Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
So long as it had the info you needed, Virginia, I'd consider that a win all things considered. <g> Annette was doing good to juryrigg a ticketing system for us at all.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Wendymr Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Annette was using the same template as for the nfic forum access request to set up the ticketing system - that may be why. I've seen at least one ticket from you in the list, so I'm sure we have it - they're all in the same queue.

Wendy smile

Originally Posted by VirginiaR
FYI: When I got a copy of my "Ticket" it came with the title: "Nfic Forum Request".

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by LabRat
So long as it had the info you needed, Virginia, I'd consider that a win all things considered. <g> Annette was doing good to juryrigg a ticketing system for us at all.

LabRat smile
That's why is was just an FYI. wink

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Is it anyone else? The boards keep logging me out everyday, despite my clicking the "remember me on each visit" box every single time.

Also, not sure if this is what you guys wanted, but the nfic TOC and Nfic sections do not show up at all for me unless I am logged in. It's like they don't exist until I am logged in.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Deadly Chakram
Is it anyone else? The boards keep logging me out everyday, despite my clicking the "remember me on each visit" box every single time.
Yeah, it does that to me too. But I think that's a cookies thing. I clear my cookies every time I close my computer. Although, with the old system I never had to log on everyday. huh

Also, not sure if this is what you guys wanted, but the nfic TOC and Nfic sections do not show up at all for me unless I am logged in. It's like they don't exist until I am logged in.
Yes, I think that was on purpose, so that only registered members could see the Nfic boards. But one doesn't need an Nfic password to see the Subject list for the threads now. (To READ the threads, yes, but just look at the Subject list, no.)

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Yeah, the nfic toc thing is by design.
Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
According to Darth Michael and KSaraSara a ticket has been made regarding the quote blocks being too narrow.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Darth Michael
Yeah, the nfic toc thing is by design.
Michael

Ah. Okay. I figured it probably was, but thought I'd double check.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Definitely stumbling through the new system...this will take a little getting used to.

One thing I've noticed--that I don't think has been reported--is that the link for the 'L&C scripts in text format' (that appears at the top of the boards) doesn't seem to be functioning. When you click that link, something comes up at the top of a new page that says 'Index of /ubb/scripts'--and underneath there are various links that tend to go to nothing?

I just ticketed the issue, and wanted to copy it over to this thread wink

I really like having the link there--right on top--for all the scripts. I find myself looking things up all the time...hopefully we can get this back grovel

Thanks everyone--really appreciate the work involved in all of this...
Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by LMA
Definitely stumbling through the new system...this will take a little getting used to.

One thing I've noticed--that I don't think has been reported--is that the link for the 'L&C scripts in text format' (that appears at the top of the boards) doesn't seem to be functioning. When you click that link, something comes up at the top of a new page that says 'Index of /ubb/scripts'--and underneath there are various links that tend to go to nothing?

I just ticketed the issue, and wanted to copy it over to this thread wink

I really like having the link there--right on top--for all the scripts. I find myself looking things up all the time...hopefully we can get this back grovel

Thanks everyone--really appreciate the work involved in all of this...
Really, Laura? I have no problem getting to the scripts from the link on the main page.

Here's the direct link, which I just got from that page: http://www.lcficmbs.com/scripts/

VirginiaR.
---
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
So so strange--I've tried the link off and on all morning...at various times. Never got it to work for me.

And now, as soon as I read your post, I tried the link and....voila! Go figure?!?

Well, that might be an unnecessary 'ticket' then--whoops, sorry Annette smile

My account seems to be a bit messed up though--just like Michael's. A lot of my posted FDK for stories (fanfic/nfanfic/etc) are WAY shorter than they originally were--lots of my stuff missing. LabRat already sent a note in to the tech team about it though (thanks, again). So...point being, what I'm seeing might be a little 'off'.

Glad to have the script link working--woo hoo!

Laura

Last edited by LMA; 04/28/14 04:11 PM.

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
LOL, don't worry Laura, nothing strange. I just fixed the link. wink

Elena

Methos: "I'm easily amused."

(Indiscretions - Highlander: The Series)
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by LMA
My account seems to be a bit messed up though--just like Michael's. A lot of my posted FDK for stories (fanfic/nfanfic/etc) are WAY shorter than they originally were--lots of my stuff missing. LabRat already sent a note in to the tech team about it though (thanks, again). So...point being, what I'm seeing might be a little 'off'.
Hmmmm. Both you and Michael are known for your long FDK. Maybe that has something to do with it. I know I left some long FDK for Anti-K on her "Man or Monster" story, but I haven't been back to check if it's still complete.

EDIT: Yeah, it appears as if my FDK for Man or Monster 8/8 was all screwed up. It looks like it was copied and pasted into the thread, but my FDK for M or M 7/8 looks fine. dizzy huh

EDIT-2: FYI: I just went and cleaned it up, so it looks like it's supposed to again. thumbsup

Last edited by VirginiaR; 04/28/14 04:33 PM. Reason: Added text

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Newly ticketed item: It seems as if the Graemlins (smilies) are case sensitive. Meaning that it won't show up unless it's all in lower case letters. ": clap :" (without spaces) works but :Clap: or :CLAP: doesn't, when they used to.

VirginiaR.
---
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Originally Posted by Elena
LOL, don't worry Laura, nothing strange. I just fixed the link. wink

Elena

LOL--thank you, Elena! Wow--yeah, I was really thinking things for me were a lot more messed up (than my missing posts). Appreciate the info--thanks for letting me know.

Laura

LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Originally Posted by VirginiaR
Originally Posted by LMA
Hmmmm. Both you and Michael are known for your long FDK. Maybe that has something to do with it. I know I left some long FDK for Anti-K on her "Man or Monster" story, but I haven't been back to check if it's still complete.

EDIT: Yeah, it appears as if my FDK for Man or Monster 8/8 was all screwed up. It looks like it was copied and pasted into the thread, but my FDK for M or M 7/8 looks fine. dizzy huh

EDIT-2: FYI: I just went and cleaned it up, so it looks like it's supposed to again. thumbsup

It's strange...the newer posts from the last few weeks--where I know I wrote certain things--are sometimes complete, half there in some places, and part there in others...and a few are almost not there whatsoever. Very random. But from what Michael described, LabRat thought it was the same thing...(and yeah, I tend to be a bit long-winded with my posts, so maybe that's a bit of it, too whistle ). I first noticed the issue in Sue's current story on the nfic boards--where I tend to leave quite a bit of FDK. Anyway, hopefully it's fixable.

I had noticed the feedback you gave, Virginia, in MoM 8 was off, too...but it all was still there, right--nothing missing?

Laura

Now my 'quote box'--in a quote box--isn't showing all of the quoted words...hmmm?

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
In general, story posts are a lot longer than FDK posts. Has anyone noticed any abridged story parts? If not, although length might be a factor, I would suspect that something else was going on. Could the number of quotes, or the levels of embedding in the quotes, have something to do with it, perhaps?

Joy,
Lynn

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
My story post is a little longer than 9000 words and it is all intact. It may be a quote related issue. Another forum I'm a member of only allows so many quotes per post.

"Who's asking? Clark... or Superman?"
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Hmm, maybe we need a thread for "How to clean up old posts" stuff? As opposed to a bug that needs a ticket?

I found in my posts, and I've seen in some others, that the old posts with text inside the < > read it as HTML and anything in there disappears. However, all it took with my posts was to go into the edit mode, and save "changes" that aren't really changes - I think it just reads it as text after that instead of code.

It's mostly an issue where someone chose to use the <> mode for thoughts, telepathy, or other versions of dialogue.

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Originally Posted by ColleenMA
I found in my posts, and I've seen in some others, that the old posts with text inside the < > read it as HTML and anything in there disappears.
Interesting. That doesn't seem to be happening with new posts; when I used angle brackets in this post, they behaved nicely.

Joy,
Lynn

Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard