Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#26160 12/03/05 12:19 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
I really enjoyed that. Lois' rants even made me laugh out loud a couple of times. Clark's introspection and Lois' dialogue rang true to me. I liked the references to the Pheremone spray and grinned at Clark's need to take laps in the Arctic over the memory of Lois' dance. And of course we have the revelation.

I take it that's just part one of a multi-chapter fic, right? Glad you've decided to post! I look forward to seeing what happens when Mad Dog Lane springs back into consciousness. wink

Chris
"Superman is a guy who's seen wonders we'll never see and Lois is to him, one of those wonders."
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Ha! That was a wonderful first fic, Marcy! So funny! What a revelation story! Ah, Clark, you should never wear white shirts. If Lois is the only one who's ever spotted your Superman suit through your white shirt, you really are lucky! And I side with Incognito here - when do we get the sequel?

Ann

Top Banana
Top Banana
What the others said. smile

I really enjoyed reading this because of the breathless sound of Lois's innner babble. smile And also because of some wonderful phrases, like
the pieces slammed together like a car wreck at an intersection.
You've got Perry dead on too.

You're off to a great start. clap

c

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wow, really good for a first timer<g> I hope you post more. make the sections a little longer too! Laura wink

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
Welcome Marcy! Great first fic. I'm really enjoying it.

Jackie

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
Kerth
Kerth
I always wondered about those white dress shirts! It's always good to see new writers. smile Susan

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
kb Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
That’s a really great fic smile smile1

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Welcome, Kent28! This is very cute - and, as Carol said, you've got the characterisations spot on. Lois's babble, insistent demands and relationship with Clark is just right. thumbsup

And I loved the revelation. But... what next? What's she going to say to him? Is he going to escape unscathed? I think you need to get back here and post some more. wildguy wildguy

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
blush
Thanks so much everyone for the feedback. I was really relieved that someone else actually laughed at some of the scenes too, since my humor is sometimes a little different. Well, I have no clue what I am doing but I will try to post more as I get it written. It may be a little while, since I can be slow going and with the holidays approaching. The only time I can ever seem to get online or on the computer usually is when everyone else is asleep around here. During the day I am just too busy. smile So please be patient with me. And I am definitely open to constructive criticism. Well, thanks.
Marcy

(Elrond's blessing at the departure of the company from Rivendell)

"Farewell, and may the blessing of Elves and Men and all Free Folk go with you.
May the stars shine upon your faces!"
-Lord of the Rings, J.R.R. Tolkien
Top Banana
Top Banana
Okay, girly...let me get this straight. This is your first time posting and it was fabulous and then you tell us that you may be a little slow posting. Well, that is a major NO-NO! You cannot get fans hooked then say that you may be a little slow posting. Hurry up. Get back here! evil

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Interesting start. thumbsup

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Wow!! Nice first. I loved the fainting part...hehe.

Thanks, Judy
Merriwether
Merriwether
Welcome, Kent28! This is very cute - and, as Carol said, you've got the characterisations spot on. Lois's babble, insistent demands and relationship with Clark is just right.

And I loved the revelation. But... what next? What's she going to say to him? Is he going to escape unscathed? I think you need to get back here and post some more.

Wendy
I can't say it better!

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I've decided insomnia is a wonderful thing. <g> You get to catch up with so much you've been trying to read.

What a wonderful debut, Marcy! You've captured the characters so perfectly, I can hear them clearly in my head. Like others, I just adored the Lois babble and you have a lovely, amusing way of phrasing things throughout that made me clap clap

Off to catch up with part two! This is so much fun. Thanks for sharing.

Aren't we just the luckiest fandom to still have so much great, new talent after the show's been off air for so long? notworthy

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Welcome Marcy!

I really love this! What a way to debut, seriously! Ditto what everyone's already said. AWESOME revelation and characterization! thumbsup

Okay, have to comment on this, I especially loved it:
And to make things even more difficult for him, it seemed his libido had no sense of proper timing as memories of Lois' dance of the seven veils would spring to mind at odd occasions, most uncomfortably when she went into full Lane rant mode.
blush That is so cute and sweet!!!

I think I see a part 2 posted!! AH! Off to check it out!

~NICOLE smile

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard