#26270 12/04/05 11:22 AM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great piece. smile1

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Aw I liked the converstation toward the end. This is intersting. More soon. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Just started reading this and caught up.

Very entertaining and I like the premise.

Smart Kids was definitely a throw-a-way episode and the natural progression of the kid's lives afterwords and the non-involvement of the Kents are very realistic.

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Susan, I really liked this part!! smile

Especially:
“I need your help. I didn’t really know where else to turn.” She gave half a laugh and said, almost to herself, “Funny. There was a time when I could have thought my own way out of this problem.”

“Well, I’ve learned over the years that it’s always good to rely on your friends.” Lois put a sympathetic smile on her face.

“Yeah, sure. I relied on my friends three years ago and look what happened.”

“Hey, it all worked out in the end.” Lois observed the question in Aymee’s face. “How much do you remember from all of that?”

“We all remember things.” Aymee glanced at Clark and caught his eyes. “Secrets we probably shouldn’t know.”

Lois could almost feel the nervous energy flash through her husband. The subject of the Smart Kids hadn’t come up since Lois had learned about Clark’s other identity; clearly, something had happened between Superman and the children in their shared history. And she knew the one thing that always put him on edge.
Great moments there smile1

~NICOLE

J
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
J
I just read parts 1 and 2. And even though I never really liked the episode Smart Kids (like pretty much everyone else around here wink ) I really enjoyed this story. help

But I really liked the conversation between Lois and Clark at the end of part 2. We can see that Lois has come a great way from the distant woman she'd been three years ago, to the caring and warm woman she is now. Great job thumbsup !

Looking forward to more,

~Julia wave

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Susan

A great part! smile1

Tricia cool

Kerth
Kerth
Thank you all for reading my story! I appreciate your kind words. I hope you enjoy the turn of events in part 3. smile Susan

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Yikes! Philip and Mindy in cahoots. Not a good combination! Can't help feeling sorry for Philip, though. Poor kid's so mixed up.

The differences in Lois's attitudes, then and now, as she perceives them, were interesting.

This segment, we got more from Karen, and once again you bring her to life, with some beautiful introspection.

And I just loved the whole conversation with Clark and Lois. Everything about your writing flows so naturally - the dialogue, the introspection, the prose. It's a joy to read, Susan, and absolutely fascinating.

EDIT: LOL. Just read the other comments.

Yikes! Philip and Mindy together can't be good.
GMTA, Tricia. wink

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard