Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Missing Lois - TOC

A small taste of Part 9:
Clark stood on the roof, the air around him suddenly cold. He had done the right thing, but it felt so wrong. He could hear her sobs as she ran down the stairs. He couldn’t leave things like this. Flying down another way, he met her at the bottom of the stairwell. She was breathing hard from running and crying. She beat her fists against his chest as he embraced her. She set her head against his shoulder and cried.

The music changed again and Clark looked at Lois. It’s Now Or Never, Elvis sang. He tilted her chin up and closed his eyes, kissing her like everything inside him told him he should. Fireworks exploded in his nerve endings.
I would like to thank my Beta Readers who have stood by me despite all of my craziness. Thank you so much for all of your help and encouragement. clap

Please post comments below.

Last edited by VirginiaR; 12/05/14 02:29 PM. Reason: Fixed broken Links

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
How funny that this world doesn't know Ultra-woman. smile Love the thought of Perry in Elvis gear.

What's going on with Lois? Why is she making moves on Alt-Clark?

Joan

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
whinging Poor Lois! I don't want to imagine what she must be feeling, constantly with a man who looks just like (and pretty much is) her husband but isn't her husband. On top of that, she's pregnant which makes a woman ridiculously emotional anyway. mecry It's no wonder she's putting the moves on Alt-Clark. Hopefully, she'll come to her senses before it's too late.

~Mel~
Top Banana
Top Banana
“Are you wearing your Wonder Woman costume under there somewhere?”

Superman swatted her hand away, playfully and gasped. “Did Kal tell you about us, Ultra Woman? That was supposed to be a secret.”
hyper

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Clark glanced across the room at their friendly-neighborhood hacker, kidnapper extraordinaire and lowered his voice.
razz

She’d have to ask her Clark someday where he kept his wallet in that tight blue suit. “Where will you keep the coins?”
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Joan: There's something wrong with Lois? wink

Mel: cool

MozartMaid: I'm glad you like that Wonder Woman joke. smile1

Michael: I thought it was canon that Lois hated the UW suit. No? I know she hated the mask.

In two months or so... "Look Mommy! A flying balloon!" "Huh, Petey, it's not nice pointing at Superman's girlfriend"
What? No sense of control?

How did Clark know about the costume? And get the pattern? Since it looked like it was a last minute surprise for Lois.
Lois brought a bunch of loose photos with her from canon dimension. In one was a photo or UW and SM. Clark just showed photo to the tailor he knew and gave the man a suit of Lois's...

So, which came first? Perry's love for Elvis or his surrogate daughter?
Perry known and loved Elvis's music longer.

On the second read, 'her' is Cat, right?
Yep.

Oh dear. Kryptonite?
Nope. Crowd. Pregnancy. Turned around a bit too much.

That can't be good.... That's not good.
All depends on your point of view. devil

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I thought it was canon that Lois hated the UW suit. No? I know she hated the mask.
She did? /mutters about the way to long time since having really watched it/

What? No sense of control?
Lois? Since when does she...?

Lois brought a bunch of loose photos with her from canon dimension. In one was a photo or UW and SM.
Aaaaah... Did you mention that in the list of photos back in Chapter 1? Either way, a short throwaway thought by Clark might be helpful to us when it goes to the archive smile

Yep.
Maybe put her name in? Makes it easier to read smile

All depends on your point of view.
Huh. I'm not as easy to convince as Luuke (sic) was.

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Lois took another look at herself in the mirror. She felt ridiculous. She had hated the costume back when it was necessary to be Metropolis’s superhero, but to wear it to a party? A deep lavender body suit with a pink belt and yellow stripes up the thigh. Lavender boots, mask, and cuffs and a turquoise cape. One could not be modest in this outfit. The belt hit her belly in just the right spot, hiding the extra baby bulge. Stepping into the hall, she sighed.
[Linked Image] a costume party!! she's dressed as Ultrawoman!!

“Shall we get a drink?” Clark asked and it felt like her feet slammed to the ground. Had they been floating? Or had she just been imagining it?
ejem... losing control, are they?

“You are Clark Kent’s date, are you not?” Cat asked.
“I’m here with Superman,” Lois corrected, hoping that Cat didn’t recognize her.
“The real one?”
she's a gossip reporter, for God's sake! she is an expert in recognizing people in a costume!

As they swayed to the music, she whispered, “Surrender.” She placed her lips to his, but he turned away. Tears blinded her as she pushed him aside. The pain of his rejection swallowed her. These feelings for him were overpowering her; she could no longer control them or deny them. Opening the door to the stairswell, she disappeared.
OH DEAR..... I can see their faces, feel their emotions... although that doesn't mean I like them.

And, BTW I have heard all your playlist cool those are great songs!

Clark: "So what are you saying? I should go crawling back on my hands and knees?"
Martha: "No, honey. Fly back. It's faster!!"
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
chelo: I love this part! angel-devil Thank you for your comments.

a costume party!! she's dressed as Ultrawoman!!
Yes, I'm that bad. [Linked Image]

ejem... losing control, are they?
Lois and alt-Clark? Never! /please note sarcasm/

she's a gossip reporter, for God's sake! she is an expert in recognizing people in a costume!
lol CAT: Why, thank you.

OH DEAR..... I can see their faces, feel their emotions... although that doesn't mean I like them.
peep

And, BTW I have heard all your playlist cool those are great songs!
Thanks. It was such *hard* research. wink

VirginiaR.
---

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard