Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#262503 04/15/15 01:25 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wrong Place, Wrong Time, Wrong Clark TOC can be found Here

Thank you for reading. Comments appreciated and feed my muse.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
rkn Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
You're leaving us there!!!

thanks!

rkn
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
rkn: Thank you for reading.

You're leaving us there!!!
Um... Yes. [Linked Image] Cliffhangers are how we get our readers to come back again next week. [Linked Image]

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner

Part 201

The Truth is in the Details
[…]
Part 202

Omissions
confused Were there parts omitted between pt 201 and 202?
wink

Clark had done it. He had faced his fears that Lois would reject him and told her about the other Lois… the Lois who made him Superman.

He was proud of himself.
OBI WAN: smile1 Attaboy!

So, he had fudged on some of the details… okay, a lot of the details.
They do look like Vader’s helmet does now…
[Linked Image]

Wasn’t that just as important?
LUKE: [Linked Image]

A glance to the alarm clock next to his bed informed him that his patrol had lasted into the night further than he had expected it to.
Been stuck longer in front of Lois’s apartment than he had thought? Also, fun thought, considering he checked his suit for spots.

Telling Lois that the future-her who had made him Superman wasn’t exactly her, because that her was from another dimension, he was sure would’ve been a recipe for disaster.
Provided she’d figure out the temporal grammar. Otherwise, she might get really ticked off sometime during her walk down the isle.

He could just imagine the steam coming from Lois’s ears should she learn that the other Lois was engaged to marry another him and had kissed him – this him – by mistake, setting off some kind of instinctual bonding with her, which no other woman… including his then fiancée Lana… had ever done.
LOIS: [Linked Image]
Also, rotflol

Lois was his soul mate, but he was smart enough to know better than to bring up that topic again.
Well, to be fair, she’s the wrong Lois.
LOIS: No, I’m right. He’s the wrong *Clark*!

What would her reaction be should he ever broach the subject of The Curse?
Depends whether he brings it up during the curse visiting her? peep

With his luck, the point would end up being moot.
Because he senses that he’ll soon meet Mayson and fall hopelessly in lust with her, given that she’s not cursed and a blonde?

He had lied, but then again, she had lied to him more recently.
Umm… Rule #66?

She had lied about her Luthor investigation. She had snuck behind Clark’s back, dated and became engaged to a scum of a human being without informing Clark that it was all for a story and to protect Superman or Clark, or both.
She wrote him a *note* explaining it!

and started telling lies concerning Superman.
He referring to the interview a ‘Lois Lane’ has given to LFI about Superman’s prowess in bed?

Baby steps, he told himself. Getting mad at Lois for doing the same thing he did to her was pointless.
Also, unhealthy. Particularly if she ever gets hold of some Kryptonite.

What could he do? He loved this Lois now. He couldn’t abandon her to go back to his old dimension and save that Lois as well. He
Couldn’t he live with two Loises? Wouldn’t that be fairer than leaving one Lois dead and the other without her Clark?

And what? he asked himself. Admit to her how much of jerk you really are? That was sure to win him brownie points in the ‘you just woke up your angry, soon-to-be ex-girlfriend in the middle of the night to tell her you kept something else from her’ category.
He could bring her chocolate? Or dip himself in chocolate before he wakes her up.

No more lies. Clark decided that he would tell Lois his full life story, edited for graphic content.
So, no details about how he and Lana consummated or what he thought while sleeping downstairs from the other Lois?

“What’s wrong?” he asked.

“I heard a sound,” she whispered.

“I’ll be right there,” he said,
I’m thinking he means that quite literally.

“Clark?” he heard almost silent reply, coming from her closet.
That can’t be healthy. But to be fair, he said he’d be ‘right there’ and yet, he walked over. That had to have taken *minutes*!

“I’m not crazy,” she whispered.

“Well, you do love me, so let’s not cross that diagnosis off our list just yet,” Clark replied.
Dr. DETER: Yes. She will need treatment in my bedroom. Erm…institution.

“What did it sound like?” he asked.
Like Lex using her bathroom?

“Like that?”

Her eyes opened wide and she nodded.

Clark turned to study the window next to him. The fire escape went down next to it.
Awwww! Is [Linked Image] showing up already?

“I meant some bad man,” Lois sniped, but he noticed the glimmer in her eye.
Couldn’t it also be a bad woman?

“Oh,” Clark said with some mock sadness, before leaning over the arm of the sofa towards her. “You like bad men?”
ANTON: wave

“Not for me!” she snapped. “How am I supposed to feel knowing that I won’t survive if we’re not together in the future? I want to know that the decisions I make are because I want them, not because it will save humanity.”
Would it help to know that she’s bound to die if they *are* together, too?

“So, I shouldn’t worry that you’re going to fly back to my college years and sweep co-ed me off my feet, should you screw up even more royally and I dump you?”
Ooooh! There’s several stories out there where he does sort of exactly that! hyper

“What kind of friend wouldn’t tell you?”
HG WELLS: wave

Lois patted his arm. “You need to get smarter friends.”
To be fair, most circles of friends are made up of persons with a similar intellect. /points at college fraternities/

“How about I just keep the smartest one I have?”

She smiled. “You aren’t losing me that easily, Chuck. You’re too handy to have around.”
He was talking about Jimbo.

Handy was good. Clark would take ‘handy’ for now.
But he’d like to be upgraded to ‘handsy’?

“But what if Superman needs me?” Lois asked innocently… far too innocently, in fact.
He’ll have to make an appointment and pay 1000 bucks, like every other john does.

come into my bedroom…” She moved her hands slowly up his chest to his shoulders. “— and strip for me?”
shock

Clark didn’t buy the line for a second. He crossed his arms. “This same friend who just admitted that even though she has forgiven me, she’s still ticked off at me? Who’s to say I won’t wake up to find someone bashing my brains in with a Kryptonite studded baseball bat? No thanks!” he said lightly.
She wouldn’t do that. She might use a wee bit of Kryptonite though to disable his powers, use his belt to tie him to the headboard, and then…umm…proceed to be naughty.

“I went through hell protecting your sorry butt, Chuck; I wouldn’t bash it in,” she returned.

He pointed to his head. “My brains are up here.”

She glared at him for a moment before a look of amazement crossed her face. “Huh.”
rotflol Also, did he just out himself as being form another dimension?
CLARK: I’m Kryptonian. That could also explain things.

“I better lock up before coming to bed, then.
shock He’s…he’s…he’s…*staying*? thud

She had tossed and turned for hours after he went to bed in her guest room, blissfully unaware that she had invited him to share her bed.
She really thinks he’s *that* stupid?
LOIS: No. But he’d have to be pretty not-attracted to me to not take what is offered. And I *am* more attractive than that.

What was the matter with that man? Did she really want to share her life with a man who was dense on more than just on a cellular level?
Maybe if she…went all Revenge on him?

Lois decided that she would face this dilemma head on. No more dancing around the subject.
Actually [Linked Image] might help.

An idea on how to do just that popped into her head, so she threw back the covers to put the plan into action.
She could ‘slip’ in the shower?

“Horribly,” she replied. “Do you want to move in together?”
jawdrop That’s…that’s… shock thud

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Darth Michael: I appreciate you taking time from your GoT watching to comment on my story. smile
Originally Posted by Michael
Originally Posted by WC 202
Part 201
The Truth is in the Details
[…]
Part 202
Omissions
/confused/ Were there parts omitted between pt 201 and 202?
What you didn't see that fantasy piece over yonder: 201B?
evil
Of course it refers to omissions in the Clark's version of the truth.

OBI WAN: Attaboy!
CLARK: Yeah, I studied under the tutelage of Obi Wan, why?
EW: Hmmm. I just thought of something. That might not be something to brag about.

They do look like Vader’s helmet does now…/shiny vs. charred/
You referring to the similarities of Clark's version of the truth to the reality of it? Works for me.

Wasn’t that just as important?
LUKE: /much prefers Yoda's teachings to Obi Wan's/
[Linked Image] Luke. Leia. Lois. Are we sure that Amidala only had twins? Perhaps Obi Wan dropped off a third baby at the hospital where the Lanes had just given birth.

Been stuck longer in front of Lois’s apartment than he had thought? Also, fun thought, considering he checked his suit for spots.
It's been a while since he's cleaned Lois's roof?

Provided she’d figure out the temporal grammar. Otherwise, she might get really ticked off sometime during her walk down the isle.
She's a smart cookie. She just might.

LOIS: /Clark has only seen the tip of Lois's anger/
Also, rotflol
Thanks. smile

Well, to be fair, she’s the wrong Lois.
LOIS: No, I’m right. He’s the wrong *Clark*!
clap That's true.

Depends whether he brings it up during the curse visiting her? /peep/
CLARK: So, I should wait a week after she binges on Chocolate?
/A Month Later.../
CLARK: Okay, second theory... maybe when she's more even-keeled.
/Another month passes.../
LOIS: [Linked Image]
CLARK: /holds up hands in self-defense/ I tried to tell you earlier, I just couldn't figure out the right time.

Because he senses that he’ll soon meet Mayson and fall hopelessly in lust with her, given that she’s not cursed and a blonde?
She's a good fallback candidate.
MAYSON: I think we've both just been insulted.

Umm… Rule #66?
Unfortunately, this Clark didn't get a copy of the rule book.
CLARK: There's a manual? Aw, shucks! Why didn't someone tell me?

Informing someone after the fact doesn't excuse the behavior.
CLARK: [Linked Image] It doesn't?

He referring to the interview a ‘Lois Lane’ has given to LFI about Superman’s prowess in bed?
Depends on how long he holds out informing her of other pertinent details regarding their relationship.

Also, unhealthy. Particularly if she ever gets hold of some Kryptonite.
Well, if she gets hold of Kryptonite, he'd be lucky to get away using baby steps.

Couldn’t he live with two Loises? Wouldn’t that be fairer than leaving one Lois dead and the other without her Clark?
I wrote a story where Alt-Clark had to deal with 2 Loises. Things didn't work out so well with him (at least at first). Thought I'd try a different tactic here.

He could bring her chocolate? Or dip himself in chocolate before he wakes her up.
He doesn't really care for chocolate. Plus, bringing Lois chocolate every time he screws up could have disastrous results.
LOIS: You mean, me getting wise and starting to pelt him with chocolate, because I associated chocolate with Clark lying? It could happen.

Originally Posted by ER
No more lies. Clark decided that he would tell Lois his full life story, edited for graphic content.
So, no details about how he and Lana consummated or what he thought while sleeping downstairs from the other Lois?
Yes, those would be the edits.
CLARK: And there was that night with Rachel.

I’m thinking he means that quite literally.
He does.

That can’t be healthy. But to be fair, he said he’d be ‘right there’ and yet, he walked over. That had to have taken *minutes*!
He was RIGHT there, spotted nothing wrong, so came in as Clark as so not to burst any more windows. They are getting quite expensive to replace.

LOIS: My memory is just fine. Thank you very much.

Originally Posted by ER
“What did it sound like?” he asked.
Like Lex using her bathroom?
rotflol
CLARK: How does she know what that sounds like?
LEX: Right. I am not so base as to do those things.
Lex is in jail, so not.

Awwww! Is /call me Daniel/ showing up already?
Nah. He showed up in Another Lois. I wasn't... Well, never say never, right? wink

Originally Posted by ER
“I meant some bad man,” Lois sniped, but he noticed the glimmer in her eye.
Couldn’t it also be a bad woman?
Yes, but Clark's hoping that Lois is more attractive to him acting bad than him acting as a bad woman.

ANTON: /wave/
LOIS: I plead the 5th.

CLARK: [Linked Image]
Ah, no.

Ooooh! There’s several stories out there where he does sort of exactly that! /hyper/
I agree. Good time to promote MLT's The Time Traveler's Wife, the first LnC fanfic story I ever read. notworthy I have no plans to take this Clark back to Lois's college days though. Sorry.

HG WELLS: /wave/
TEMPUS: With friends like Herb, who needs enemies?

To be fair, most circles of friends are made up of persons with a similar intellect. /points at college fraternities/
Then it doesn't explain why ditsy blondes get men of all intelligences following them, does it?
LANA: I wouldn't say that Clark and I were friends, per se. Wait, what?

Originally Posted by ER
“How about I just keep the smartest one I have?”

She smiled. “You aren’t losing me that easily, Chuck. You’re too handy to have around.”
He was talking about Jimbo.
Hence "Omissions". peep

But he’d like to be upgraded to ‘handsy’?
Baby steps.
CLARK: Isn't Handsy just Handy with an S added? [Linked Image]

He’ll have to make an appointment and pay 1000 bucks, like every other john does.
Other women would sleep with Superman for free.
LOIS: I'm not just any woman. Wait, what?

come into my bedroom…” She moved her hands slowly up his chest to his shoulders. “— and strip for me?”
Michael: /shocked that Lois has fantasies and might want to act on them/
Don't you beta for Sue?

She wouldn’t do that. She might use a wee bit of Kryptonite though to disable his powers, use his belt to tie him to the headboard, and then…umm…proceed to be naughty.
Well, Clark does tend to like bad women... er... naughty women.

Also, did he just out himself as being from another dimension?
CLARK: I’m Kryptonian. That could also explain things.
Nope. And yep.

/shock/ He’s…he’s…he’s…*staying*? /thud/
evil

LOIS: He better not be so stupid as to reject me yet ANOTHER time.

LOIS: No. But he’d have to be pretty not-attracted to me to not take what is offered. And I *am* more attractive than that.
Exactly.

Revenge doesn't work on Clark.

Actually /belly dancing/ might help.
CLARK: It couldn't hurt... much, right?
/LATER.../
CLARK: Okay. I underestimated how much her dancing for me could hurt.

She could ‘slip’ in the shower?
How would going into the... oh, you mean literally "slipping" in the shower? That would be evil. clap
LOIS: wallbash Why didn't I think of that?

/jawdrop/ That’s…that’s… /shocking!/ /thud/
Hee hee. /rubs hands with glee/ Well, we do know that Lois has a habit of jumping into plans without the...uh... planning stage.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner

I appreciate you taking time from your GoT watching to comment on my story.
blush Although, I wish that would be the reason razz

What you didn't see that fantasy piece over yonder: 201B?
[Linked Image]
.peep confused

EW: /has tricked the poor reader with fake naughtiness/
[Linked Image] Should have known that Clark would never be willing to consummate with Lois and since there’s no him and Mayson yet…

EW: Hmmm. I just thought of something. That might not be something to brag about.
laugh Because of the hermitlike abandonment of the pleasures of the flesh? Although, I believe Obi Wan did crush on one of the Clone Wars’ B-characters, maybe even had an affair.

You referring to the similarities of Clark's version of the truth to the reality of it? Works for me.
[Linked Image]

/EW has naughty idea for a spin off/ Luke. Leia. Lois. Are we sure that Amidala only had twins? Perhaps Obi Wan dropped off a third baby at the hospital where the Lanes had just given birth.
Ooooh! hyper

It's been a while since he's cleaned Lois's roof?
Yes. Let’s call it that.

CLARK: So, I should wait a week after she binges on Chocolate?
/A Month Later.../
CLARK: Okay, second theory... maybe when she's more even-keeled.
/Another month passes.../
LOIS: /royally ticked off and getting out green jewelry.
CLARK: /holds up hands in self-defense/ I tried to tell you earlier, I just couldn't figure out the right time.
rotflol

So, she won’t invite him to her shed in the woods?
MAYSON: Did I say that?

TEMPUS: [Linked Image]
HGWElls: He can read?

Quote:
Informing someone after the fact doesn't excuse the behavior.
She wrote it after the fact?

CLARK: /suddenly very worried/ It doesn't?
Maybe he could use that excuse with Lois, too, saying that she did the same thing?
[Linked Image]

Well, if she gets hold of Kryptonite, he'd be lucky to get away using baby steps.
laugh Because he’ll be incapacitated and tied to a bed?

I wrote a story where Alt-Clark had to deal with 2 Loises. Things didn't work out so well with him (at least at first). Thought I'd try a different tactic here.
That true.

ER: He could bring her chocolate? Or dip himself in chocolate before he wakes her up.
EW: He doesn't really care for chocolate.
Yes, but Lois does.

Plus, bringing Lois chocolate every time he screws up could have disastrous results.
She might kind of gain weight and wouldn’t have a Clark willing to assist in working it off again?

LOIS: You mean, me getting wise and starting to pelt him with chocolate, because I associated chocolate with Clark lying? It could happen.
Oh. Oh dear. Aversion therapy. Well, it did work with roses.

He was RIGHT there, spotted nothing wrong, so came in as Clark as so not to burst any more windows. They are getting quite expensive to replace.
laugh But Lois still basically went totally bonkers.

She sounds like she remembers something that hasn’t happened. Are you sure about her memory being fine?

CLARK: /not really. But now I’ll never even consider what she might look like in a woolen sweater, let alone, lingerie./
Oops?

Then it doesn't explain why ditsy blondes get men of all intelligences following them, does it?
LANA: I wouldn't say that Clark and I were friends, per se. Wait, what?
She does have a point there.

CLARK: Isn't Handsy just Handy with an S added? /thinks he’s found a super loophole/
Smartaleck.

Other women would sleep with Superman for free.
LOIS: I'm not just any woman. Wait, what?
laugh

Don't you beta for Sue?
[Linked Image] I just…this Lois…she seems so innocent?

So, she’s actually hoping he’s just stupid enough to not realize she’s serving Lois on a silver linen but still not stupid enough to not accept what is offered on said silver linen?

Quote:
Revenge doesn't work on Clark.
No, but her acting like she’s been when she was on it, does.

CLARK: It couldn't hurt... much, right?
/LATER.../
CLARK: Okay. I underestimated how much her dancing for me could hurt.
laugh

EW: That would be evil. /likes evil ideas/
Thanks.

LOIS: wallbash Why didn't I think of that?
Wrong author?
wink

Hee hee. /rubs hands with glee/ Well, we do know that Lois has a habit of jumping into plans without the...uh... planning stage.
clap Can you still call them plans if you just act?

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Darth Michael
EW: What you didn't see that fantasy piece over yonder: 201B? ER: /runs off to check, but comes back disappionted/
[Linked Image]

EW: /has tricked the poor reader with fake naughtiness/
ER: /of course!/ Should have known that Clark would never be willing to consummate with Lois and since there’s no him and Mayson yet…
Clark and Mayson? huh

ER: Because of the hermitlike abandonment of the pleasures of the flesh? Although, I believe Obi Wan did crush on one of the Clone Wars’ B-characters, maybe even had an affair.
That’s the one. Yeah, I had heard those rumors.

ER: So, she won’t invite him to her shed in the woods?
No. No, I don’t think she did (say that).

TEMPUS: /Would’ve if I could’ve, old man/
HGWElls: He can read?
rotflol

ER: She wrote him a *note* explaining it!
EW: Informing someone after the fact doesn't excuse the behavior.
ER: She wrote it after the fact?
She wrote it before the fact, but by the time he read it, it would’ve been after the fact.

CLARK: /suddenly very worried/ It doesn't?
ER: Maybe he could use that excuse with Lois, too, saying that she did the same thing? /excited about the resulting mayhem/
[Linked Image]

EW: Well, if she gets hold of Kryptonite, he'd be lucky to get away using baby steps.
ER: Because he’ll be incapacitated and tied to a bed?
LOIS: No comment.

ER: He could bring her chocolate? Or dip himself in chocolate before he wakes her up.
EW: He doesn't really care for chocolate.
ER: Yes, but Lois does.
CLARK: huh But I don’t. /nudges Jimbo/ Doesn’t he listen?
JIMMY: [Linked Image]

EW: Plus, bringing Lois chocolate every time he screws up could have disastrous results.
ER: She might kind of gain weight and wouldn’t have a Clark willing to assist in working it off again?
Possibly. It’s also known as an aphrodicisac (why chocolate is so popular on valentine’s day).

ER: Oh. Oh dear. Aversion therapy. Well, it did work with roses.
LEX: It did? But I thought women liked to be paid? Strange.

EW: He was RIGHT there, spotted nothing wrong, so came in as Clark as so not to burst any more windows. They are getting quite expensive to replace.
ER: But Lois still basically went totally bonkers.
CLARK: Well, she still likes me when I do completely bonkers stuff.

ER: She sounds like she remembers something that hasn’t happened. Are you sure about her memory being fine?
Lois doesn’t like hospitals, remember.

I just…this Lois…she seems so innocent?
It depends.
CLARK: It *what*?
EW: [Linked Image] Nothing.

ER: She really thinks he’s *that* stupid?
ER: So, she’s actually hoping he’s just stupid enough to not realize she’s serving Lois on a silver linen but still not stupid enough to not accept what is offered on said silver linen?
Let’s go with naïve.

ER: Maybe if she…went all Revenge on him?
EW: Revenge doesn't work on Clark.
ER: No, but her acting like she’s been when she was on it, does.
CLARK: [Linked Image] Are you insane? I’m only… well, not human, but… male. Resistance has it’s limits, man.

EW: Hee hee. /rubs hands with glee/ Well, we do know that Lois has a habit of jumping into plans without the...uh... planning stage.
ER: Can you still call them plans if you just act?
TEMPUS: No.
CLARK: Yes!
LOIS: Of course!
TEMPUS: No. [Linked Image]
CLARK: Yes! Wait, what? No? um… oh, dear.
LOIS: Don't listen to him. I know what I'm doing.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner

EW: What you didn't see that fantasy piece over yonder: 201B?
ER: /runs off to check, but comes back disappionted/
EW: /really does love her dirty little tricks played on innocent readers/
[Linked Image]

ER: So, she won’t invite him to her shed in the woods?
No. No, I don’t think she did (say that).
laugh

She wrote it before the fact, but by the time he read it, it would’ve been after the fact.
Yes, but that’s not *her* fault that he’s not checking his mail.

CLARK: /still clueless as ever/ But I don’t. /nudges Jimbo/ Doesn’t he listen?
JIMMY: /maybe Lois would like to make a man out of me. Her sister certainly enjoyed it./
laugh

EW: Plus, bringing Lois chocolate every time he screws up could have disastrous results.
EW: […] It’s also known as an aphrodicisac (why chocolate is so popular on valentine’s day).
laugh

LEX: It did? But I thought women liked to be paid? Strange.
Only the working kind.

Lois doesn’t like hospitals, remember.
Oh, duh! So, if Deter had suggested his private summer home at the Cote Azure?

ER: So, she’s actually hoping he’s just stupid enough to not realize she’s serving Lois on a silver linen but still not stupid enough to not accept what is offered on said silver linen?
EW: Let’s go with naïve.
laugh

CLARK: /feels like he’s in front of a Borg cube/ Are you insane? I’m only… well, not human, but… male. Resistance has it’s limits, man.
laugh

LOIS: Don't listen to him. I know what I'm doing.
CLARK: /not sure which response would now lead to a more reduced life expectancy of the Kryptonian race/
laugh

wave Michael

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard