Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Read the entire story and loved it. Although I do love the "thing" going on between Emily and Nathan it seems to copy-cat to the real LnC if you were to further the relationship. If you were to make a sequal I probably would read it (guilty as charged), but it may be too difficult to keep it going without seeming the same as Lois and Clark, but different names.

I think I've blabbered on too much, hope you understand what I mean.

Excellent next-generartion story!

Thanks, Judy
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Replying again as several people added their comments after I'd already responded.

I'm glad you thought the Russian/Nathan thing was okay with the next part happening soon after it. That was my thought, originally, that as it wouldn't be split on the archive it wouldn't matter. I think I'll leave that bit as it is, since most people seemed to think it worked.

lovin_my_lnc, I'm curious what elements of Emily and Nathan's relationship are too like Lois and Clark's? It would help to know, so that I could make a decision on whether I can alter things to make things not such a throwback to Emily's parents, or whether it's a lost cause. smile

The sequel will probably take place a few years later, possibly when Emily and Nathan are 14 (or a little older). I'm trying to work out some timing issues regards when certain super-powers would arrive. It's still in the plotting stages, though, so it will probably be a few months before it's ready.

Thanks again for reading!

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Hey Meerkat

Sorry did not notice your question or I would have replied sooner. Reflecting on my previous comments I have decided that it could work, but let me first answer why I thought it would have been a LnC replica:

The way that you have written it just seems to be Lois and Clark all over again. The denial on the part of Nathan (rather then the female - being Lois, it is now a male, which granted might introduce a new perspective but it is still a copy cat). Also I think that this relationship is leading to another "Soul Mate" type story line. I think that it would just be too ironic and predictable that the children of the perfect couple (being Lois and Clark) grow up to move on and have perfect relationships themselves. Going along with the "Soul Mate" idea, I think that creating another generation takes away from the specialness of LnC. It is not everyday that one finds there soul mate and by having it happen in two consecutive generations takes away from that special bond (dreamlike/fantasy world ideas) that LnC share.

The reasons I think it could work:

The story would be told from a different perspective based on gender. The stubborn, hard headed and even sometimes cold hearted character would now be a male where as the naive, one man can save the world, compassionate and caring character would now be female. With that we would also see how Super Powers get in the way of leading a healthy relationship from a female point of view.

OK I think that is all I have to say and I hope this helps. One key pointer I have for you is to continue writting the story regardless of what others say and granted I do have a "strange" outlook on the world so definately do not base your descision on my opinion. Good luck and if you have further questions please post! If I think of anything else I will do the same.

Thanks, Judy
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard