Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: Lara Joelle Kent 50 Shades of... - 08/08/15 04:08 PM
I'm just starting the "50 Shades of Grey" trilogy - and can't help but think that the general idea would work out quite nicely for LnC. And, since there are so many great and talented nfic authors around, I wanted to propose this challenge:

Write an LnC fic that involves the general theme of the "50 Shades" trilogy. Whether it's a 50 Shades of Luthor, 50 Shades of Kent, 50 Shades of El or even a 50 Shades of Lane fic is up to you. (Heck, I'd even go for a 50 Shades of Cat!) However, the people involved in the relationship should be two of the returning characters of LnC.
Posted By: Christina Re: 50 Shades of... - 08/08/15 05:38 PM
I remember asking about it with regard to Lois and Clark, but I don't remember very many people either liking the idea or thinking it was that plausible (especially with Lois in a potential "sub/switch" position). I could see it 50 Shades of Lois though. I kind of think of the unfinished nfic called "Care and Training of Concubines" as sort of 50 Shades of Kal (PSST, please come back aqnd work on it!)
Posted By: Lara Joelle Kent Re: 50 Shades of... - 08/08/15 08:05 PM
Amen. I love that fic. smile

And, yes, it's not likely for Clark as we know him, or Lois, to be in either position. But maybe a pompous High Lord Kal-El (raised on New Krypton) would fit the bill. And maybe he has had Grey-like experiences with a concubine or something.

Lex, of course, would be perfect in the role of Christian Grey as there are very many similarities in their respective characters. (As a matter of fact, when reading the first few chapters of book I, I often though that this book might have started as a LnC fanfic featuring Lex. Both men are indecently rich, orphaned, self-made men, control freaks, highly cultivated... do I need to go on?)
Posted By: Annie B. Re: 50 Shades of... - 08/09/15 03:40 AM
I could definitely see 50 Shades of Lex. I could also see 50 Shades of Maxwell Deter.
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: 50 Shades of... - 08/09/15 05:44 AM
Originally Posted by Annie B.
I could definitely see 50 Shades of Lex. I could also see 50 Shades of Maxwell Deter.
I haven't read 50 Shades of Grey (nor seen the film) nor have I had any desire to. But if I were to guess, BanAnna's Nfic "Someone to Love" (easily found in the Nfic TOC folder on the first page) could easily be, IMO, a 50 Shades of Maxwell Deter.
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards