Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
C
Comments?

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Hi chickberry,

Is there a TOC for this story? I need to refamiliarize myself with what's going on.

One thing I never understood (in canon, too), is how Lois could watch Clark stop the clone without following up on what she saw. Ordinary man stops Superman?! Hint, hint, Lois. Especially when she finds out later that the clone is a clone.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Chickberry, you forgot to include the TOC link. I'm including it so everyone can refresh their minds on your terrific story.

I love this story. It has everything one needs. A great A-Plot, which keeps you suspense, and an ever-building B-plot romance. clap I'm so glad you've found some time in your RL to start posting it again. hyper Congratulations on the birth of your son and good luck with your interview!

It's great to see that seen from Vatman with Lois and Clark having dinner, instead of him zipping off to follow the clone.

Without touching, Clark briefly examined her outstretched arms before being drawn to her exposed neck. His eyes lingered on her soft, delicate skin, as his hands longed to reach out and touch it. His mind became clouded as he briefly forgot about Lois's initial reasons for granting him such an alluring view. Clark reached for her hands and gently held them as he turned her palms over to get a better look. He then slowly ran his hands up her arms to her neck, caressing both sides to validate her statement that she was indeed unharmed.
How sensuous.

“Lois, I know I can’t make up for years of not having a caring family, but I would really like it if you would come back to Smallville with me once we get some free time.”
Now, that sounds like a date!

“If I show it to you, it makes you privy to some information that could be… dangerous. I don’t want to put you in any danger.”

Lois could tell that although Clark thought that what he was saying might be true, it wasn’t the whole story and she didn’t understand his need to be so secretive. His parents had died almost thirty years before. What danger could there be? “You’re not making much sense. Are the people who killed your parents looking for you?” she probed.

“No, not that I know of.”

“Then what danger is there?”
Only the danger is to both of their hearts.

Therefore, Clark was caught off guard when a right hook connected with his jaw and sent him flying off the building and into the street below.
That's gotta hurt. What's going to happen next?

I love the slow build up to the tension.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Top Banana
Top Banana
I updated the TOC and replied to it to bump it back up to the top since you are posting the story again. I have to get to reading it now.

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Yes, the story is back. I liked the continuation of the date with Lois and Clark. I thought Lois explaining about her past was very moving. I am glad that Clark has committed himself to telling Lois that he is Superman. Although I understand his delay, I think he should realize that Lois will be mad.

Lois apparently not taking notice of Clark being able to stop the Superman imposter was one oddity that this retelling left. Even odder is Lois says she recognizes Superman's kiss, so why does she not recognize Clark's kiss as the same? Although that might be because the kiss shows a certain attitude towards women and two men having that attitude does not prove they are the same, although a man not showing it at all shows difference.

Last edited by John Lambert; 07/19/14 12:45 AM.

John Pack Lambert
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by John Lambert
Even odder is Lois says she recognizes Superman's kiss, so why does she not recognize Clark's kiss as the same? Although that might be because the kiss shows a certain attitude towards women and two men having that attitude does not prove they are the same, although a man not showing it at all shows difference.
Doesn't Lois say in canon Vatman "I've kissed Superman and *that* wasn't him"? Or something to that effect?

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
C
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
C
Mike M: Thanks for bumping the TOC. I forgot.

DebbieG:
One thing I never understood (in canon, too), is how Lois could watch Clark stop the clone without following up on what she saw. Ordinary man stops Superman?! Hint, hint, Lois. Especially when she finds out later that the clone is a clone.

I agree that it didn't make sense for her to not follow up, but I couldn't find a way to fit in the story her addressing it right now so I left it as canon did. Sorry huh
If Clark hadn't been Superman, the clone would have just snapped his arm in half. Lois should have realized that and said something more than just you're out of your mind for challenging him.

John: Thanks for reading.
I thought Lois explaining about her past was very moving.

I thought the show didn't do enough to explain this part of her past and how it contributed to who she was at that point in her career. There's only a few lines, but for Lois to leave home and become completely career oriented she had to have hit her breaking point with the family situation.

Even odder is Lois says she recognizes Superman's kiss, so why does she not recognize Clark's kiss as the same?
I always thought that as Superman, Clark held back when he kissed her so she wouldn't necessarily have noticed. Also I would hope for Clark's sake that either way he's dressed, she not be thinking of someone else when kissing him. In the scene she's thinking of Superman while kissing who she thought was Superman, so it makes sense to why she would have compared them but it's not as if she's would have thought to compared it to Clark or Claude or anyone else in her past.

Virginia:

Check your email wink

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by chickberry
Virginia:

Check your email wink
I love email! [Linked Image]

VirginiaR.
---
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
The plot thickens. Will this Superman clone spill the beans about Clark?

The dinner between Lois and Clark was very romantic, it gave us a chance to see these two people in a more relaxed setting.

So glad this story is continuing, will patiently await the nest installment.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Wow, great part, glad to see you back even if we have to be patient for the next parts. I didn't think it was so long since the last ones.
Congratulations on your son, I'm sure he keeps you pretty busy! And finger-crossed for your interview!

I always loved this scene where Clark dares to confront the clone at Lois apartment even if it is crazy and should question Lois about the surprising capacity of Clark at stopping Superman.
The dinner was nice, and some of it remind me of their first date in canon. I am intrigued and eager to see how Clark will reveal he is Superman to Lois, and how she will react when Clark shows her his 'family tape'/the Globe.

Waiting (im)patiently for the next part! ;-)

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Chapter 11 was a great part and I caught right up. Yes, congrats on your son. They grow up fast. Mine turns 47 next Sunday. It's still hard to believe. My mother and my son had the same birthday until she passed in 2008. That was always a special time for the two of them and they enjoyed it.
Eager for the next chapter.
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
C
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
C
Whoo hoo, more feedback smile

Morgana: Thanks for continuing to read.
The dinner between Lois and Clark was very romantic, it gave us a chance to see these two people in a more relaxed setting.
I thought it was fitting that Lois made dinner for Superman after all even though she didn't know it. Plus, it continued the theme of them having dinner together while working on the story.

Annalina19:
The dinner was nice, and some of it remind me of their first date in canon.
I did try to weave some of the conversation from their first date in to this scene so that anyone who knows cannon, which I assumed was almost everyone here, would see it as an official date.

Artemis: It is crazy how fast it goes. My oldest turns 4 this month and is going in to pre-school. I ask myself how is it that he's already going to school?
My mother and my son had the same birthday until she passed in 2008. That was always a special time for the two of them and they enjoyed it.
How sweet. My sister and mother-in-law share the same birthday just 40 years apart. Every year on their birthday all the women go to Benihanna's for girls night out.

Thanks everyone for the congrats on the baby. He's doing great. He started sleeping through the night at 5 weeks all on his own. The only difficult part is that he rarely takes a bottle and as a working mom, I end up doing a lot of driving back and forth to feed him. I can't wait to start him on real food so dad can feed him while I'm at work.

The next chapter will be posted shortly.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard