Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#262920 04/29/15 04:25 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wrong Place, Wrong Time, Wrong Clark TOC can be found Here

As I didn't like how today's part sounded during my prep-review earlier this week, I rewrote / edited a large portion of it this morning. So, I apologize if there were more typos and grammatical mistakes than usual. They are all on my head. blush

Writing has been much slower than anticipated since I started my new job. Instead of writing a part a week as I used to, I'm lucky to complete a part every 2 weeks. Therefore, I'm going to start a new posting schedule. What I'll do is continue to post every Wednesday as I have been until this story arc is complete (Part 209 -- see my TOC for a list of story arcs). When I have completed it, I'll take another hiatus until I have finished writing the next story arc. Then, I'll start posting again until that story arc is complete or until I have finished the following story arc, etc. I apologize for the delays and for any confusion.

If you absolutely cannot stand the idea of another hiatus in this story, I am also opening up a third Beta position. I don't know what I'd do without John's and IolantheAlias's insights and comments (and not to mention comma & grammar corrections) and their stead-fast dedication to my insanely long story. Should you like to apply for the beta position, please PM me.

Thank you all for your patience and continued readership! notworthy Please post any comments here.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner

Egos Bruise Easily
LOIS: [Linked Image]
CLARK: [Linked Image]

He needed to tell Lois the truth… or as close to the truth as he dared to get.
Oh my. He’s going to tell her that she’s just a poor imitation of the glorious reporter he fell in love with. And her defective clone.
CLOIS: Hey!
CLARK: You weren’t hot for me on our wedding night while the real Lois would have been…
CLOIS: [Linked Image]
LOIS: And you think that’s a *bad* idea? mad
ANOTHER LOIS: Want some Kryptonite, sister?

Enough to make her understand the risks of going forward with a relationship with him, but not enough that she would leave him forever. She deserved that much.
So: ‘I can’t do a homerun with you but we can still play with third base and make you win’?

She deserved much better than him, his provisional truths, and his apparent naiveté when it came to women,
[Linked Image] : wave

but Clark was afraid that if he handled this wrongly – phrased the truth badly – he would lose her completely.
For instance: I have a wife. Had a fiancée. Hooked up with my highschool buddy. And well in love with at least one other Lois.

but he wanted to delay the inevitable for as long as possible
Couldn’t he lock her up on an isolated island fortress?

well, Clark feared she would end up with someone who would hurt her more than he could and he would be unable to intercede.
Couldn’t he hover close and intercede when the creep tries something?

Although, he still didn’t understand how Mayson had thought he had asked her out on a date.
CLARK: Mayson, would you go out to lunch with me tomorrow?

In his old dimension, Clark hadn’t been an active dater, having been in a relationship with Lana for so long
Yeah, I guess picking out basically random women who send him panties via e-mail for a complimentary dinner and some calories burning afterwards wouldn’t be called dating.

He didn’t know all the ins and outs and, shamefully, all the lingo and code words one used in dating
Like ‘want to come in for coffee’ means ‘let’s get naked’ or ‘I want to move in with you’ means ‘let’s get naked. Often.’.
CLARK: That’s confusing. Why would I want to be naked with a roommate or while sharing a coffee? Besides, I prefer fruit tea.
LOIS: razz

Actually, Lois had gone out of her way to clarify that every meal be counted as a working lunch or dinner, and not a date.
That was just for tax purposes or to be able to charge it to the expense account.
CLARK: I was?
LOIS: razz

Linda King had hinted that she wanted to be more than just colleagues too, but he had always chalked that up to her rivalry with Lois.
No, that’s because she’s easy.

Since Lois hadn’t jumped to the wrong conclusion that he had invited Mayson out on a date, Clark took it to mean that Lois had trusted enough in his love to know that he didn’t want to date anyone else.
Or it’s that she knows he’s terrible at keeping a secret and how much Mayson detests men who defy every law known to women of science.

Just having those thoughts while she sat next to him, while they were out in public, was somewhat embarrassing.
I hear that’s why the highschool boys carry their books in front of them.

Sure, sometimes, Lois died in his arms at the end of their lovemaking
laugh He really thinks he can last a day?

Sometimes, Lois rejected him completely or said something along the lines of how she wished he were more like Luthor in some way.
Like possessing a forked tongue?

When they kissed, Clark allowed himself to hold Lois, but didn’t allow his hands to wander.
Must be doing wonders for her selfesteem…
LOIS: Maybe I should not have had Clark remove the treadmill. Let’s see, the closest Fudgecastle is at…

Thankfully, she hadn’t put any pressure on him until she had invited him to share her bed by rubbing her bedspread the other night
Oh, look! He had noticed.
CLARK: [Linked Image]

The lack of her pleasure still didn’t make sense to him. She should be hovering out of her seat with excitement.
Right. He really is a naïve idiot.

“Which of our stories was nominated?”
Oh. That’s why.
CLARK: confused

Lois had her hands folded together in her lap and she was staring at her fingers as she rubbed her thumb. Her knuckles were turning white.
Don’t cha worry, dear. He’ll take you with him to the awards ceremony if you promise to kiss him afterwards.

Lois leapt onto his praise with enthusiasm. “Aren’t I? What’s the matter with the Kerth Committee this year? All my stories, even the ones we worked on together, are better than some lame, boring…”
It’s because they think she’s a bad person for trying to marry Lex. Plus, her investigation is to blame for the sudden lack in personal funding of the Kerth Committee members.

I had been eyeing a new gown for when I was nominated, but now it doesn’t matter what I wear.
Maybe something low cut, so he will get an idea about what’s on her mind for when they get back home?

“I’d much rather share the evening with you, but since you clearly don’t want to go, maybe Mayson would be inter…”
Brave. Foolish but very brave.

and worship the ground that you walk upon.”
He should have Superman ask out Lois?

“I’m sure she’ll forgive you. I always do for some reason,” Lois retorted. “And after the Kerth Committee snubbed me, I’m considering a boycott.”
Maybe someone should tell her that there’s only one submission per publication and category? So, that means Perry selected Clark’s story as the strongest prospect.
PERRY: help
LOIS: mad

“Then why did he act as if his folks had just died when I asked him about it?” he probed.
Maybe he just found out that the two people who got medically experimented on in the retirement home where Jor-El and Lara?

“Even though it wasn’t you who was singled out, Lois, it’s still an honor for the Daily Planet. We’re a team. When one of us is nominated, we all are.”
So, Lois won Ralph three Kerth Awards and a fourth one for Claude?

“No idea,” she scoffed. “Even he said that I’m twice the writer that he is and should have been nominated. Although, in all fairness, that isn’t quite accurate, being that it’s more like five times better than him, but that’s beside the point,” Lois went on.
She’s quite gracious, isn’t she?
LOIS: Why? He got x-ray vision. Super-hearing. Super-speed. And he’s years from the future. And with all those things, I still manage to beat him out on stories, so that makes me /counts with fingers/ yeah, five times better than him.

Additionally, if she didn’t like to boast, then why had she mentioned how many Kerth Awards were gathering dust on her bookshelf?
Three sounds much less boastful than ‘multiple’ or ‘several’?

“Yep, you’re minha, and I’m not sharing,” he said, squeezing her waist. “I saw you first. I’ve got dibs.”
Quite cavemen of him.
Father Carlos: Plus, I’m legally obligated to abstain.

He could feel Lois’s cheeks rise as she smiled. “I’ve got an idea, but you aren’t going to like it.”
Wear something even lower cut than the dress?

Clark looked down at his getup. Nobody in Stoke’s club was going to take him seriously. They were going to fall to the floor and laugh while holding their stomachs. He could not pull off this look.
confused Clark’s going to go in as cougar bait?

“I’m not wearing this,” he called to Lois, who was changing in her bedroom. “It’s too tight.”
Says the man wearing tights.

“Have you heard something, I haven’t?” he teased.
Umm…some extra print in there.

“Hmmm?” she repeated, her fingers moved down the front of his shirt to his leather pants. Her focus never strayed from her hand as it worked its way down from his hip.
shock

Clark said as his mind went to a horrible spot where an imaginary tabloid headline blared ‘Superman Has Fun in Leather.’
clap
[img]http://liftmeupwardrobe.files.wordp...r_bar_police_academy.jpg?w=529&h=298[/img]

“Tough men with spiky hair who wear leather and sunglasses don’t get bothered,” she explained.

Wanna bet?
laugh

Her lips were too red and her hair too big for there not to be a provocative outfit hidden underneath her coat.
Maybe a habit?

Lois slapped his hand away. “No touching the merchan…” She hesitated. “— dise… no.” She appeared to be contemplating something, before saying adamantly, “No.”
clap Did Lex just sour the idea of naughty roleplay for her?

“Buck up, Chuck. It’s only make believe,” she said, striding out into the hall.
That she looks like that?
CLARK: mecry

So, I apologize if there were more typos and grammatical mistakes than usual.
Actually...

I am also opening up a third Beta position.
Actually, if work weren't so unpredictable, I might actually... But this way, I get to still enjoy the story and make happy notes along the way hyper

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Darth Michael: Yea! Feedback! hyper
Originally Posted by ER
Originally Posted by WC 204
Egos Bruise Easily
LOIS: /whispers something to Clark/
CLARK: /feels as if she kicked him in the crotch with K-spiked heels/
That pretty much describes it... On to 205! Oh, wait. More FDK. My bad.

Oh my. He’s going to tell her that she’s just a poor imitation of the glorious reporter he fell in love with. And her defective clone.
CLOIS: Hey!
CLARK: You weren’t hot for me on our wedding night while the real Lois would have been…
CLOIS: /tries to remember that far back/
CLOIS: [Linked Image] I *did* change my mind, eventually!
LOIS: And you think that’s a *bad* idea? /mad/
CLARK: What?! It's not as if the curse would have been in effect since she's a clone, right? So, win-win. Right?

CLARK: peep

So: ‘I can’t do a homerun with you but we can still play with third base and make you win’?
CLARK: /flips through medieval manual on what constitutes "consummation"/
LOIS: You do know that foreplay wasn't invited until women stopped being considered chattel, right?

Originally Posted by ER
She deserved much better than him, his provisional truths, and his apparent naiveté when it came to women,
ER: /suggests it's time to bring in the DEA/
CLARK: And that's supposed to be an improvement?
LOIS: I'm with the lunkhead on this one.
CLARK: huh Does that mean you agree with me or not?
LOIS: [Linked Image] Jimbo! You're up! Oh, wait. You dated my sister. Never mind.
JIMBO: mecry
LOIS: I give up and moving to Gotham City. Maybe there's an honest, decent man living there.
[Linked Image]: I'm afraid not.

For instance: I have a wife. Had a fiancée. Hooked up with my highschool buddy. And well in love with at least one other Lois.
CLARK: Yes, that would be an example of "wrong".

Couldn’t he lock her up on an isolated island fortress?
Unlike Lex Luthor, Clark only wants Lois if she's willing. (i.e. Lex did too, but he kept your idea as his fall back plan.)

Couldn’t he hover close and intercede when the creep tries something?
MAYSON: She's want me to issue a restraining order against Superman? Doesn't he keep saving her life on a daily basis?
HENDERSON: I know, that's what I told her, but she said she has her reasons to risk it.

CLARK: Mayson, would you go out to lunch with me tomorrow?
CLARK: Exactly. I didn't say "on a date"! Also, lunch... not dinner.

Yeah, I guess picking out basically random women who send him panties via e-mail for a complimentary dinner and some calories burning afterwards wouldn’t be called dating.
CLARK: I didn't do that. After I met Lois, it was either her or nobody.
LOIS: I get that reaction, a lot.

Like ‘want to come in for coffee’ means ‘let’s get naked’ or ‘I want to move in with you’ means ‘let’s get naked. Often.’.
CLARK: That’s confusing. Why would I want to be naked with a roommate or while sharing a coffee? Besides, I prefer fruit tea.
LOIS: /razz/
clap Actually, this Clark isn't as big a tea drinker as canon Clark.

That was just for tax purposes or to be able to charge it to the expense account.
CLARK: I was?
LOIS: /razz/
CLARK: But I don't charge for my services.

No, that’s because she’s easy.
CLARK: Totally didn't get that vibe.
LOIS: He really is too innocent for his own good. Then, again, he did befriend Cat, so his slut-dar must be on the fritz.

Or it’s that she knows he’s terrible at keeping a secret and how much Mayson detests men who defy every law known to women of science.
Only if it means more paperwork for her.

I hear that’s why the highschool boys carry their books in front of them.
That makes sense.

He really thinks he can last a day?
You're absolutely correct. There is a possibility that Lois will survive the curse, and he'll die.

Like possessing a forked tongue?
LOIS: I really liked it when Lex did XYZ for me.
LEX: Wait. What? That's not right. I never did anything for that woman that didn't benefit me first.

Must be doing wonders for her selfesteem…
LOIS: Maybe I should not have had Clark remove the treadmill. Let’s see, the closest Fudgecastle is at…
He's still kissing her passionately.

CLARK: /Yep, I only act like a lunkhead./
LOIS: Oh, really?

Right. He really is a naïve idiot.
Or never seen Lois really happy.

Oh. That’s why.
CLARK: /confused/
He's a good guy. Of course he'd assume she was nominated.

Don’t cha worry, dear. He’ll take you with him to the awards ceremony if you promise to kiss him afterwards.
CLARK: I know! Why is she so upset?

It’s because they think she’s a bad person for trying to marry Lex. Plus, her investigation is to blame for the sudden lack in personal funding of the Kerth Committee members.
All could be possible.
LOIS: Bias, I say! They are biased against me!

Maybe something low cut, so he will get an idea about what’s on her mind for when they get back home?
LOIS: Maybe I should just something from Cat's almost-not-there collection. He needs a BIG hint.

CLARK: So... too soon for jokes?

He should have Superman ask out Lois?
Superman wasn't nominated for a Kerth Award.

Maybe someone should tell her that there’s only one submission per publication and category? So, that means Perry selected Clark’s story as the strongest prospect.
PERRY: /help/
LOIS: /mad/
PERRY: /starts shaking his finger at her/ Because of your actions, Lane, I had to call that no-good criminal billionaire my boss. AND, he replaced me with a snivel nosed frat boy. AND he blew up my baby!
LOIS: Still...

Maybe he just found out that the two people who got medically experimented on in the retirement home where Jor-El and Lara?
Oh. That's just sad.
CLARK: mecry How can you even joke about such things?

So, Lois won Ralph three Kerth Awards and a fourth one for Claude?
She won one for Claude.
LOIS: Inadvertently.
EW: But Ralph only joined the DP for less than a year. He came on after the Messenger story and left before 1994 Kerth Awards.

She’s quite gracious, isn’t she?
LOIS: Why? He got x-ray vision. Super-hearing. Super-speed. And he’s years from the future. And with all those things, I still manage to beat him out on stories, so that makes me /counts with fingers/ yeah, five times better than him.
She's just being honest.
PERRY: And tactful.
CLARK: That's tactful?
PERRY: For Lois, yes.

Three sounds much less boastful than ‘multiple’ or ‘several’?
I was going for "she couldn't help herself."

Quite cavemen of him.
Father Carlos: Plus, I’m legally obligated to abstain.
Some women like their men to playact like cavemen, sometimes.

Wear something even lower cut than the dress?
CLARK: Do we really need to catch these sound robbers?

/confused/ Clark’s going to go in as cougar bait?
LOIS: He needs to blend in.

Says the man wearing tights.
No. Superman wears tights. Clark wears suits. Big difference.

Umm…some extra print in there.
Ooops. Thanks. Fixed.

ER: /WHERE exactly is her hand going "down" from his hip?/
Down his thigh.

Originally Posted by ER
Clark said as his mind went to a horrible spot where an imaginary tabloid headline blared ‘Superman Has Fun in Leather.’
ER: /imagines scene from his favorite PA movie/
Yep. That's what Clark's afraid of.

Maybe a habit?
Doubtful, if she's going to the Stoke Club.

Originally Posted by ER
Lois slapped his hand away. “No touching the merchan…” She hesitated. “— dise… no.” She appeared to be contemplating something, before saying adamantly, “No.”
Did Lex just sour the idea of naughty roleplay for her?
No. She's debating on whether letting him see and touch would increase his desire or sate it. Perhaps the unknown, or the not-knowing, will... um... stoke his fire.

That she looks like that?
CLARK: /mecry/
Her flirting with Stoke is make believe.
CLARK: phew.

Originally Posted by ER
Originally Posted by EW
So, I apologize if there were more typos and grammatical mistakes than usual.
Actually...
The usual amount? wink

Actually, if work weren't so unpredictable, I might actually... But this way, I get to still enjoy the story and make happy notes along the way ...
Thanks, Michael, for considering it. I'm happy for FDK either way. smile I just wanted to allow anyone (possible lurkers out there) who didn't want more delays to know that there was always another route available to read my story.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner

That pretty much describes it... On to 205! Oh, wait. More FDK. My bad.
laugh

CLOIS: /tries to remember that far back/
CLOIS: /thinks she’s got a great idea/ I *did* change my mind, eventually!
clap
LOIS: And she thinks this is *helping* her cause?

CLARK: What?! It's not as if the curse would have been in effect since she's a clone, right? So, win-win. Right?
/crickets/

CLARK: /I never touched her. It wasn’t even my idea. Who is she? It’s obvious that she’s not you!/

CLARK: /flips through medieval manual on what constitutes "consummation"/
LOIS: You do know that foreplay wasn't invited until women stopped being considered chattel, right?
clap Although, there is a Loisette and Sir Charles fic on the dark archives…

CLARK: And that's supposed to be an improvement?
LOIS: I'm with the lunkhead on this one.
CLARK: /no idea what’s up with her this time. But she got Kryptonite, so I better not tick her off by saying the wrong thing./ Does that mean you agree with me or not?
LOIS: /He said the wrong thing/ Jimbo! You're up! Oh, wait. You dated my sister. Never mind.
JIMBO: /no three-way with the Lane sisters. Dagnabitt/
LOIS: I give up and moving to Gotham City. Maybe there's an honest, decent man living there.
BATMAN: /that trainwreckcauser better stay far away from my beautiful, peaceful city/ I'm afraid not.
laugh

Unlike Lex Luthor, Clark only wants Lois if she's willing. (i.e. Lex did too, but he kept your idea as his fall back plan.)
But nobody said anything about consummation. Just about not letting her go.

MAYSON: She's want me to issue a restraining order against Superman? Doesn't he keep saving her life on a daily basis?
HENDERSON: I know, that's what I told her, but she said she has her reasons to risk it.
clap That should be a fun fic!

CLARK: Exactly. I didn't say "on a date"! Also, lunch... not dinner.
He’s cute, in a doe kind of way.
TEMPUS: wave

CLARK: But I don't charge for my services.
WWWW: Which is really wrecking the market for the rest of us.

LOIS: He really is too innocent for his own good. Then, again, he did befriend Cat, so his slut-dar must be on the fritz
CLARK: confused Cat’s not a slut. She’s married. With a child on the way.

He really thinks he can last a day?
EW: You're absolutely correct. There is a possibility that Lois will survive the curse, and he'll die.
rotflol

He's still kissing her passionately.
But without hands!

CLARK: /Yep, I only act like a lunkhead./
LOIS: Oh, really?
Oops?

CLARK: I know! Why is she so upset?

LOIS: Maybe I should just something from Cat's almost-not-there collection. He needs a BIG hint.
Yes, but wouldn’t that be embarrassing when he’s standing in front of the entire audience, trying to fumble together two sentences that don’t involve Lois and her dress?

CLARK: So... too soon for jokes?

Superman wasn't nominated for a Kerth Award.
But couldn’t he have still shown up. He could have said that he’s Clark Kent’s date and since Clark couldn’t make it (held hostage by a super villain) he took Lois with him?

PERRY: /starts shaking his finger at her/ Because of your actions, Lane, I had to call that no-good criminal billionaire my boss. AND, he replaced me with a snivel nosed frat boy. AND he blew up my baby!
LOIS: Still...
laugh clap

Oh. That's just sad.
CLARK: /just got kicked where it hurts/ How can you even joke about such things?
ER: /points at muse/ She’s the evil one!

EW: But Ralph only joined the DP for less than a year. He came on after the Messenger story and left before 1994 Kerth Awards.
‘left’ [Linked Image]
LOIS: No longer showing up for work does constitute ‘leaving’, doesn’t it?

Some women like their men to playact like cavemen, sometimes.
[Linked Image] : wave

No. Superman wears tights. Clark wears suits. Big difference.
Right. Like one is lying and the other’s just not telling her things?
LOIS: Exactly.
CLARK: help

No. She's debating on whether letting him see and touch would increase his desire or sate it. Perhaps the unknown, or the not-knowing, will... um... stoke his fire.
Hoping to drive him to a breaking point?

The usual amount?
[Linked Image] And certainly much fewer than one hears on today’s television. The number of ‘I’s and ‘whom’s is staggering.

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard