Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. grumble This is start of a long journey.

thumbsup At least was not Luthor's lab.

So Dr Leek and I believe that the person who did this to Ms Lane must have somehow produced an antibody to target the myelin in the nervous system - so we’re obviously looking at someone with advanced chemistry training or very good contacts with a medical or laboratory facility.”
:rolleyes: It can be hard to find someone with a lot of titles.

He picked up a hospital gown and handed it to her. “And then I’ll come back and set up the IV. We’ll need to admit you and keep you at least overnight to observe your progress. But I think you’re going to be fine.”
eek I'm in shock!

He’d also said something else. He’d warned Clark to keep a close eye on Lois, that having failed once someone as determined as that would try again.

In that second, he’d felt as if he’d stepped into a shower of iced water. He’d thought it was all over, that Lois was going to be fine. But of course the bastard would try again!
eek That guy is not going to stop.

Actually, when it came down to it, the choice was simple. There was a saying he’d heard during his travels.

To the world you might be one person, but to one person you might be the world.

And that was it. Whatever way he looked at it, Lois was his world. And if it came down to a choice between saving the rest of the world or saving Lois... There was no choice.
Beautiful! thumbsup

Cradling her hand in both of his, Clark sat, happy just to watch her sleep. They had all the time in the world for other things.
Get back here! hyper

More ASAP, please.

MAF hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Wendy -

What does it say that we get one of the most hopeful parts of the story and everyone's convinced that there's more angst on the way? I had this awful feeling while reading this that you weren't done torturing us, and clearly I wasn't the only one! You do it so well, though - please don't ever stop!

This story continues to be at the top of my list every time I check the boards - the tension and emotion that you evoke is absolutely amazing. I feel like I'm riding along with L&C on this harrowing day. Please keep the posts coming! Maybe once a day until the story's finished? Please? grovel grovel grovel

shells

You must be the change you wish to see in the world.

- Mahatma Gandhi
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Yep!!!

Wendy's not done torturing us!! I'm waiting for the other two shoes to drop!!!

Great part, Wendy!!!

Will you prove us wrong?

Here's hoping that you do!!!!

Missy [Linked Image]

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Not that I don't trust you, Wendy, cause I do. Really, I do. Absolutely. Kinda. I think. But I will admit that this worries me:
He’d also said something else. He’d warned Clark to keep a close eye on Lois, that having failed once someone as determined as that would try again.

In that second, he’d felt as if he’d stepped into a shower of iced water. He’d thought it was all over, that Lois was going to be fine. But of course the bastard would try again!
Iced water, that's a good description... cause I got the same feeling, Clark! I'm glad Lois is okay (for now), but I'm wondering what you have up your sleeve, W. But right now, I'm going to hope she gets better and that the next 10 or so posts are devoted to them declaring their love, planning a wedding, buying a white picket fence and figuring out what to name their 2.5 children. love

Great installment - can't wait for the next part!

Tracey smile

T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
It's called a masking agent. Our scienticfically, and medically adept wannbe killer would know that Lois would have the best of medical help. So, in order for them NOT to find the real agent of Lois' impending demise he also administers a masking agent which gives the doctors something to grasp onto and to treat, thinking they have stumbled upon the real problem.

Of course, by the time they realize the error of their ways... it will be too late.

Alas, poor Lois, we knew her well.

Tank (who is only extrapolating from his knowledge that Wendy is indeed quite evil when it comes to fanfiction)

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Lois was going to be okay.
Fat chance, buddy. This is only part 12 of at least 21. Can't you read?

Guillain-Barré syndrome
Let me guess, Jill strikes again? smile

Was she still going to die anyway?
Hard to say. Wendy may just pick this as her day to kill her off and shock the readers.

Putting things off sometimes meant you never got to do them at all.
Stop procrastinating and out with it!

To the world you might be one person, but to one person you might be the world.
Always have liked that quote.

Nice part! For once I wasn't gripped by anguish throughout and left hanging desperately at the end. For this, my constitution thanks you.

I am still not sure you aren't going to kill her off just to freak me out. razz

**~~**

Swoosh --->
Merriwether
Merriwether
I'm being very impatient.

Please torture me some more!

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I don't know. I give you a bit of hope. I give you what several people assured me on IRC is actually a WAFFy section... and still you're not satisfied. I mean, look at this:

I have a HUGE feeling of dread here.
was only left with a terrible feeling of dread while reading this part.
Omigod, something happened while he was away, didn't it? Omigod. You're... you're... heartless. /me suddenly feels that dread Karen was talking about...
I had a feeling of dread while reading the whole section. I'm sure that something bad is still on its way.
All this apparent false hope! It's torture!
There's still a minefield of torture down the road. I can feel it.
You truly are evil, aren't you? I just *know* all is not OK...

I read this whole part going *she's gonna break the toys again.....*
"Ohmygoodness. When does the other shoe drop?"
I don't buy it for a second!
I had this awful feeling while reading this that you weren't done torturing us, and clearly I wasn't the only one!
Not that I don't trust you, Wendy, cause I do. Really, I do. Absolutely. Kinda. I think. But I will admit that this worries me
I am still not sure you aren't going to kill her off just to freak me out.
It's called a masking agent. Our scienticfically, and medically adept wannbe killer would know that Lois would have the best of medical help. So, in order for them NOT to find the real agent of Lois' impending demise he also administers a masking agent which gives the doctors something to grasp onto and to treat, thinking they have stumbled upon the real problem.

Of course, by the time they realize the error of their ways... it will be too late.
Does nobody trust me? goofy

Thank you so much, Nicole, for commenting on one particular line:
great moments here (Clark's musing on choices, and Lois being his world
The credit for that is entirely David's. When BRing an earlier section, he mentioned the saying about 'to one person, you may be the whole world'. I'd never heard it before and I loved it. So I had to work it into a later section. David... goofy

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Completely agree with other posts. I know there is more angst coming, so I'm not breaking out the champagne quite yet. However, it is on ice. So post the next parts soon! goofy

The feeling of dread about this latest development is not all that surprising. I don't think you would let our favorite characters off that easy. Note that "easy" is a relative term.

Loved this section. The thoughts that Lois has:
If she wanted things out of life, she had to fight for them. Not dream and sigh and hope that some day they would come along. If she wanted to explore the world’s most beautiful places, she had to get off her butt and do it.

If she wanted a special man to share her life with... she had to stop ignoring the best thing that had ever happened to her. She had to take a leap of faith and grasp what - or rather, who - was right under her nose and had been all along.
That is such a great sentiment. Not only in the story, but for people in general.

Eagerly awaiting more posts.

-Em

"But my experience is that as soon as people are old enough to know better, they don't know anything at all."

-Oscar Wilde, "Lady Windermere's Fan"
T
Blogger
Blogger
T
ok so I know that this is an old story and an old thread and all but wow. Talk about a TOTAL sucker punch. This story has been totally awesome. a complete nailbiter. and I almost kicked myself once you revealed what the syndrome was. My grandfather had it. and I can say flat out that it really can manifest in less than 24 hours. I should have caught it. Good story!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard