Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Wendymr Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
I thought it would be helpful to have a single post listing all the issues we are already aware of and will be getting to as we can. I will add items to the list as I see them; other admins, if you have permissions, please also edit this post.

New items: if you have reported them through the Ticketing System, please reply to this post stating the item you have reported, and one of the admins will add it to this list. The benefit is that others will then see it has already been reported.

Please check this list before reporting an issue; it saves everyone time if we don't get multiple reports of the same problem.

Known Issues

• Nfic access problems - being worked on; for now, you can PM LabRat for access Fixed! Please now use the link in the nfic forum title area to request access.

• Incomplete TOCs, or links not working: authors, if you created your own TOCs, please update the links yourself. If LabRat created the TOC, contact her - and if you can gather the new links and send them to her, please do so!

[*]Graemlins not showing Click on the smilie at the top left-hand side of the posting box and a pop-up will appear.
  • No colour coding for viewed vs. unviewed links. (One can see by the colour coding of the icons to the left of folders/threads whether something has been viewed, but it would be nice to have colour-coded links as well.) Fixed!

• We seem to have lost our LNC FAQs post at the top right of the forum. Fixed!

• The colour on hotlinks in posts is too close to the colour of surrounding text, making them hard to spot. Fixed!

• Some text seems to be missing from older posts (raised by DarthMichael). I have no idea whether this could be fixed... Can't be fixed by us, but watch this space for something anyone in this position may be able to do themselves for a fix.

• Some member avatars aren't showing. This could be as simple as needing to re-enter the URL for your avatar in your profile. If anyone tries this and it works, let us know

• Visitors - ie people not logged in - can no longer see any posts. Can someone check and let us know if this is still the case - I checked permissions for a couple of folders on the control panel and guests DO have permission to read Fixed!

• There may be an issue with the search function. Can people who have experienced this please use the ticketing system to send examples and screencaps, please? Easier to try to fix something if we know how to duplicate it.
  • Search is limited to 1 year. <--- this may just be a search parameters issue.

• QUOTE block needs to be wider. Maybe size it in relation to the page width? It now has a horizontal scroll bar if there is more than one quote. FYI, Annette will of course have the final word, but I think it may not be possible to do anything about this. Fixed!
  • The link for the 'L&C scripts in text format' (that appears at the top of the boards) doesn't seem to be functioning. Fixed!
  • It seems as if the Graemlins (smilies) are case sensitive. Meaning that it won't show up unless it's all in lower case letters. ": clap :" (without spaces) works but :Clap: or :CLAP: doesn't, when they used to. Seems that this is a 'feature' which we'll just have to get used to goofy I bet in a month's time you won't even notice!

Wendy smile
Boards Admin Team

Last edited by Elena; 04/29/14 05:37 PM.

Just a fly-by! *waves*
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Hi Wendy,

Good idea to collect everything in one thread. Here's the first addition:

No colour coding for viewed vs. unviewed links. (One can see by the colour coding of the icons to the left of folders/threads whether something has been viewed, but it would be nice to have colour-coded links as well.)

Thanks,
Lynn

Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
We seem to have lost our LNC FAQs post at the top right of the forum.

The colour on hotlinks in posts is too close to the colour of surrounding text, making them hard to spot.

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Wendy!

Annette mentioned here that she intends to set up a ticketing system today for tracking the issues. So, um, collecting stuff here might be a bit of a duplicate effort blush Which I still applaud, of course clap

/waits patiently for magic to happen/

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Annette has just mailed the link for a ticketing system to report issues. I've stickied the post to the top of this forum.

To be fixed an issue MUST be entered in the system.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.

The Musketeers
Wendymr Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Michael: the benefit of a Known Issues post is that people will know that their particular issue is already known about, so they don't need to report it smile

Wendy

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by LabRat
We seem to have lost our LNC FAQs post at the top right of the forum.

The colour on hotlinks in posts is too close to the colour of surrounding text, making them hard to spot.
Also, regarding FAQ's: It needs to be accessible to non-registered people (I checked from my iPhone, where I'm not logged in). It wouldn't let me read them until I was logged in. I'm sure people want to be able to read FAQ's before registering to a new website.

Created a ticket for this

Last edited by VirginiaR; 04/27/14 04:20 PM. Reason: Ticketed item

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Wendymr
Michael: the benefit of a Known Issues post is that people will know that their particular issue is already known about, so they don't need to report it smile

Wendy

Yeah, I can see that now. Silly me thought that all the reported issues would be publicly visible in the ticketing system. [Linked Image]

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Michael,

Me too but the system appears to be a write only system so you need to put the issue in the thread also.

Wendy,

I only see a few of the issues reported in this and a couple of other threads. Should we enter a 'ticket' for those problems and enter them into the Known Issues thread also?

thanks

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
You should enter an issue into the ticketing system for anything you'd like fixed (if possible).

The Musketeers
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
[*]Visitors - ie people not logged in - can no longer see any posts. Can someone check and let us know if this is still the case - I checked permissions for a couple of folders on the control panel and guests DO have permission to read
Wendy smile
Boards Admin Team
I read the threads on the boards on my iPhone without logging in. I was able to read the regular threads just fine. I wasn't able to log into the FAQ (noted above, which I just sent a ticket in for). Non-Registered Nfic users can also look at the subject lines of the Nfic Forum, too, now.

There was another weird thing that happened on my iPhone (I don't know if it is an iPhone issue, or a non-registered user issue), but the number of forums available is reduced:

Under the "Table of Contents" forums only the "Nfic TOC" forum is visable.

The "General Discussion" Forums have completely disappeared (ALL OF THEM).

Under the "Superman in Other Canon" forums only the "Superman in Other Canon nFic and the Superman in Other Canon nFic TOC" show up.

I haven't created a ticket for this as I don't know exactly how it would be classified (as a registered user item or an iPhone issue). huh Let me know and I can create a ticket, or you can create one for me.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Virginia, I just checked the MB from a different desktop browser than I normally use; that is, one in which I was not logged into the site. I saw the same reduction in visible folders that you did on your iPhone.

Joy,
Lynn

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
The issue with the number of forums that are visible is a factor for anyone who isn't signed in/registered.

"Who's asking? Clark... or Superman?"
Wendymr Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Mike: I went through this thread and the other long thread and added anything I saw. However, as LabRat says, you MUST submit a ticket for your issue, unless it's in this list.

Once you submit your ticket, please report your issue here also so that it can go into this list - that way we hope there'll be fewer multiple reports for the same issue.

Wendy smile

Originally Posted by Mike M
Michael,

Me too but the system appears to be a write only system so you need to put the issue in the thread also.

Wendy,

I only see a few of the issues reported in this and a couple of other threads. Should we enter a 'ticket' for those problems and enter them into the Known Issues thread also?

thanks

Mike

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Wendymr Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
I don't understand this - what forums are not visible for people browsing as guests?

Never mind - I've just seen the list above.

(Permissions are set individually for each forum, so if I know which forums - other than nfic, of course - are not visible for guests I can go in and look at the permissions).

Wendy smile

Originally Posted by Lady Loisette
The issue with the number of forums that are visible is a factor for anyone who isn't signed in/registered.

Last edited by Wendymr; 04/27/14 04:30 PM.

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Top Banana
Top Banana
Issue submitted:

Search is limited to 1 year. Posts/stories on this site go back over 10 years (maybe closer to 20 years) and sometimes the stories are only on the forum if the author never packaged the parts together and submitted it to the archive. This search limitation would render 90-95% of the posts unfindable. Frequently posters will be looking for an old story and we will remember some fragment of the story and the search will allow us to find it and help the poster out.

I personally use the search feature all the time and find this limitation rendering it almost unusable

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Mike, you can look for older posts/stories if you clear out the "Newer than" drop down lists. (Click the down arrow and choose the first (blank) option for each list.) My thanks to Michael for pointing that one out.

Issue submitted: The lack of colour-coding to distinguish read vs. unread messages. As I mentioned elsewhere, there are workarounds, so this isn't a high priority. If I'm the only one it bothers, it doesn't even need to be addressed -- I'll just use the workarounds. But if it does bother a lot of other people, maybe something could be done about it?

Joy,
Lynn

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
I'm not sure whether this would be considered an "issue" per se, but it is something I'm curious about: If I go into the Fan Fiction folder, I can see only three pages worth of threads. I know that this isn't a hard limit, since I can see 25 pages in the Fanfic Challenge folder.

Is there any particular reason for the discrepancy?

Joy,
Lynn

Wendymr Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Fixed!

Thank you very much for this detailed report. It was a simple permissions issue, and I was able to reset all those forums to viewable by guests. All nfic forums have been reset to viewable by no-one who has not been given entry to nfic.

Let me know if any other forums are not viewable by guests - it's not a global fix; I have to go into each forum individually and set permissions, so I only looked at the ones you listed.

Wendy smile

Originally Posted by VirginiaR
[*]Visitors - ie people not logged in - can no longer see any posts. Can someone check and let us know if this is still the case - I checked permissions for a couple of folders on the control panel and guests DO have permission to read
Wendy smile
Boards Admin Team
I read the threads on the boards on my iPhone without logging in. I was able to read the regular threads just fine. I wasn't able to log into the FAQ (noted above, which I just sent a ticket in for). Non-Registered Nfic users can also look at the subject lines of the Nfic Forum, too, now.

There was another weird thing that happened on my iPhone (I don't know if it is an iPhone issue, or a non-registered user issue), but the number of forums available is reduced:

Under the "Table of Contents" forums only the "Nfic TOC" forum is visable.

The "General Discussion" Forums have completely disappeared (ALL OF THEM).

Under the "Superman in Other Canon" forums only the "Superman in Other Canon nFic and the Superman in Other Canon nFic TOC" show up.

I haven't created a ticket for this as I don't know exactly how it would be classified (as a registered user item or an iPhone issue). huh Let me know and I can create a ticket, or you can create one for me.
[i][/i]

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Wendymr Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Have you set your display options to show a longer period? Mine were originally set to show from the last month, and I had 12 pages of threads. I then set the display options to show all threads, and I have more than 1680 pages.

Display options at at the bottom of the page when you go into the forum.

Wendy smile

Originally Posted by Lynn S. M.
I'm not sure whether this would be considered an "issue" per se, but it is something I'm curious about: If I go into the Fan Fiction folder, I can see only three pages worth of threads. I know that this isn't a hard limit, since I can see 25 pages in the Fanfic Challenge folder.

Is there any particular reason for the discrepancy?

Joy,
Lynn

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard