Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#26381 12/06/05 09:26 AM
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Kryptonite. Nothing else on Earth glowed like that.
Ain't that the truth... smile1

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Ah, insomnia. My fanfic friend. laugh . Only chance I get to catch up with things, these days, it seems. razz

Anyway...

Still loving this one, Susan. You're still managing to make me feel very sorry for Philip and you've captured the plight of him and his friends - who wants to go from smart to dumb - beautifully.

The confrontation between Philip and Mindy was just perfectly done, capturing her completely, and, again, I love the way your dialogue flows so naturally and easily.

But...Clark and Lois are on the case! Philip has a whole team fighting in his corner, whether he wants them or not. This is good news!

Looks like Dudley doesn't need any drugs to be one smart cookie:

“I think I can help with that.” Dudley pulled a small metal box out of his pocket, extending an antenna and adjusting a knob. “I thought we might want to keep track of him, so I slipped a small device into his wallet before he got up this morning.” A soft beep pulsed rhythmically as he smiled. “I wasn’t the electronics expert for nothing.”
Maybe there's a lesson for Philip in there, eventually. I'm holding on to hope that there's redemption for him. Although I'm not so sure after reading that last conversation between him and Mindy. He's enjoying crime waaaaaaaaaay too much. wink

Jessica Trask!! Whoa! That came out of left field. Eeek! Brilliant idea, Susan! With her in the mix, I have the feeling things are about to get even more interesting. laugh

A tingling of the emotion Phillip had once identified as guilt tugged at him, but his drug-induced apathy won the war.
Nooooooooo! Fight harder, Philip! You're a good kid really! I know you are.

He couldn’t let the drug slip away from him again. A distant voice within his head called to him, warning Phillip of his oppressive addiction. But that voice didn’t matter. Mentamide 5 was everything.

Superman’s secret was nothing.
Yikes!!

eek

dizzy

wallbash

Oh, this is so good, Susan. Quick! Where's part four!?

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh yes! Ditto LabRat! You've set up a really complex character here in Philip, Susan. He's so addicted that he'll do anything to get what he wants... he's turned completely amoral. frown

Jessica Trask and Kryptonite... Mindy's downright dangerous now!

And I think I know what's coming next. Philip wants more Mentamide 5, Mindy won't give it to him so he has to give her something else she wants... and he has the biggest secret of them all. AAAARRRRGGHHHHH!! eek

Loved the scene with Lois and Clark and the other kids too - now he knows they know his secret! Poor Clark! sad

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Susan, I mean this with as much love as I can...YOU ARE evil evil evil !!!

I really like how you are writing Philip.

I see someone getting not a few nominations for best developed character...

James.

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I see someone getting not a few nominations for best developed character...
Ooooooh. Thanks, James, hadn't thought of that. /me hurriedly adjusts her Kerth list... laugh

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Great story.. I really like the way you're developing these teen characters. It seems to flow naturally from what we knew of them back in the smart kids episode. thumbsup
More soon please.
Marcy smile thumbsup

(Elrond's blessing at the departure of the company from Rivendell)

"Farewell, and may the blessing of Elves and Men and all Free Folk go with you.
May the stars shine upon your faces!"
-Lord of the Rings, J.R.R. Tolkien
Kerth
Kerth
Thank you all for responding so positively to my story. I really appreciate your support! smile1 James and Labrat: thank you - you are too kind. blush I hope everyone enjoys the ending.
Susan

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard