Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: amberlea 2015 Kerth Ceremony Details - 04/11/15 09:14 PM
party It's almost here! The 2015 Kerth Ceremony will be Saturday, April 18, 8:00pm Central Daylight Time (which is GMT -5). party

The Kerth Ceremony is held on IRC. You will need an IRC client, and there are many options.

You will need to connect to an Undernet.org server. Once you do, the Kerth Ceremony will be in the #kerthawards channel. This channel will be moderated, and only the presenter and the host will be allowed to "speak." You will also want to join the #kerthchat channel, where the fun is!

If you'd like to test out IRC before the ceremony, you can join #loisclark or #lanekent, which are the channels where FoLCs hang out. Sometimes they are quieter than others, but I will try to be in #loisclark whenever I can between now and the Kerths.

Any other questions? Don't forget to visit the other thread and volunteer to present a category!

Amber smile
Posted By: KatherineKent Re: 2015 Kerth Ceremony Details - 04/11/15 09:27 PM
Nooooooooooooooooo. It's 1AM for me.

frown
Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: 2015 Kerth Ceremony Details - 04/12/15 03:19 AM
Cool! My girls *should* be in bed by then. Hopefully I can make it in without missing anything. smile
Posted By: Annie B. Re: 2015 Kerth Ceremony Details - 04/12/15 03:38 AM
It's opening day for the play I'm in, so I won't be able to make it.
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: 2015 Kerth Ceremony Details - 04/12/15 05:03 AM
8pm CT. That's 6pm PST, right? Eek. Dinner time? I don't know if I can make it. It works better for me several hours earlier. That is, if I don't get called into work. That's prom night, so a busy day for last minute tux rentals. I'll try to make it, but no guarantees. frown
Posted By: Morgana Re: 2015 Kerth Ceremony Details - 04/12/15 11:20 AM
As mentioned previously, I could not log into the IRC last year. Hope to make it this year!
Posted By: Lynn S. M. Re: 2015 Kerth Ceremony Details - 04/12/15 11:46 AM
The time works well for me. My son should be in bed by then and I'll be able to stay up for at least an hour of the ceremony.

I've decided to try a web-site to access the IRC. (The program I've been using was updated and seems even more opaque than before.) Has anyone here used mibbit? If so, how did it work for you?

Joy,
Lynn
Posted By: KenJ Re: 2015 Kerth Ceremony Details - 04/12/15 11:47 AM
8 pm central is a bad time for me as well.
Posted By: Darth Michael Re: 2015 Kerth Ceremony Details - 04/12/15 12:53 PM
Originally Posted by KatherineKent

frown
And 2am for the rest of Europe frown But I will be looking forward to seeing the announcements when I wake up smile1

wave Michael
Posted By: HiddenMoon Re: 2015 Kerth Ceremony Details - 04/12/15 07:43 PM
Originally Posted by Darth Michael
Originally Posted by KatherineKent

frown
And 2am for the rest of Europe frown But I will be looking forward to seeing the announcements when I wake up smile1

wave Michael

Europe... The dark side of the force :P
Same here... I might be awake at that time (thanks insomnia), but I doubt my exhausted brain would be able to process a foreign language :-S
Nevertheless, I'm looking forward to knowing the results! smile
Posted By: IolantheAlias Re: 2015 Kerth Ceremony Details - 04/16/15 02:41 AM
Alas, I am already committed to another function at that time. Have a great ceremony!
Posted By: LMA Re: 2015 Kerth Ceremony Details - 04/16/15 03:23 AM
Lynn posted:
I've decided to try a web-site to access the IRC. (The program I've been using was updated and seems even more opaque than before.) Has anyone here used mibbit? If so, how did it work for you?

I've only been on IRC a handful of times--and the last time was probably over a year ago blush --but each time I accessed through mibbit. Overall, I'd say that it worked pretty well...but I don't have anything to 'comare' it to, so my advise is pretty shady (at best grin ).

But yes, I was able to access the chat area through mibbit--and each time had a wonderful evening, overall without too many issues. I was on our iPad, running through Safari, by the way, if that information has any baring. Good luck--hope it works well for you smile.

Unfortunately, I have a wedding shower to go to on the 18th, and with that, family in town...so I probably won't be around for the ceramony. I'll definitely be thinking of you all though--and excited to learn the results hyper.

Laura
Posted By: Mouserocks Re: 2015 Kerth Ceremony Details - 04/16/15 08:54 AM
No! And here I was hoping to get back into the swing of things on the site with the Kerths...

I have to work that day. I might get off in time to catch the end, or maybe I can by some miracle switch my schedule around, we'll have to see... *fingers crossed*
Posted By: Lynn S. M. Re: 2015 Kerth Ceremony Details - 04/16/15 10:56 AM
Hi Laura,

Thanks for the info. Unless I hear from someone who has had a horrible experience with it, I think I'll use it on Saturday.

Joy,
Lynn
Posted By: amberlea Re: 2015 Kerth Ceremony Details - 04/19/15 12:53 AM
It's almost time! Come on over and join us in #kerthawards and #kerthchat on Undernet!
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards