Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by mozartmaid
Except for all the annoying New Kandorian (gee, that name sounds SO close to New Kryptonian that one might think they stole it from LnC) plot lines
I think Kandor is Superman canon. I'm not a comic book expert, but I'm pretty sure that Kandor was a bottled city that Superman rescued from Krypton. But I'm fuzzy on the details...
Ultra Woman Andreia filled you in on the Kandorian details, but I meant more the use of "Kandor" as opposed to another or original name not starting with K. The New Kryptonians, The New Kandorians. Too similar, IMO.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Originally Posted by Ultra Woman
Your fics are being my salvation. clap The few good fics I found were not finished. I think I just found one good complete story beside yours. cry For somebody interested it's En Tempus Veritas by Bree.
Thanks blush I'm glad you enjoy them! And yes, Bree is one of the few good Smallville writers out there. I've read that fic as well -- really well-written!
I think Kandor is Superman canon. I'm not a comic book expert, but I'm pretty sure that Kandor was a bottled city that Superman rescued from Krypton. But I'm fuzzy on the details...
Kandor was a Kryptonian city that was stolen and miniaturized by Brainiac before the destruction of the planet. Later, Superman recovered the city and kept it at the Fortress in a bottle crazy until he finds a way to restore its size. I have to say the Smallville version would make more sense (if it was just their DNA that was kept in a capsule). But Kandor was literally a bottled city.
[Linked Image]
Thanks for clearing that up! thumbsup I thought it was based on something from the comics.

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
Top Banana
Top Banana
Yes, I watch Smallville just for Clois. love Your fics are being my salvation. clap The few good fics I found were not finished. I think I just found one good complete story beside yours. cry For somebody interested it's En Tempus Veritas by Bree.

That is a very famous fic in the Smallville FanFic world. It's very good. Where were you looking for Smallville FanFic? I agree that there's a lot of simple/childish/unpolished fics out there, but there are also reasonable writers. The thing is, it's a while since I was really reading it and I've forgotten names of the good ones, and they are not easy to find in the midst of all the bad ones.

Originally Posted by VirginiaR
I've read several of KatherineKent's Smallville fics that she's posted on the "Superman In Other Canon" forum and I've really enjoyed them. True, most of them were either set early or alt-universe, but it *is* possible.

I have avoided posting many of my SV fics due, most particularly, to you only being on S5 when I joined these boards. Although ... now you are in S9 I'm actually free to post a few of my longer ones ... hmmm. What would you say to a fic called 'Band of Blue' or maybe 'Mr Right or Mr 'Right Now''

Depends on what era you are reading the comics. Kandor is indeed a bottled city in most versions. Sometimes it is directly from Krypton, making it a Kryptonian City - usually the capitol, or 2nd city. At one point it was a random city that was being populated by 'special' people from different worlds the whole galaxy over, whom the 'owner' wished to collect. He tried to miniaturise Superman into this Kandor at one point.

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."
Top Banana
Top Banana
Originally Posted by KatherineKent
I've read several of KatherineKent's Smallville fics that she's posted on the "Superman In Other Canon" forum and I've really enjoyed them. True, most of them were either set early or alt-universe, but it *is* possible.

I have avoided posting many of my SV fics due, most particularly, to you only being on S5 when I joined these boards. Although ... now you are in S9 I'm actually free to post a few of my longer ones ... hmmm. What would you say to a fic called 'Band of Blue' or maybe 'Mr Right or Mr 'Right Now''
Post them!! hyper I missed them on the first go around on the ksite boards, but promise to read them if you post them here! wink

Depends on what era you are reading the comics. Kandor is indeed a bottled city in most versions. Sometimes it is directly from Krypton, making it a Kryptonian City - usually the capitol, or 2nd city. At one point it was a random city that was being populated by 'special' people from different worlds the whole galaxy over, whom the 'owner' wished to collect. He tried to miniaturise Superman into this Kandor at one point.
Wow... there is so much in the comics that I missed... by the way. I just ordered Superman: For Tomorrow. laugh

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I'm with MozartMaid. Please post here. jump

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
S9, E14 - "Conspiracy" - Let's see, how did that go again? CLARK! You, lunkhead! What's wrong with you?????? Is he trying to prove that Lois is the brains of their partnership? Okay, back to the beginning of this episode.

We learn that it wasn't just Zod's unit and Jor-El whose blood was donated to the cloning project, but also some other people from Kandor (I guess this explains why they keep calling themselves Kandorians instead of Kryptonians. [Linked Image] ) So, someone's sister has been brought back (too many minor characters to remember all of their names). Anyway, Clark (via Chloe) has gotten her a new identity, and she's working in a bookshop and *LOVING* it! And why wouldn't she? It's a much less stressful job than what she had with the Kadorians: biological testing of the human via torture. Well, I guess we found the group who made Metallo. [Linked Image] Tess must have been right all along.

Anyway, this nice sweet bookshop owner is kidnapped by a crazy man who looks like an extra from the Hell Raiser films. (That and he also kind of looks like the actor who played the Hawkman out of his uniform. I was a little confused by that, because that's who I thought it was at first and I kept thinking WTF! Hawkman's gone psycho!) Turns out to be another guy though. Some dead body who the nice Kandorians reanimated (i.e. brought back to life). Gee, it's almost attack of the Zombies part II. His lair was pretty creepy and freaky though.

So, this crazy guy kidnaps Lois away from her almost date with Clark who once again was too busy to show... losing all the points there, Clarkie boy. He chains Lois to a keyboard and tells her to write up his these aliens kidnapped me and brought me back to life to do experiments on me story. Lois, understandably, thinks he's delusional psycho, because he's psycho. (The differences between the two aren't that big.)

Meanwhile, Clark is searching unsuccessfully for the missing Kandorian. Zod does his own research, using the DP (good way to not use your noggin there, Smallville) and finds the crazy man's letters to Lois. Interesting thing here, Lois never received any of these letters. Someone (in the mailroom?) filed them away without letting Lois decide whether or not it was a story worth investigating. Perhaps he should have hand delivered his crazy message to her like Dr. Platt.

I find it funny that Zod impersonates a reporter by borrowing someone's glasses and press-pass and is automatically assumed to be a reporter. Maybe if Clark started to wear HIS glasses, he would actually remember to use his brain sometimes. [Linked Image] Zod finds Lois, tells her he's FBI, and starts to free her when the psycho walks in and shoots Zod, recognizing him as a bad Kandorian guy by his dogtags. Really? People? Really? Isn't there a better way to show family pride without alarming the nuts you've tortured out there? (I noticed in the next episode that Zod actually sports his crest on his back in a huge tattoo* as well. Overkill, much?)

As the true heroine that Lois is, she comforts Zod and tries to make him feel better until Clark arrives and saves the day. First order of the day, zipping Lois away so that she doesn't figure out his secret. Really, Clark? THAT's your priority, here? Crazy nut accidentally and conveniently electrocutes himself after seeing Clark's Blur side. Clark frees the crazy guy's kidnap victim and then warms her up using a blanket. Apparently, he hasn't learned the full array of uses for his heat vision. Either that, or the writers thought it felt too intimate, being that she's only wearing her underwear.

Zod dies from his wounds after begging Clark not to take him to the hospital. Instead of telling Zod "Hey, no. They can't tell you're an alien by your blood. I've been in the hospital a dozen times in the last 9 years alone and they've never figured it out." Nor after Zod dies does Clark say to himself, "Oh, dear. I guess I couldn't save him like Dad asked. Win some. Lose some. At least, I didn't kill him myself, crazy nutso guy did." Lunkhead gives him ONE drop of his own blood. Uh-oh. Somebody has bonded with the bad guys! [Linked Image]

Why this was such a lunkheaded decision, if Smallville ever made one:
1) Zod recovers.
2) Zod gets Clark's powers.
3) Zod now knows there's something that will hurt Clark enough to make him bleed, so he can be killed.
4) Zod now knows how to empower his troops without the red sun RAO tower, by giving them one drop of his own blood (or better yet, Clark's).

Sometimes, Clark, it's better to let dead bad guys stay dead. Haven't you learned anything about the psycho crazy nutso guy? If you bring someone back to life, they WILL try to kill you for it.

Somehow the crazy Chess people have stolen Lois's notes. If I were her, I wouldn't leave anything of importance in my desk at work.

* Total Aside Question: If you've got super healing powers, ala Clark, if you get a tattoo when your vulnerable, wouldn't it somehow "heal" it away?

VirginiaR.
---
Top Banana
Top Banana
S9, E14 - "Conspiracy"

---
Lois, understandably, thinks he's delusional psycho, because he's psycho. (The differences between the two aren't that big.)
The thing is, though, he isn't delusional. I thought this episode was interesting because it shows how the Kandorians ARE a bit freaky... and makes you wonder, how would we as humans react to discovering aliens on our planet. Not all are going to be Clark Kents, alas...

Interesting thing here, Lois never received any of these letters. Someone (in the mailroom?) filed them away without letting Lois decide whether or not it was a story worth investigating. Perhaps he should have hand delivered his crazy message to her like Dr. Platt.
I think at this point Lois has pretty high status as a reporter at the DP. I imagine they would have a pre-sorting system with someone determining which letters are from stalkers or whack-jobs... still, Lois should have at least been informed about them.

I find it funny that Zod impersonates a reporter by borrowing someone's glasses and press-pass and is automatically assumed to be a reporter. Maybe if Clark started to wear HIS glasses, he would actually remember to use his brain sometimes.
Yeah, the glasses gag doesn't quite work in this world since Clark isn't wearing glasses. It sort of breaks the fourth wall because we all know CK=glasses=reporter.

Zod finds Lois, tells her he's FBI, and starts to free her when the psycho walks in and shoots Zod, recognizing him as a bad Kandorian guy by his dogtags.
I also don't like the dogtags in general. I thought it was a really cheap way to identify the Kandorians. Shouldn't they be sporting something a little more... alien?

(I noticed in the next episode that Zod actually sports his crest on his back in a huge tattoo* as well. Overkill, much?)
Yeah, I agree, it is a bit much...

First order of the day, zipping Lois away so that she doesn't figure out his secret. Really, Clark? THAT's your priority, here?
Yeah, I got sick of Lois ALWAYS getting knocked out when Clark comes to save the day. In a few eps they are a bit more creative about it -- but then it just seemed like a plot device. Lois has to get gonked on the head if Clark shows up. She must have had some serious concussions over the years...

Apparently, he hasn't learned the full array of uses for his heat vision. Either that, or the writers thought it felt too intimate, being that she's only wearing her underwear.
Could be... it's been a while since I've watched this ep. Wasn't there green K in the room as well?

Instead of telling Zod "Hey, no. They can't tell you're an alien by your blood. I've been in the hospital a dozen times in the last 9 years alone and they've never figured it out."
LOL wink

Lunkhead gives him ONE drop of his own blood. Uh-oh. Somebody has bonded with the bad guys! [Linked Image]

Why this was such a lunkheaded decision, if Smallville ever made one:
1) Zod recovers.
2) Zod gets Clark's powers.
3) Zod now knows there's something that will hurt Clark enough to make him bleed, so he can be killed.
4) Zod now knows how to empower his troops without the red sun RAO tower, by giving them one drop of his own blood (or better yet, Clark's).

Sometimes, Clark, it's better to let dead bad guys stay dead. Haven't you learned anything about the psycho crazy nutso guy? If you bring someone back to life, they WILL try to kill you for it.
Yeah, that has got to be one of the most stupid moves on Clark's part. Yet, he couldn't let him die (unless you are getting advice from Jonathan Kent from Man of Steel... let's just not go there...)

Somehow the crazy Chess people have stolen Lois's notes. If I were her, I wouldn't leave anything of importance in my desk at work.
LOL, 'crazy Chess people.' Both her and Clark tend to leave things in their drawers at work that they really shouldn't. Ahem... like the Legion ring, for example.

* Total Aside Question: If you've got super healing powers, ala Clark, if you get a tattoo when you're vulnerable, wouldn't it somehow "heal" it away?
This actually gets addressed in a small way in Season 10.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Regarding good "Smallville" fanfic - one of the best I've read was written quite early on in the run of the show, after only 2 or 3 seasons on the air. The major villain of the story is Lionel Luthor, and Lex is still a guy who could go either way (and, spoiler, chooses to be on the side of good in this fic.)

The fic is Elsewhere by bulbus, and I strongly recommend it. It's got plot, action, drama, and people making choices. Plus a whole lot of Supermanly heroics.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Yeah, that has got to be one of the most stupid moves on Clark's part. Yet, he couldn't let him die (unless you are getting advice from Jonathan Kent from Man of Steel... let's just not go there...)
But by bringing Zod back from the dead isn't Clark more playing God than allowing nature take it's course? He didn't stab himself with Kryptonite to donate blood save Jimmy's life, for example, or Jonathan's. Come on! It isn't as if Zod meant to Clark what Lois and Clark meant Chloe (when she risked herself for them). It wasn't Clark's fault that Zod died, and just because he was a Kryptonian clone doesn't give Zod a bump on the to-be-rescued by a blood transfusion list. He already lived once on Krytpon. His soul already took over Lex and lived a second time on Earth. This was his third life. Dying in order to try to save Lois should have redeemed him, honor wise. He's had his chance and doesn't deserve this sacrifice on Clark's behalf. Now, if it were Lois.... I totally would understand why Clark would do this, but it wasn't, so I don't.

S9, E15 - "Escape" - YES! Finally, Lois and Clark go away for a much needed weekend together. Romance fills the air. Leaks in their room fixed. Huge balls of twine (wasn't it?) seen and fondly recalled. Memories of ghosts inhabiting Chloe and her invading Clark's shower. Next...

Just kidding. So, Clark has decided that he has control over himself and his powers to enable a healthy pre-marital intimate relationship with Lois.

LOIS: dance party I'm *so* there!

Unfortunately, so are Oliver and Chloe. Perhaps Clark shouldn't make their weekend away such a surprise next time. If Lois agrees to a next time after the last few disastrous dates, and those were just the ones where Clark showed up. I mean, there was the monster truck rally (no show). There was the Coffee Date (no show, as far as Lois knows). There was the Comic Con, where he ditches her to be with another woman (Zantanna). There was the Valentine's Day date where she was hypnotized (or drugged as Lois saw it). Then, their dinner date, which he cancels because of Kandorian problems (another woman). And now their weekend away. These two have BAD luck.

I like that Clark is so determined that this weekend go well that he fixes the leak in their guest room, and then cleans the room as well, so that he and Lois can settle in for the night. I was a little surprised in the blase manner at which they both went to bed. Getting their PJs on and lying down as if they were actually going to sleep. Um... okay. It was a romantic get-away, right? It seemed to be lacking in... um... the passion shown in Pandora. It felt awkward and weird, and I was actually glad that the harpy screamed and startled everyone from their rooms.

Wasn't it cute that Chloe and Oliver had matching robes? smile Lois and Clark didn't have robes, though. (I think Lois had some sort of covering, but my guess is that it was her own. O&C looked like guest robes care of the inn.) I could see how seeing her ex with her cousin would make Lois freak and not feel very romantic. It didn't seem to dampen Chloe and Oliver's weekend until breakfast though.

If it bothered Lois so much, then Clark should have suggested that they leave the next morning and go somewhere else. Not that Lois would have let them leave, though. She would have been all "it doesn't bother me". Although if they had left, then Oliver would be dead at Chloe's shriek and they wouldn't be able to continue with this takeover of Clark's show by the Justice League. OR, better yet, not dead because Clark wouldn't have stupidly given Oliver dating advice, let alone Oliver having taken it and freaked Chloe out. If I were Chloe, I'd be pissed. How dare her friend-with-benefits take advice from the biggest lunkhead when it comes to dating? I mean really, could Oliver have picked a worse person to take dating advice from? Please! He's had 3 - count 'em - 3 girlfriends. Lana, enough said. Dismal failure. Alicia, who died. And LOIS, who he's once again failing miserably, but she keeps giving him extra chances though he hardly has earned them. Please, Oliver, grow a brain already.

The one thing that bothers me about the whole silver banshee plot is the fact that Chloe willfully incinerates the banshee's soul WHILE ITS INHABITING LOIS! I mean, doesn't that mean that Lois would end up a bit charbroiled? Think, people! It bothered me that once the Silver Banshee bursts into flames, we don't see Lois again until they arrive back at the DP. Why didn't they show her separating and collapsing out of the flames and okay? The Silver Banshee disappears and I'm left wondering, "okay, where's Lois?"

The interesting thing about Clark training himself to have more control of his powers is that Zod hasn't done any of that and has a perfectly normal intimate relationship with Tess. He doesn't have anywhere near as much time with powers, but he seems to have much more control of them. He can fly, where Clark can't. He can have relations with a human woman without problem (not that he would have cared, either way, I'm guessing).

Why am I supposed to like Tess again? I'm not sure what in the world she's trying to do with Zod. First, she tells him she won't sleep with him. And then she does... but only after he gets powers. dizzy Also, we get to see Zod's HUGE Family Crest tattoo on his back in this episode and it makes me wonder if he has that, why does he need dog tags? Or was the tattoo a side effect of the cloning process? Does Zod even know it's there? (It's not like he'd look at his back much.) Wasn't this Zod supposed to be freshly mourning the death of his wife and son? Or do they not want to remind viewer of that major plot hole? (The fact that the wife survived and ended up in the Phantom Zone and they somehow cloned his son and made Doomsday. Also, another problem I had with "Kandor" was that Jor-El said cloning Zod's son from his hair would be "wrong" but they were taking blood from the soldiers to make clones to send to Earth, because???... again, the reasoning made no sense.)

So, now Tess has let a super powered Zod know that there's something out there which will HARM CLARK! Everything Tess does is for WHAT end result? I just can't see what she's hoping to accomplish? She sides with the Kandorians because she thinks they will save her planet. [Linked Image] Then AFTER seeing what happens due witnessing Lois's memories of the future, SHE STILL THINKS THEY WILL SAVE HER PLANET? The woman is delusional! She's sleeping with the enemy. People, this isn't a good thing. It doesn't make her trustworthy. [Linked Image]

This episode would have been so much better without the whole Kandorian sub-plot (C-plot?). It reminded me more of a LnC episode, until Tess and Zod were brought in.

Last edited by VirginiaR; 05/05/14 03:17 AM.

VirginiaR.
---
Top Banana
Top Banana
S9, E15 - "Escape" - YES! Finally, Lois and Clark go away for a much needed weekend together. Romance fills the air. Leaks in their room fixed. Huge balls of twine (wasn't it?) seen and fondly recalled. Memories of ghosts inhabiting Chloe and her invading Clark's shower. Next...

Just kidding. So, Clark has decided that he has control over himself and his powers to enable a healthy pre-marital intimate relationship with Lois.

LOIS: dance party I'm *so* there!

Yay. I love this episode even though most people hate it.

We won't go into most of the plot holes you mention ... Lets just say that Tess is confused and does keep changing her mind about who the better allies are. She does know that Zod is NOT her ally and it trying to use him, manipulate him, but she still thinks his powers/people are the way to save the world. I never quite got why she thought the world needed saving though? We know she started life as a marine biologist was it? So maybe it's an environmental kind of 'save the world' as in 'we don't care enough anymore, we all have selfish lives and need to change'.

Anyway. I loved Lois and Clark taking the next step... Oh, they didn't, they were interrupted. Grrrr. I know they climbed into bed without much passion, but they were nervous. They did begin to kiss ... I'm pretty sure I know where that was going until the banshee screamed.

Even though they hadn't yet been intimate I find it very telling that Clark was willing to pull back the shower curtain, reveal his naked body to Lois, and invite her into the shower with him ... shock Unfortunately it was Chloe grumble

I've always reconciled the difference between Clark needing 'control' and Zod just going for it as .... CLARK WAS PARANOID. He never had anything to worry about, even back at 18 with Lana, but he was just stupid. Anyway, he now has the idea that, because he's training, he must be in better control. I don't think he's literally asked IceDaddy "Can I sleep with my girlfriend without killing her?" I'd love to have seen JorEl's response to that.

Probably my favourite bit (although I love lots of bits) is the end (apart from the last 20 seconds, somebody cut them from the episode please). Seeing the desire in Clark's eyes ... he lifts her to the kitchen counter ... dives in for a kiss ... then begins to undress her.

Love it.

Just a little warning ... but no particular spoiler.

It's NOT plain sailing from here ... there are tears to come ... but then there's Season 10!!!!

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I love the Clois parts of this episode. But I hated that Cholie took over an episode that should be about Clois. grumble

We won't go into most of the plot holes you mention ...
I tend to ignore them. Or my heads starts to spin... [Linked Image]

I never quite got why she thought the world needed saving though? We know she started life as a marine biologist was it? So maybe it's an environmental kind of 'save the world' as in 'we don't care enough anymore, we all have selfish lives and need to change'.
Yes, I understood she was "the ultimate eco-terrorist", as Lois dubbed her. [Linked Image]

Even though they hadn't yet been intimate I find it very telling that Clark was willing to pull back the shower curtain, reveal his naked body to Lois, and invite her into the shower with him ... shock Unfortunately it was Chloe grumble
It wouldn't have been a new sight to Lois... goofy but this time it was deliberate and Clark was in his right mind (and very interested in Lois's costume [Linked Image]), so... hating the Chloe-interruptus more and more. mad

.... CLARK WAS PARANOID.
I agree. Every Kryptonian was able to fly, even those that had just acquired powers. Clark was the only one tied to the ground. huh

I don't think he's literally asked IceDaddy "Can I sleep with my girlfriend without killing her?" I'd love to have seen JorEl's response to that.
I'd love to have known what this "training" consisted of... blush Sorry, I couldn't resist. rotflol

Probably my favourite bit (although I love lots of bits) is the end (apart from the last 20 seconds, somebody cut them from the episode please). Seeing the desire in Clark's eyes ... he lifts her to the kitchen counter ... dives in for a kiss ... then begins to undress her.

Love it.
Me too. One of my favorite scenes. [Linked Image]

Andreia

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I love the Clois parts of this episode. But I hated that Cholie took over an episode that should be about Clois. grumble
I don't think Chloe and Oliver wanted to be in the episode. Isn't that why they headed out of town? peep

I tend to ignore them. Or my heads starts to spin... [Linked Image]
Oh, good. It wasn't just me, then.

Yes, I understood she was "the ultimate eco-terrorist", as Lois dubbed her. [Linked Image]
Yes, save the world environmentally. Please. If Pandora didn't do anything, it should have at least told Tess she was on the wrong track being that the Kandorians were all about destroying the environment.

And here I thought Clark didn't know that someone was in the bathroom with him. I thought he had finished his shower and was getting out and found Chloe there ogling him.

.... CLARK WAS PARANOID.
I agree. Every Kryptonian was able to fly, even those that had just acquired powers. Clark was the only one tied to the ground. huh
/cough/ fear of heights /cough/ Although, you'd think with the amount of time he stands looking down from gargoyles, he'd be over it by now. Nah, it's just the producers promise to keep Clark out of Red/Blue tights and out of the air during the course of the show.

I don't think he's literally asked IceDaddy "Can I sleep with my girlfriend without killing her?" I'd love to have seen JorEl's response to that.
JOR-EL: Nope. She'll die, son. Now, can we get back to training?

Hmmmm. I don't remember that. I'll have to rewatch that section. All I remember was them coming back to Metropolis and Lois calling the weekend a bust. Clark corrects her by saying "at least, we saw the largest ball of twine."

VirginiaR.
---
Top Banana
Top Banana
Too many quotes in quotes, so hope you won't mind me mostly just quoting Virginia.

I don't think Chloe and Oliver wanted to be in the episode. Isn't that why they headed out of town? peep
rotflol Yeah, they didn't manage that 'escape' very well, did they? wink

I tend to ignore them. Or my heads starts to spin... [Linked Image] Oh, good. It wasn't just me, then.
Yeah, seriously. And I didn't think about it until you mentioned it, Virginia.... when Chloe throws the painting into the fire-- what could have happened to Lois! shock

Yes, save the world environmentally. Please. If Pandora didn't do anything, it should have at least told Tess she was on the wrong track being that the Kandorians were all about destroying the environment.
No kidding... Tess does have a twisted idea of what is 'right,' but again, that will become clearer as to why as time goes on.

And here I thought Clark didn't know that someone was in the bathroom with him. I thought he had finished his shower and was getting out and found Chloe there ogling him.
Yeah I thought that too -- but I like Katherine's idea WAY better. laugh I have a nfic that involves a shower... but can't post till you get to Season 10, Virginia. wink

/cough/ fear of heights /cough/ Although, you'd think with the amount of time he stands looking down from gargoyles, he'd be over it by now.
Right?? rotflol You'd think he was some caped crusader, or something. wink

Nah, it's just the producers promise to keep Clark out of Red/Blue tights and out of the air during the course of the show.
Yes... 'no tights, no flights.' Though there are a few creative ways they get around this...

JOR-EL: Nope. She'll die, son. Now, can we get back to training?
I can totally see Jor-El saying this. cool

*Ugh,the quote within a quote totally confused me... Hope this post makes sense! peep

Top Banana
Top Banana

I guess you could view it either way. I always took it that he knew. He heard someone come into the bathroom and then pulled back the curtain thinking it was Lois. Even so, if he didn't know anyone was there ... he definitely liked Lois' costume ... and she brought shampoo to the party ... what do you think was on her mind?

Hmmmm. I don't remember that. I'll have to rewatch that section. All I remember was them coming back to Metropolis and Lois calling the weekend a bust. Clark corrects her by saying "at least, we saw the largest ball of twine."

How can you not remember that bit!!!! It's so sexy. Well, his undressing only makes it as far as her coat. Then, unfortunately, ZodBlur calls Lois and ruins the whole thing.

Quick link to the scene or watch the gif below.

[Linked Image]

KatherineKent/Victoria
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Escape, I love all the awkward moments/scenes in the episode. Lois & Clark and Chloe & Oliver unexpectedly running into each other at the inn.

The shower scene is pretty funny. One minute Chloe is trying to share a shower with Clark and the next she can't get out of there fast enough and the whole time poor Clark is so confused and has no idea what is going on. goofy

The scene at breakfast the next morning is amusing as well. Chloe & Oliver try to avoid Lois, but she doesn't give them that chance and makes certain that they see her and sit with her and Clark. Then when the girls go outside to talk, leaving Clark and Oliver sitting at the table alone together and the awkward conversation that follows. goofy

Wasn't it cute that Chloe and Oliver had matching robes? smile Lois and Clark didn't have robes, though. (I think Lois had some sort of covering, but my guess is that it was her own. O&C looked like guest robes care of the inn.)
Yeah, that was pretty cute. smile And Oliver & Chloe's robes were indeed supplied by the inn. You can see the little inn patch on the pockets.

"Who's asking? Clark... or Superman?"
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
How can you not remember that bit!!!! It's so sexy. Well, his undressing only makes it as far as her coat. Then, unfortunately, ZodBlur calls Lois and ruins the whole thing.
*Now* I remember. I had blocked it out because of the whole Zod/Blur impersonation. mad How can Clark turn off his super hearing at THAT moment?!! Come on! Someone is impersonating the Blur on the phone just feet away from him. That's major! How can he NOT hear that? [Linked Image]

VirginiaR.
---
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Before the shower Lois gave him a towel and asked him to give her 10 minutes and then he would get a surprise. So, I believe he was expecting her surprise at the shower. wink And it's clear that Lois intended to join him.

Seeing the desire in Clark's eyes ... he lifts her to the kitchen counter ... dives in for a kiss ... then begins to undress her.
This scene is very sexy. And when Clark steps in between her legs and tells her "Just pretend I'm not here"... is unbelievably hot. [Linked Image] Clark was never this bold without red-K.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
This scene is very sexy. And when Clark steps in between her legs and tells her "Just pretend I'm not here"... is unbelievably hot. [Linked Image] Clark was never this bold without red-K.
And thanks for that smilie. I've been looking for one just like it. It now has a home on my smilie list. smile

Also, totally missed her handing him the towel. grumble That's what I get for watching during lunch hour.

Last edited by VirginiaR; 05/06/14 12:41 AM. Reason: Added more stuff

VirginiaR.
---
Pulitzer
Pulitzer

Guest stars can fly. Regular cast members - hey, flying scenes are expensive. wink

Top Banana
Top Banana
Originally Posted by IolantheAlias
hey, flying scenes are expensive. wink
Was this the real reason? Virginia, don't look below!

Isn't CGI (like in the finale) more expensive than LnC style ropes and green screen? And was the reason for the CGI to essentially keep Tom out of the Suit for the whole series? I can't imagine that it actually saved money -- and by Season 10, I don't think they needed to. I read that Tom's Blur jacket (the dark leather one, with the crest) cost like $5,000. Maybe keeping Tom out of the Suit was done on principle?(Fun Fact: the Suit shown in Season 10 was borrowed from Superman Returns. Maybe Tom Welling just didn't fit into it?)
I also thought I read somewhere that the first four seasons or so, were decidedly 'anti-Superman' with no tights/no flights (and no Clois!). Then I think the writers changed around season 6, I want to say, and that is when they smashed the ink bottle at the end of episodes, with the names of the old writers on them -- or something like that. Can anyone confirm? As I recall, Season 6 had some good Clois, and of course, the romance didn't start till season 8. Was all this related or did the writing just work out that way?

Last edited by mozartmaid; 05/08/14 02:48 PM.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  bakasi, PuffyTiger 

Link Copied to Clipboard