Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#265334 08/08/15 12:08 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
I'm just starting the "50 Shades of Grey" trilogy - and can't help but think that the general idea would work out quite nicely for LnC. And, since there are so many great and talented nfic authors around, I wanted to propose this challenge:

Write an LnC fic that involves the general theme of the "50 Shades" trilogy. Whether it's a 50 Shades of Luthor, 50 Shades of Kent, 50 Shades of El or even a 50 Shades of Lane fic is up to you. (Heck, I'd even go for a 50 Shades of Cat!) However, the people involved in the relationship should be two of the returning characters of LnC.

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
I remember asking about it with regard to Lois and Clark, but I don't remember very many people either liking the idea or thinking it was that plausible (especially with Lois in a potential "sub/switch" position). I could see it 50 Shades of Lois though. I kind of think of the unfinished nfic called "Care and Training of Concubines" as sort of 50 Shades of Kal (PSST, please come back aqnd work on it!)

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Amen. I love that fic. smile

And, yes, it's not likely for Clark as we know him, or Lois, to be in either position. But maybe a pompous High Lord Kal-El (raised on New Krypton) would fit the bill. And maybe he has had Grey-like experiences with a concubine or something.

Lex, of course, would be perfect in the role of Christian Grey as there are very many similarities in their respective characters. (As a matter of fact, when reading the first few chapters of book I, I often though that this book might have started as a LnC fanfic featuring Lex. Both men are indecently rich, orphaned, self-made men, control freaks, highly cultivated... do I need to go on?)

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
Top Banana
Top Banana
I could definitely see 50 Shades of Lex. I could also see 50 Shades of Maxwell Deter.

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Annie B.
I could definitely see 50 Shades of Lex. I could also see 50 Shades of Maxwell Deter.
I haven't read 50 Shades of Grey (nor seen the film) nor have I had any desire to. But if I were to guess, BanAnna's Nfic "Someone to Love" (easily found in the Nfic TOC folder on the first page) could easily be, IMO, a 50 Shades of Maxwell Deter.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard