Next Thread
Print Thread
#262397 04/11/15 05:14 PM
A
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
A
party It's almost here! The 2015 Kerth Ceremony will be Saturday, April 18, 8:00pm Central Daylight Time (which is GMT -5). party

The Kerth Ceremony is held on IRC. You will need an IRC client, and there are many options.

You will need to connect to an Undernet.org server. Once you do, the Kerth Ceremony will be in the #kerthawards channel. This channel will be moderated, and only the presenter and the host will be allowed to "speak." You will also want to join the #kerthchat channel, where the fun is!

If you'd like to test out IRC before the ceremony, you can join #loisclark or #lanekent, which are the channels where FoLCs hang out. Sometimes they are quieter than others, but I will try to be in #loisclark whenever I can between now and the Kerths.

Any other questions? Don't forget to visit the other thread and volunteer to present a category!

Amber smile

Top Banana
Top Banana
Nooooooooooooooooo. It's 1AM for me.

frown

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Cool! My girls *should* be in bed by then. Hopefully I can make it in without missing anything. smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Top Banana
Top Banana
It's opening day for the play I'm in, so I won't be able to make it.

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
8pm CT. That's 6pm PST, right? Eek. Dinner time? I don't know if I can make it. It works better for me several hours earlier. That is, if I don't get called into work. That's prom night, so a busy day for last minute tux rentals. I'll try to make it, but no guarantees. frown

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
As mentioned previously, I could not log into the IRC last year. Hope to make it this year!

Last edited by Morgana; 04/12/15 07:20 AM.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
The time works well for me. My son should be in bed by then and I'll be able to stay up for at least an hour of the ceremony.

I've decided to try a web-site to access the IRC. (The program I've been using was updated and seems even more opaque than before.) Has anyone here used mibbit? If so, how did it work for you?

Joy,
Lynn

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
8 pm central is a bad time for me as well.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by KatherineKent

frown
And 2am for the rest of Europe frown But I will be looking forward to seeing the announcements when I wake up smile1

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Originally Posted by Darth Michael
Originally Posted by KatherineKent

frown
And 2am for the rest of Europe frown But I will be looking forward to seeing the announcements when I wake up smile1

wave Michael

Europe... The dark side of the force :P
Same here... I might be awake at that time (thanks insomnia), but I doubt my exhausted brain would be able to process a foreign language :-S
Nevertheless, I'm looking forward to knowing the results! smile

Go I Know Not Whither and Fetch I Know Not What
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Alas, I am already committed to another function at that time. Have a great ceremony!

LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Lynn posted:
I've decided to try a web-site to access the IRC. (The program I've been using was updated and seems even more opaque than before.) Has anyone here used mibbit? If so, how did it work for you?

I've only been on IRC a handful of times--and the last time was probably over a year ago blush --but each time I accessed through mibbit. Overall, I'd say that it worked pretty well...but I don't have anything to 'comare' it to, so my advise is pretty shady (at best grin ).

But yes, I was able to access the chat area through mibbit--and each time had a wonderful evening, overall without too many issues. I was on our iPad, running through Safari, by the way, if that information has any baring. Good luck--hope it works well for you smile.

Unfortunately, I have a wedding shower to go to on the 18th, and with that, family in town...so I probably won't be around for the ceramony. I'll definitely be thinking of you all though--and excited to learn the results hyper.

Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Kerth
Kerth
No! And here I was hoping to get back into the swing of things on the site with the Kerths...

I have to work that day. I might get off in time to catch the end, or maybe I can by some miracle switch my schedule around, we'll have to see... *fingers crossed*

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Hi Laura,

Thanks for the info. Unless I hear from someone who has had a horrible experience with it, I think I'll use it on Saturday.

Joy,
Lynn

A
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
A
It's almost time! Come on over and join us in #kerthawards and #kerthchat on Undernet!

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard