed in the next couple of minutes?
CLARK: Actually, funny thing, I breath better in space than next to Lois.

JUDGE DAVIS: And if the couple in the third row in the back won’t stop coupling right this minute, I will hold both of you in contempt of the court!
BABY RAGE: Aw, Judge, let them have one last time before they die.

Originally Posted by ER
Something about skin-to-skin contact with Lois seemed to relax them both.
ER: /has a solution! A naughty solution. Okay, he’ll share it. It’s a VERY naughty solution. Lois and Clark should take up smoking and sharing the smoke through kisses/
Uh. No, I don’t think so.
JUDGE: No smoking in the courtroom!
CLARK: I can’t help it, your honor. My partner is just too hot!
EW: [Linked Image]

/points at why there’s usually a two or three week honeymoon period after the wedding/
CLARK: Thanks, man. See, minha, even Micheal agrees we should get married first.
LOIS: mad

So, Clark should show up dressed in a Superman costume for her birthday and remove said costume slowly and to rhythmic music?
Or Christmas. It’s already October, so her birthday won’t be up again until next Sept.
LOIS: I’d take Halloween, too!

I’m wondering what he’d do if Lois actually kicked him out of her bed one night for such a remark.
Cheat on Clark with Superman?

LOIS: a) yes, it’s very rude to not eavesdrop and b) flattering but still very unprofessional. He will need a spanking later.
MAYSON: /fingers in her ears/ numb. Numb. I can’t hear you.
MIKE, JUDGE, SNELL, BABY RAGE: But the rest of us can. Quiet in the courtroom!

Did you know that that’s actually bullhoey about the missed Miranda Rights reading making the entire arrest unlawful? Fun fact about just how true to the fact television is. That and the gene tests taking only an hour or two, if that. Or being accurate more than…dunno…10% of the time?
Practicing law isn’t something I’ve ever interested in doing. I did know that DNA tests should take more time than it seems to take Abby, but maybe that has something to do with backlog.

Or that the DP headline in the morning would read ‘DA office messed up – arsonist went free’ and the blurb ‘ADA Mayson Drake was suspended for gross negligence, severe incompetence, and blatant attempts at boyfriend stealing.’
DA: We actually don’t fire people for stealing boyfriends, unless abduction is involved.

As opposed to the defendant swearing that he wasn’t read his rights?
American justice system for ya!

Hmm…I’m thinking the comma’s a tad excessive there.
You might have noticed, but I do have a tendency to do things excessively. [Linked Image] Thanks. Fixed.

Kitten? /peep/
No. I think Mike called her ‘Tiger’.

There should be a possessive there.
Thanks. Fixed.

Originally Posted by Michael
“Superman locked Baby Rage in a dumpster?” she inquired.

“Not literally, Lois,” Clark replied,
/confused/ Did he put Lois in a dumpster in part…uh…80?
No, Part 80 was follow-up after Project Shock Wave. They were unofficially officially dating (undercover), so I doubt he would want to throw her in a dumpster during that time. I think you meant Part 42, but it didn’t happen then either. evil

So Superman damaged either public or private property to wrongly imprison an innocent bystander who just happened to walk by when a negligently left-open gas pipe ignited?
No wonder Mayson doesn’t like Superman.

I’m *not* going to go back and check that one out right now. But…hmm…they almost did get cursed when they were caught in the Metro Club, so…/huh/
Whether or not they would have been cursed for going where they wanted to in the supply closet of the Metro Club is currently up for debate.
CLARK: huh It is?
LOIS: No, it isn’t.
EW: Maybe they were cursed with Lex Luthor because they didn’t. [Linked Image]
LOIS: Oh, that totally makes sense.
CLARK: That actually sounds reasonable.
LEX: I think I was just insulted.

Ahh…see…? Also, this Clark was quite forward with Lola Dana in the club. Almost had to pay a 1000 bucks for the pleasure, too.
CLARK: Only 800 bucks. Employee discount!
Actually, no employee discount as new hire bartenders were supposed to keep their hands off the merchandise.

CANON LOIS: /mad/
CANON CLARK: She deserved it!
clap

ER: /suggests Clark invests in the driverless cars/ Beep. Beep. Beeeeeep! Beep-Beep. Beeeeeep!
You do recall what happened to this [Linked Image] driverless taxi, right?

Well…she does want to jump his bones so shouldn’t she respect his Clark side?
LOIS: Since when is respect a prerequisite for it?
CLAUDE: /huh/
Claude respected Lois’s writing/reporting ability enough to steal her story.
LOIS: Okay, I respect Clark enough as a reporter to sleep with him. /holds up finger to stop you from interrupting/ That doesn’t happen all that often.

Yeah…about that one…
EW: /points to self/ I know. I know. A writer, not a scientist, but even I know that one. lol

Couldn’t Superman also stick the radio isotopes into Snell’s briefcase or pants pocket or something and then show up in the Southside?
He could, but he has more morals than to do that to anyone.
LOIS: Here, Jimmy, give me that thing we dug out of your arm.
TOMORROW’S DP HEADLINE: Snell and four other inmates died in prison escape when someone fired a cruse missle into the Metropolis Jail last night…

And then she’s look like a bitca.
Exactly!

Sorry, Michael, have to run off to work. TBC...

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
—Continuation of my response to Michael’s FDK –

She playing for the prom night cliché?
Well, she never had a prom night to remember, so…

Ooooh! I found a new home for the comma from earlier!
oops! blush Thanks. Fixed. /I also fixed the capitalization error/

Oooooooh! Lois has been a naaaaaughty girl and he’s here to arrest her. /Once more ER has forgotten on which boards this story resides/
Although, that could be a fun aside story… /drifts into her imagination/

That would be awkward. Her getting preggers with the imposter’s child.
CLARK: I don’t understand why Clark Jr doesn’t have powers and yet all our other kids do, Lois.
LOIS: Me, either, Clark, unless you once sent me an imposter-gram. lol
CLARK: [Linked Image] You… you’d… you of all people would be able to tell us apart, wouldn’t you?
LOIS: [Linked Image]

He does realize that ‘read’ means speak them out loud to the perps, right? Poor guy, his blood flow’s being hindered again and his brain’s missing out.
He’s a literalist, don’t you know? And he was going for ‘gentleman’ not blood rushing south.

You won’t be just a moment, right?”
won’t?
Yes, ‘won’t’ because he’ll have to take longer than a moment to change because he couldn’t possibly have his tuxedo hiding in his pocket… so, he’ll probably have to fly back to his apartment and… fine! I made it more linguistically friendly.

He could show up as naked Superman, Clark, and Jordan Elliot and see who Lois picks.
LOIS: /confused/
LOIS: I’m sorry, gentleman. Can you do the parade again, only slower? I need time to decide.

Originally Posted by ER
“We’ve got all night, Clark,” Lois interrupted, letting go of his arm and stepping away. “You may have this dance, Mayson.”
ER: /can’t believe Lois would be gracious to anyone, let alone Mayson Drake/
Lois must be sure of Clark’s love. laugh

Solicitation. Theft. Illegal entering of buildings. Marriage fraud. Assault.
Lois was never arrested for Marriage Fraud and the other charges never made it to trial.

He whisks her away before the cops show up?
He makes a good ‘get-away-man’. peep

That’s…different. Also, when he held her earlier, shouldn’t he have noticed?
Her dress comes with a matching cloak, which she was wearing at the time. He teased her that it was a ‘cape’. wink

/hmmm/ That’s an odd place for a scar.
There’s a good spot for a scar?

Time to switch dance partners.
ER: /shocked that EW would leave us at this spot, perhaps it’s time to call Superman for some “help”/
Either that or Michael thought I meant that Clark was giving up Lois for Mayson after this dance, but I doubt that’s what you meant. wink

Thanks for the comments, Michael, and for continuing to bring me smiles and inspire me to keep writing. I promise to get to the end of this Book at some point.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
[Linked Image]

I spent my free writing time working on the next plot arc instead of responding to FDK.
EW’s MUSE: See what I have to put up with? First the EW has me working overtime, and then I don’t even get chocolates!

Now that the kids are back in school, I’m hoping to be faster at replying.
party School has started again! hyper

LEX: You found Bender? Terrific! Now, kill him!
laugh

EW: Sorry, Mr. Luthor, but Bender is still missing.
Oops?

Although, Lex did have to let some lawyers go for being caught overbilling their employer and for skimming profits off the top. Their bodies are still missing.
LEX: But I can provide their heads, if need be. They’re in my study, top shelf on the right.

CLARK: Actually, funny thing, I breath better in space than next to Lois.
LOIS: Huh. I wonder if the new perfume has anything to do with. I found it in Miranda’s shop, right next to the Revenge cupboard. It came in a green flask.

BABY RAGE: Aw, Judge, let them have one last time before they die.
CLARK: How does *he* know about the curse?

CLARK: I can’t help it, your honor. My partner is just too hot!
EW: /has made a very old joke and is now worried about lack of laughter in the audience./
rotflol

CLARK: Thanks, man. See, minha, even Micheal agrees we should get married first.
LOIS: /takes it the wrong way when Clark takes it the wrong way/
Oops?

Or Christmas. It’s already October, so her birthday won’t be up again until next Sept.
Huh. You sure? Some schools of thought place her birthday in October huh
LOIS: Yes! Two days from now!

LOIS: I’d take Halloween, too!
clap The Superman-version of the Naughty Nurse costume?

ER: I’m wondering what he’d do if Lois actually kicked him out of her bed one night for such a remark.
EW: Cheat on Clark with Superman?
Convenient, isn’t it?
LOIS: What?

I did know that DNA tests should take more time than it seems to take Abby, but maybe that has something to do with backlog.
Sadly, now. More with chemical processes and such…

DA: We actually don’t fire people for stealing boyfriends, unless abduction is involved.
This *is* Metropolis and Mayson *did* at one time suggest she take Clark in/into a cabin in the woods.

ER: As opposed to the defendant swearing that he wasn’t read his rights?
EW: American justice system for ya!
[Linked Image]

You might have noticed, but I do have a tendency to do things excessively.
laugh

They were unofficially officially dating (undercover), so I doubt he would want to throw her in a dumpster during that time.
Unless he dumped her?

EW: Maybe they were cursed with Lex Luthor because they didn’t. /thinsk she’s being cute/
Cute.

LOIS: Oh, that totally makes sense.
CLARK: That actually sounds reasonable.
LEX: I think I was just insulted.
[Linked Image] He does appear to be smarter than Ralph.

EW: You do recall what happened to this [totally recalled] driverless taxi, right?
Yes. But that’s the cabbies fault. He wasn’t driving according to the road conditions.

LOIS: Okay, I respect Clark enough as a reporter to sleep with him. /holds up finger to stop you from interrupting/ That doesn’t happen all that often.
laugh
CLARK: And yet, she does appear to want to have sex with me all the time these days.

TOMORROW’S DP HEADLINE: Snell and four other inmates died in prison escape when someone fired a cruse missle into the Metropolis Jail last night…
rotflol

Although, that could be a fun aside story… /drifts into her imagination/
hyper Anotologies are all the rage now! /points at Rogue One and the planned Han Solo one/

CLARK: I don’t understand why Clark Jr doesn’t have powers and yet all our other kids do, Lois.
LOIS: Me, either, Clark, unless you once sent me an imposter-gram. /thinks this is funny/
CLARK: /doesn’t think this is funny/ You… you’d… you of all people would be able to tell us apart, wouldn’t you?
LOIS: /has now also decided that this isn’t funny. At all/
clap

Yes, ‘won’t’ because he’ll have to take longer than a moment to change because he couldn’t possibly have his tuxedo hiding in his pocket…
Yes, but still. 2 seconds to, 2 seconds there, 2 seconds back.

ER: Solicitation. Theft. Illegal entering of buildings. Marriage fraud. Assault.
EW: Lois was never arrested for Marriage Fraud and the other charges never made it to trial.
rotflol

He makes a good ‘get-away-man’.
He does. She should marry him.

ER: /hmmm/ That’s an odd place for a scar.
EW: There’s a good spot for a scar?
True. But it just was suspicious, like maybe Lex did something to her.

Thanks for the comments, Michael, and for continuing to bring me smiles and inspire me to keep writing. I promise to get to the end of this Book at some point.
smile1 And I was originally wondering if I was maybe doing too much FDK…hmm…I probably should now go hide…

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard