Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#259185 11/05/14 10:00 PM
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Don't know if it's been done yet, but the Kents are Amish...GO!

Jayne Cobb: Shepherd Book once said to me, "If you can't do something smart, do something RIGHT!
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
I think I remember hearing about an Elseworld (I think it's called "The Nail") that kind of has that as an underpinning precept. The Kent's truck get's stopped by a nail, preventing them from finding Clark's ship. Instead, an Amish family takes him in. As a result, the JLA does not have Superman as part of their founding members. I'd recommend reading it or at least trying to get ahold of "Another Nail" which has Clark join the world as Superman after being found by Lois.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Christina
I think I remember hearing about an Elseworld (I think it's called "The Nail") that kind of has that as an underpinning precept. The Kent's truck get's stopped by a nail, preventing them from finding Clark's ship. Instead, an Amish family takes him in. As a result, the JLA does not have Superman as part of their founding members. I'd recommend reading it or at least trying to get ahold of "Another Nail" which has Clark join the world as Superman after being found by Lois.
Those stories sound interesting, Christina. Sadly, they aren't on our Archives under those titles. frown

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Originally Posted by VirginiaR
Those stories sound interesting, Christina. Sadly, they aren't on our Archives under those titles. frown

They are real DC Elseworlds, not fancfics. Sorry.

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Those stories sound interesting, Christina. Sadly, they aren't on our Archives under those titles

Exactly that! I want a fanfic, preferrably humor, but I can see one where our Perry hears these fantastic rumors about an amazingly strong farm boy and sends a junior reporter(Lois Lane) to go investigate it. GO!! Go write it now! You know who you are!

TEEEEEEJ

Jayne Cobb: Shepherd Book once said to me, "If you can't do something smart, do something RIGHT!
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by shimauma
Exactly that! I want a fanfic, preferrably humor, but I can see one where our Perry hears these fantastic rumors about an amazingly strong farm boy and sends a junior reporter(Lois Lane) to go investigate it. GO!! Go write it now! You know who you are!
Yes, I agree. Not all of us have access to the classics. wink I'd love to see one of our writers' take on this idea.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hmmm, how would Clark survive under these conditions?

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Morgana #259229 11/08/14 02:52 PM
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Originally Posted by Morgana
Hmmm, how would Clark survive under these conditions?
I reckon he'd be the best/fastest dang barn builder in all of Kansas... and churning butter like a BOSS!

TEEEEEJ

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I was not aware of an Amish community in Kansas. I thought that they were pretty well limited to the Lancaster, Pennsylvania area and somewhere in Ohio.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
R
RJS Offline
Blogger
Blogger
R
There are Amish and Mennonite communities all over the country. Yoder, Kansas, south of Hutchinson, is the center for all the Amish communities around it.

C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
It's my understanding that as men get their own families, they're given a part of land. As Lancaster, PA, Ohio and even Illinois are rather tight when it comes to the amount of available land (that's relatively inexpensive), groups of Amish and Mennonites purchase swaths of land to the west. It might not be be easy to get around the limitations of travel to do it, but that's where the "English" come in. Oftentimes it's not frowned down to hire an outsider if it has a specific purpose (like moving to another locale) to assist them.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard