Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by mozartmaid:
I'm enjoying your assessment of these eps in a first go, VirginiaR! hyper Maybe THAT happens due to the Kal-El influences in Lois's system or something like that. [Linked Image]

Yes, I agree. This gets annoying with Chloe. But it is oh so convenient for her to be one knowing what's going on all the time -- I mean for plot reasons. But as a personality, it is a bit whack.
I have to agree with you. Chloe as Big Sister just because they need someone in the know about things seems like bad plotting.

<strong> </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Next ep, watch the next ep. Then watch it again. And again ... then watch the last five minutes of it ten more times.
/Nods and grins. Yup. laugh
I did. I watched it through twice yesterday, but probably not for the reason you'll expect. Review coming up.

Glad I discovered this thread! I'm excited for LnC peeps to give Smallville a try!! hyper
I'm surprised with all the people on the boards who've mentioned seeing the show and have written Smallville fic, that no one has broached the topic here before.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
After writing my requisite 5 pages of WC, I treated myself on watching the next three episodes. (Crossfire, twice, because RL kept interrupting my first viewing). I wanted to move on to "Pandora" but I guess that will have to wait until tonight. smile1 Very "awwwwwww" WAFFy.

So, then her confidence shaken, she runs to her last serious boyfriend, Oliver, to ask him the same question. Instead of bolstering her self-esteem, he tells her things which probably she doesn't like about herself. Again, not hearing that what both of these guys like about her is that she, not only, knows who she is but that she likes who she is and isn't willing to change to suit anyone. Not exactly the thing a woman feeling as if she's had a blow to her ego wants to hear, after realizing that the television show doesn't want her by herself. The thing is IF she had been herself, instead of what she thought they wanted, she probably would have had no problem getting the job all on her own. Clark certainly wasn't any help as co-host.

The reason I watched this episode twice, yesterday, was because of the surprise twist behind Clark's blind date. I hadn't given her much thought originally, but when I heard it was CAT GRANT, I had to watch it again. CAT a peace corps volunteer, double major in sociology and social justice? CAT who doesn't have time to date. grumble about them cutting her entirely from the next episode, when I review it.

Which will be later, because now it's way past time to get back to work on WC.

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Top Banana
Top Banana
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by VirginiaR:
I wanted to move on to "Pandora" but I guess that will have to wait until tonight. hyper

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
This is way back from the beginning, and I posted this before I read most of the thread, but...

She (Chloe) gave up everything to protect Clark: her job, her marriage, the life of her husband, her brain, her self-respect, and what does he do, he drops her like yesterday's news once things get hard.
This really annoys me. I watched the show from the beginning. Lois didn't appear till S5.

I'm a Chloe fan, because I always thought that in S1-S5 she was a proto-Lois Lane, just under another name because they couldn't get the rights (DC was nervous.) After all, they had a young Clark Kent, a young Lex Luthor, young Pete Ross and Lana Lang - who's missing? Technically, young Lois Lane is missing, but her character is right there in Chloe Sullivan.

Chloe in S1-S4 had very Lois Lane-like tendencies - her lifelong dream was to be a reporter for the DP; she totally kicked ass as editor of the high school paper, the Torch; Perry White was her hero; she cultivated a network of sources all over the county and even in Metropolis (OK, I'll admit the computer wizardry was a little over the top); she was curious and found out Clark's secret. Plus, she was his best friend. Lana was his puppy love, but we know that Clark Kent could never marry Lana. He would have to marry someone he was friends with.

I believe there was actually some talk amongst the show runners about Chloe actually being Lois, but this was axed in S5 when Erica Durance came on board.

So, having 4 or 5 years of buildup of friendship, support, secret-finding, backup, etc., then the Erica Durance Lois Lane just walks in and effectively takes over the Chloe role. We didn't see a buildup of friendship with Lois - it was like, suddenly between S6 and S7 (or maybe it was between S7 and S8 - I forget), Clark and Lois were in love. When did it happen? How did it happen? Nothing was shown! Everything important happened in Offscreenville! (Not that I'm bitter or anything /sarcasm/)

And not only did Clark magically fall in love with Lois in Offscreenville, apparently he had some sort of mental readjustment that required him to act like a jerk towards Chloe - someone that's stood up for him, kept his secret, and basically done everything in the quote above. What kind of action is that to do to someone who's done everything for you?

Unfortunately, this tainted Erica Durance's portrayal for me. Sorry, that's just the way it is. I know others like her (and I like her performance in certain episodes, too) but to me, the writers just didn't justify the L/C friendship and romance enough. Just my $0.02.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by IolantheAlias:
Chloe in S1-S4 had very Lois Lane-like tendencies - her lifelong dream was to be a reporter for the DP; she totally kicked ass as editor of the high school paper, the Torch; Perry White was her hero; she cultivated a network of sources all over the county and even in Metropolis (OK, I'll admit the computer wizardry was a little over the top); she was curious and found out Clark's secret. Plus, she was his best friend. Lana was his puppy love, but we know that Clark Kent could never marry Lana. He would have to marry someone he was friends with.

I believe there was actually some talk amongst the show runners about Chloe actually being Lois, but this was axed in S5 when Erica Durance came on board.
At one point, Chloe impersonates (or uses) her cousin Lois's name, which is where that idea may have come from. I don't think Chloe other than her journalistic skills is much of a Lois Lane. Chloe sure isn't the foil for Clark that Lois is supposed to be. She was obsessed with and crushing on him for far too long to make a strong enough Lois character. If they hadn't had her have such a romantic attachment to Clark during S1-4, there might have been a chance for them to kill off the original Lois and have her step into her cousin's shoes (name) after one of the many times "Chloe Sullivan" had been killed off. Or, if after her original crush, they had her give up her Clark-crush, date some decent guys and make her more head strong and confident, more independent from Clark, like the woman she was in Pandora, THEN she could have given Erica Durance a run for the Lois role. Also, at some point she would have had to dye her hair brown. huh Second of all, an episode focusing on Zod and not having Lois in it AT ALL? Especially after that kiss! Please! They can't have a episode without Clark, Chloe, or Oliver, but Lois is still a second stringer? Obviously they have their priorities messed up (just as I kept thinking after they dropped Jimmy for like 4 episodes in a row after "Bride" in S8). Thirdly, *really*? Jor-El? AGAIN! :rolleyes: I'm not a big fan of Clark's life being dictated by his long-since dead birth father, so to resurrect him again and again and again, is really annoying. It makes Clark weak to always have to depend on his dead father to become a hero. It's why I loved the LnC take on Clark, where the Kents had a stronger influence in making Clark be Superman, than Jor-El.

I was already annoyed that Zod was brought back to life and made anew this season. Oh, come on! We dealt with him like two seasons ago, and now he's back? :rolleyes: Believe me, I'm only watching Smallville S9 for the Lois and Clark, because the A-plots feel rehashed. (It's like Superman freezing Lois all over again. Been there, done that, crossed it off already. Come up with something better, please. NEXT!)

The one nice thing about this episode was that it did explain why the Kandorians have no power under yellow sun. Jor-El zapped their blood samples with the blue crystal. I'll give Joe-El credit for that. What isn't explained is why they are shipping their DNA to Earth "just in case". Do they ever explain that one? Or is that just another fun factoid they drop and kick under the rug?

So, now, Jor-El has hitch-hiked from Africa to Kansas :rolleyes: not because he's learned that his future son has been shipped off there, but because he remembers the woman he met on his Earth walkabout? Or at least that's what we were led to believe until Chloe's super snooping at the end of the episode discovers Jor-El B&Eing something hidden behind the heater vent from his last visit. Let's just discount the fact that it's being assumed that two generations of Kents didn't have their air ducts cleaned in 60+ years. So, where is this thing that Chloe catches him taking? Did he take it? Did he leave it? If he did take it, where is it now? Does Tess have it? Did Zod take it? Does Chloe check out the vent to see if it's still there? Does she even mention it to Clark and ask if he knows what it is? (I'm griping because I've watched through "Disciple" and we still don't have an answer to ANY of these questions.)

Poor Clark is forced to learn that his birth dad has been reborn, and then just as he finds him, he has to bury yet another father. Now, that's just cruel. How many times do you really need to kill off this guy's dad? Come on!

All the history crap between Jor-El and Zod on Krypton was nice, but boring and unnecessary. We already know that someone used Zod's son's DNA to create Doomsday Davis from the S8 episode when Lois was inhabited by Zod's wife's soul. Although, how she ended up in the Phantom Zone after being KILLED in Kandor wasn't really explained. Sure, okay, Jor-El was almost killed and Zod saved him, and, therefore, Kal-El might not have existed if it wasn't for Zod. Is this really pertinent to the story at hand? I don't think so. Smells like red herring to me. Zod's a bad guy, he needs to be stopped at all costs, yadda, yadda, yadda. Is this all new information? No! We already knew this from when Zod took over Lex's body.

Oh, and Zod learns that Clark's The Blur and we learn that supposedly that Tess is trying to save the "traveler". Yeah, she hasn't yet convinced me on that one. It's because of her that Clone Jor-El dies. Does Zod kill him? I'm guessing 'yes'! But Tess is runner up suspect. Since Clone Jor-El's existence isn't really pertinent to the Zod storyline, I'm not seeing where his life or death is all that important in the grand scheme of things.

So basically this episode it a waste of space to drive the fans nuts waiting until Lois returns.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by mozartmaid:
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
I wanted to move on to "Pandora" but I guess that will have to wait until tonight. sad Let's hope, RL doesn't interrupt again.
You [b]must
watch Pandora uninterrupted!!! Absolutely my favorite ep!! And careful -- you may be tempted to start writing Smallville fanfic after that ep![/b]
Watched it. Liked it. But still don't have the bug. That might be because my LnC WIPS list pretty full at the moment.

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Apparently, the Smallville writers still didn't feel that there had been enough closure between Lois and Oliver, even though all of us viewers were over them two seasons ago. :rolleyes: This seems like a very big problem with the Smallville script writers. They needed closure in some relationships more than the viewers do.
I thought it was kinda sweet... and it sort of makes sense, since Oliver has felt lost for most of the season so far. Lois was the only one who had grounded him in any real way -- even though he was the one who broke up with her. But what never gets resolved with any satisfaction is Clark realizing what a manipulative child Lana was... sad She lost major points in my book because of that, so for that reason, yeah. They could have killed her off. Bring on the Angstfest! I didn't like what they did to Jimmy in S8. He deserved better after everything Chloe put him through (before they were engaged). He deserved to be in the inner circle. Clark thought so by the very end. If Jimmy and Chloe had worked together to bring down Davis, Jimmy's death would have been far more meaningful and tragic.

Tess is a great character. You may like her even more as time goes on...
I like her as a villain, but I don't like her as a person yet. Still waiting.

I think you hit on an interesting subtext to this episode -- Clark loves her for exactly who she is. Oliver sees her as what she was to him -- in the past tense. He's trying to reclaim what gave him security in the past. But Clark sees her today -- and loves her despite her flaws.
That's right. Oliver said that he couldn't remember any of her flaws. Clark mentioned a bunch of stuff she considered flaws, but then said he loved her because she's "Lois".

Yep. Lois loves running away at crucial moments -- or crucial plot points. wink
I blame the writers. If the next episode was Pandora, I might have forgiven them, but "Kandor"? (YAWN)

VirginiaR.
---
Top Banana
Top Banana
Lois and Clark's relationship

IolantheAlias
So, having 4 or 5 years of buildup of friendship, support, secret-finding, backup, etc., then the Erica Durance Lois Lane just walks in and effectively takes over the Chloe role. We didn't see a buildup of friendship with Lois - it was like, suddenly between S6 and S7 (or maybe it was between S7 and S8 - I forget), Clark and Lois were in love. When did it happen? How did it happen? Nothing was shown! Everything important happened in Offscreenville! (Not that I'm bitter or anything /sarcasm/)
Interesting assessment... Actually, Lois showed up in Season 4. The writers were 'forbidden' to show any real romance between them until Season 8. During the in between time, there were a lot of Deus ex machina romance moments where Clark was fully aware of what was going on, but Lois was out of the loop, via either red k or Legion ring, usually. So Clark saw her under more circumstances than she saw him...Lois also lived with the Kents for most of Seaosns 4 and 5, thus laying the ground work for at least a sibling rivalry and then a growing friendship between her and Clark. I honestly disagree that they didn't show the development of their relationship enough.

Every ep with Lois in it develops her relationship with Clark in some way -- or, at the very least, develops her understanding of what it is to be in a 'super' relationship.

Just to prove that the relationship arc is there all the way through, below has spoilers up to where we are in Season 9 --

Season 4 -- The first two eps are key, as there is great chemistry and banter between them.

'Krypto' is probably the first real bonding ep, when Lois hits a dog and they adopt him.

Season 5 -- 'Aqua' is where we meet AC (Aquaman) and we see Clark jealous or at least over-protective of Lois.

'Exposed' -- we realize the sexual attraction Clark has for Lois, and we see how far he is willing to go to save her.

Season 6 -- 'Arrow' Clark realizes something is special with his attraction to Lois when he kisses her as Green Arrow. Lois does too, though she doesn't know who kissed her.

'Crimson' First red K ep with Lois. Lots of little intimate moments that make you wonder -- Lois even asks it -- 'is this for real?', about their attraction for one another.

Season 7 'Siren' -- Lois wonders if there will ever be someone for her. She can't see how she can be with a hero, as she doesn't want to be left behind. Clark comforts her at the end of this ep, seeing a vulnerability in her.

'Arctic' Lana leaves Clark (again). Lois sees HIS vulnerability and she comforts him. Also, suggests he applies at the Planet.

Then we really start rolling...

Season 8 'Odyssey' reestablishes their bantering relationship. Clark takes up her idea to work at DP. Excellent acting on ED's part. We see her anxiety, excitement, and trepidation over the prospect.

'Plastique' Typical LL, showing CK the ropes. He follows her around like a puppy in some instances. wink

'Instinct' puts in both their faces the fact that they are attracted to each other, and that they might even be destined for each other.

'Committed' Lois is forced to confess her true feelings for Clark.

'Identity' one of the Deus ex machina eps. Lois learns the secret, and Clark remains with the knowledge of how well she took it and stood by him.

'Bride' Lois' feelings for Clark come to the fore.
Clark starts to look at Lois a little differently as well.

'Hex' Clark starts to see his own feelings for Lois, thanks to Chloe pointing it out.

'Stiletto' Clark shows more feelings for Lois as the Blur. Lois chases the Blur, and when Clark gets 'hurt' her true feelings for Clark show.

'Doomsday' more Lois/Blur relationship... but Clark at the end looks devastated when he tells Chloe that he can't find Lois.

Season 9 'Savior' Lois has memories of the future with Clark, though she doesn't know what they are about. However, she misses Clark -- Clark can't focus on his studies with Jor-El once Lois returns.

'Metallo' Lois/Blur development... but at the end, great Clois when Lois tells Clark how she helped the Blur. He looks at her admiringly.

'Rabid' All the Clois scenes here are great...and develop their closeness, I think.

'Echo' Clark is certain of Lois' feelings for him, and we see Lois obviously cares for Clark.

'Crossfire' Clark is willing to do anything to make up for blowing their first date. And they finally kiss.

So, I listed it all out... I think there are lots of moments that build the relationship. There are lots of looks and good acting all through seasons 4-7 between Lois and Clark that I also think build their feelings. I listed the highlighted eps from those, and the important ones from Season 8-9, up to where we are... Could there be more? Sure. But that is what fan fic is for, I suppose. smile

Another post on Chloe... I have a feeling this one is too long. laugh

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
Top Banana
Top Banana
Clark and Chloe's relationship

IolantheAlias
I'm a Chloe fan, because I always thought that in S1-S5 she was a proto-Lois Lane, just under another name because they couldn't get the rights (DC was nervous.) After all, they had a young Clark Kent, a young Lex Luthor, young Pete Ross and Lana Lang - who's missing? Technically, young Lois Lane is missing, but her character is right there in Chloe Sullivan.

I'll admit, I don't watch Seasons 1-3 that often -- I own Season 1 and 4-10. But I think I understand the role that Chloe was playing in the earlier seasons. She is sort of a Lois Lane in the earlier eps... like a primer for the real deal. And there may have been that intention in the writer's room in the early days, but she definitely evolved into her own character, and I think especially after the first season or two, wasn't at all intended to be Lois Lane.

And not only did Clark magically fall in love with Lois in Offscreenville, apparently he had some sort of mental readjustment that required him to act like a jerk towards Chloe - someone that's stood up for him, kept his secret, and basically done everything in the quote above. What kind of action is that to do to someone who's done everything for you?
Yes, Chloe has stood by him, but she's also acted on her own, making Clark unsure of what shes up to... like through the whole Davis arc. No, I didn't like that plot point, but it's what we have to work with.

I can't get too much into Chloe, because some of what I want to say hasn't happened yet and I don't want spoilers... but there may have been a deliberate intention on the writers' part to pull Clark away from Chloe. For one, so we see him become a hero on his own. And two, to focus on his relationship with Lois. And I think there are some tender Clark/Chloe scenes, like at the end of Season 8, and there are more to come. Also remember how Clark stood up for saving Chloe during the Legion ep. They have their bumps, but I think in the end, Clark sees her as an important friend. I think you only feel cheated with Chloe if you buy into the idea that she was supposed to be Lois...

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I liked the Davis, Chloe, and Jimmy triangle UP UNTIL Chloe sided with Davis over Jimmy. I liked that Chloe kept pushing Davis away because she loved Jimmy, but as soon as sided with someone who her HUSBAND didn't trust without even checking with him on WHY, and just tazering him... HER HUSBAND who almost died because of her stalker, BTW. Hollywood has a bad habit of showing that young love is a bad idea and it's bad for everyone involved. I thought that maybe THIS time Chloe's love for Jimmy would conquer all, but apparently nobody will ever be more important to Chloe than her first love. [Sad] She lost major points in my book because of that, so for that reason, yeah. They could have killed her off. Bring on the Angstfest! I didn't like what they did to Jimmy in S8. He deserved better after everything Chloe put him through (before they were engaged). He deserved to be in the inner circle. Clark thought so by the very end. If Jimmy and Chloe had worked together to bring down Davis, Jimmy's death would have been far more meaningful and tragic.
I agree with you. I liked Chloe until the Davis's storyline. Since then, the character was ruined for me. If they had killed her off, I wouldn't have cared a bit. sad If I could choose between her and Jimmy, I would prefer Jimmy were the one to survive. He was loyal, friend and trustworthy. Chloe acted on her own, accepted Davis's word over Jimmy's without proof, sided with Davis although he was a strange she had just met, got in the way when Clark tried to send Davis to the Phanton Zone and because of her Davis became Doomsday and killed maybe hundred of people (and Jimmy). Afterwards I could never forgive her. It destroyed my view of her and outweighed anything good she did over the years. sad

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Ultra Woman:
<strong>I agree with you. I liked Chloe until the Davis's storyline. Since then, the character was ruined for me. If they had killed her off, I wouldn't have cared a bit. clap Priceless.

Lois remembers part of her missing days in the future, although mostly the hot and heavy Nfic stuff, which for some odd reason seems to be putting a strain on her relationship with current Clark. So, what does she do, she goes to a therapist, who not only has this Kandorian accent, but doesn’t she also show up in Pandora as the mother of the kids Lois saw when she woke up in the barn? Okay, I’m getting ahead of myself. (Nope, not trusting the therapist. Since Tess’s body guard turned out to be Kandorian, I’m not really trusting anyone new.)

It’s hilarious how Zan and Jayna mess everything up, including The Blur’s reputation, and his phone conversation with Lois (which would have been fine if Chloe hadn’t been eavesdropping on it). They’re adorable, but not as much as Lois trying to catch Clark as The Blur. rotflol In typical Lois fashion, she saves Clark from himself (i.e. outing himself because the crooked DA or mayor candidate or whatever he was asked him to), by telling everyone that she knows the Blur and that he can’t do what he needs to do to keep the city safe if everyone knew who he was. I have to say, that everyone is going to know that CK=SM as soon as he shows himself anyway, because he’s been in Metropolis without wearing his disguise (i.e. glasses) for so long, that Superman is going to have to wear the glasses to be in disguise. So, of course, the bad guys come after Lois trying to get at the Blur.

At least, Zan and Jayna come through in the end and save Lois. I wasn’t quite sure at the end if it was Zan with his fog that saved Lois or if it was Clark able to hide in the fog which saved her from falling off the building. I was wondering if that was how Lois died. Because Lois *must* have died before past Lois could step into her shoes in the future, right? (This is what I was thinking before I saw Pandora, that is. My viewing is faster than my ability to review episodes.) Then Chloe calls Lois using the voice modulator so that Lois thinks that she was wrong about CK=SM. Although, why would that be a bad thing again? I mean, other than her rushing into the fray and telling everyone that she and The Blur are best buddies and… oh, right. But I’m sure Lois won’t be mad when she discovers JUST how many other people Clark has told his secret to since her trip into the future, with the exception of his one true love, not to mention how many lies he's had to tell her to keep in the dark. :rolleyes:

Fun episode, ending with a much better Lois initiated kiss (loved her bringing the stack of newspapers forward to make it easier to kiss Clark and he so totally doesn’t catch on what she’s doing). It’s a nice twist on the memory wipe kiss, when her memory is rebooted by a kiss. They did that for the fans, didn’t they? wink

VirginiaR.
---
Top Banana
Top Banana
What if Doomsday had killed Lana (despite her krypto suit), right after Clark had saw her again and told her that he's not going to search for a cure, because he'd rather be with Lois, that would have been a nice angsty S8 ending. Then Lana would be dead and Lois missing into the future. Perfect torment for our hero. evil
Wow, that would be evil...actually, I sort of neared that territory with my fic 'Lights in the Shadows' - safe for you to read up to this point, no spoilers. laugh
EDIT: Yes, I did catch the clue at the funeral that Jimmy's little brother is supposed to be the true Jimmy, but still... It's a bit of a cop out (says the woman with two Jimmys in her own story. laugh )
I agree... It was a bit of a cop out... But I think Jimmy knew too much, and could see what was happening all too clearly. They always kill off the character that happens to...

S9, E8 - "Idol" -
Lois remembers part of her missing days in the future, although mostly the hot and heavy Nfic stuff, which for some odd reason seems to be putting a strain on her relationship with current Clark. So, what does she do, she goes to a therapist, who not only has this Kandorian accent, but doesn’t she also show up in Pandora as the mother of the kids Lois saw when she woke up in the barn? Okay, I’m getting ahead of myself. (Nope, not trusting the therapist. Since Tess’s body guard turned out to be Kandorian, I’m not really trusting anyone new.)
LOL, never noticed a kandorian accent before. wink Actually, I think the therapist is a nod to LnC. There were a few hidden references in the dps to LnC. Also recall that Jimmy called Clark 'CK' - I could be wrong, but I think LnC is the only version of Superman to do this...

I have to say, that everyone is going to know that CK=SM as soon as he shows himself anyway, because he’s been in Metropolis without wearing his disguise (i.e. glasses) for so long, that Superman is going to have to wear the glasses to be in disguise.
LOL, that would be awesome. However, I will reassure you that this is addressed, but you have to wait till.season 10 to see how...

But I’m sure Lois won’t be mad when she discovers JUST how many other people Clark has told his secret to since her trip into the future, with the exception of his one true love, not to mention how many lies he's had to tell her to keep in the dark. :rolleyes:
No comment. But oh how I want to!

Fun episode, ending with a much better Lois initiated kiss (loved her bringing the stack of newspapers forward to make it easier to kiss Clark and he so totally doesn’t catch on what she’s doing). It’s a nice twist on the memory wipe kiss, when her memory is rebooted by a kiss. They did that for the fans, didn’t they? wink
I love the saucy music that goes with it, too. Such a cute scene. I definitely enjoy this ep as well - but I didn't grow up with the comics as a kid. So I can't appreciate it as much when characters like the Wonder Twins show up.

I apologize for any grammar/ formatting. I'm writing on my cellphone.

Top Banana
Top Banana
S9, E8 - "Idol" - I really enjoyed this episode. Not only did it have some fun banter and Lois/Clark scenes but some great miscommunications and the SUPER TWINS!
I love this episode. I always love it when Lois finds out, and the way she reacts is always so much different to LnC Lois, or different to any other SV character finding out. She's blown away/impressed/more in love/respect for Clark. She never tries to push him, or manipulate him into telling her. Yes, she wants him to, and encourages it, but not in a mean or argumentative way.

I love the opening, giving up a little snippet from the future. Lois and Clark stood at the window, with the sheet wrapped around her and him holding her from behind is one of many 'comic' homages. It's such a beautiful picture.

[Linked Image]

The end is fantastic. When they meet in the store room. I love that Lois says 'This isn't what I had in mind when you said you wanted to meet in the copy room'. She wanted to have a make-out session!!!!!!

Oh, they did. But after he showed her his glasses.

This was, apparently, Erica's idea. It's a fantastic kiss. It's also another comic homage as she kicks up her leg and is dressed in a pink top/black skirt just as a famous comic panel when Clark/Lois kiss.

[Linked Image]

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."
Top Banana
Top Banana
After seeing those pics - I now want to read the comics! clap

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Then Chloe calls Lois using the voice modulator so that Lois thinks that she was wrong about CK=SM. Although, why would that be a bad thing again?
Well, Chloe-I-know-it-all thought it was a bad idea. :rolleyes:

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by mozartmaid:
<strong> After seeing those pics - I now want to read the comics! razz

But Lois doesn't need a lasso to hold Superman. devilsplat

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
KK, that Lois in the pink shirt looks like Margo from SM-TM, although the others surrounding her don't look like they're from that movie.

I agree, UW, it's tasteless to revamp a picture of Lois and SM to make it WW and SM. Not only is it a slap in the face, it sends the message that SM doesn't really cares who he kisses as long as she can do that pose (i.e. the women are interchangeable, which we all know is a big no-no).

Yes, I've also noticed a few tongue-in-cheek LnC references, but I believe they were all in Absolute Justice, so I'll save mentioning them until then.

In an attempt to catch up on my reviews, (I've watched up through Absolute Justice), here's my next one:

S9, E9 - "Pandora" - Terrific episode. I'm glad they didn't wait to show us about Lois's flashforwards. I found three main things interesting about this episode (okay, more than three, but we all know I can't count).

Firstly, that this future that Lois went to isn't going to happen. It's already been changed by Clark's being able to return her to the past. While it's fun to go visit, it really has little bearing on the current future.

Secondly, even though EVERYONE else in this future knows that CK = Kal-El = The Blur, Clark went OUT-OF-HIS-WAY not to tell Lois this one fact, even when she asked him directly (which she does on several occasions). Clearly, spending a miserable year without Lois has taught him nothing.

Thirdly, Tess Mercer clearly can't be trusted. (Big surprise, not!)

Fourthly, (see, I knew it would be more than 3) wave Oh, right. All of us.

Seventhly, isn't it interesting how quickly Clark can move in a relationship when you take away the woman he's been crushing on for a year, all his hope, make death imminent, and then give him his woman back? Or did he just want to get some in, because the sun was red, and he knew he couldn't hurt her? evil What? It's not just me...who likes giving Clark inconvenient amnesia.) Also, this episode never explains why Lois lost these memories in the first place, unless she repressed them because of Chloe's death and Clark being stabbed at the end.

Ninthly, why is Oliver mourning Tess like she's the love of his life, when it's her fault for trusting the genie in the bottle and now the world is at it's end? He's been battling her and Zod's forces for months, yet he forgives her when she's on her deathbed? :rolleyes: Oh, please! Tess is totally Oliver's Lana. Can they set him up with Canary ALREADY? grovel

Tenthly, The JSA really gave up on the world, didn't they? Since they aren't around to help. (That would be the old JSA from Absolute Justice, not the JLA.)

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
S9, E10 - "Disciple" - Oh, fun. Another Oliver-centric episode. [Linked Image] Get him his own show already! (oh, wait, they did. I would have liked it to be a spin-off this one, but I've liked what they've done with Arrow, so I've got no complaints.) And we get to see more of his apprentice, Mia. Golly, gee. :rolleyes: And his old master. Anyone else notice that Oliver likes to surround himself with females? And I'm already bored. Moving on.

I'm not too keen on Zod and his disciples... er... squad bowing down to Kal-El, either. I can understand Clark wanting to help Zod transition into being good clones refugees, but Zod just isn't the type. I can't see him as a barista and the local Metropolis Coffee Palace (okay, I can, but it wouldn't be pretty... picture the Soup Nazi serving coffee.)

We finally learn that Zod knows about Jor-El's secret CD stash, and we know he's only playing nice with Jor-El's son to get his hands on it. He isn't going to try and be a good human, and even denies that it's possible. I don't know how the humans are going to figure out he's not one of them, unless he tells them he's not. Being that now that his DNA has been zapped by the blue Kryptonite, he basically is. Being a powerless Kryptonian is about as close to human as you can get, Zod.

Clark, on the other hand, really thinks he can do as his father asked him to as he lay dying. "Save Zod". Yeah, gee, thanks, Dad. Also, why hasn't Clark gone to the Fortress to ask ghost dad about clone dad's wishes and see if he agrees? Does Clark not want the Kandorians to follow him? Well, Kal-El, they can't. They have NO powers. Who put this naive farmboy in charge of world diplomacy? wallbash I think it has more to do that he's disobeyed dear of Jor-El again by falling deeper in with Lois and not getting the closure his dad wanted him to get with her. At least, Clark wises up by the end of the episode and realizes that Zod will not change.

I am curious about one thing though. At the beginning of the episode Zod is sending off his team on their assignments. There's someone to bribe officials to get the paperwork they need to start the project, someone to buy construction material, etc. Yet, by the end of the episode the new RAO tower is already being built. I saw it in the back ground of a shot. HOW IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE? I thought Tess after learning what the tower does was going to be a kabosh on the whole thing? Instead it's already half-way built, when it was only announced like three episodes ago? No building goes up that quickly. Liking Tess less and less.

I also don't like Zod interfering and worming his way into Lois and Clark's relationship. Visiting her in the hospital after Oliver's old master shot her? Can we say creepy? And Clark never even warns her off, when she tells him about Zod. wallbash Tell Lois ZOD isn't his friend, already! I know that Clark wants to keep information away from Lois but one of these days that he's going to learn the tighter he closes his grip around the information Lois wants and needs, the more it's going to slip through his fingers (to quote Princess Leia). With their relationship, it's seems like a one step forward two steps back approach. /shakes head in disappointment./ He's still a lunkhead.

VirginiaR.
---
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by VirginiaR:
<strong> How come, it's always Clark who's allowed to remember the great sex? That's just not fair! [Linked Image] (Thank goodness for FanFic, eh? drool goofy

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
S9, E11 - "Absolute Justice" - This was a fun episode, even if Lois didn't show up until half way through it. grumble This really bothers me. I mean, 'hello!' Lois has been part of the cast since S4 (albeit in a guest star status) but she's MORE of a main cast member than Oliver. I would've liked to see more of the other JLA team instead of just Ollie ALL THE TIME. They've amped up his part in the series so much that it seems to be more of a JLA origin show than a Superman origin show. I guess THIS episode probably isn't the one to complain about that aspect of the show, though, is it? hyper HE'S BACK!!) it's possible they wouldn't have made it.

Once more Clark's future is predicted to not have an end. I guess he's gotten a bit more used to the idea that he'll outlive all his family and friends. Anyway, it's always good to hear that one is the hope for this next generation. I loved that Dr. Fate said that Lois's part is essential in HIS (as in Clark's) future. That she is necessary for him to reach his full potential. dance At least, SOMEBODY understands this.

LnC References in this episode: Lois and Clark arguing about their partnership, whether or not they should be partners (being that Clark is always failing to show up):

CLARK: I want us to be Clark and Lois...

LOIS: You mean Lois and Clark.

Can't miss THAT direct reference to our beloved show.

Secondly, was the indirect reference to the soul mates' curse. I don't know if Hawkman's origin story included that previously, but he mentioned that he and Hawkgirl were cursed 1000 years before to fall in love and watch the other die tragically in every lifetime (sounds familiar). Is he also cursed to know about the curse and his previous lives? Sounds like it. frown

When Dean Cain guest starred on the show (in S7?), he played character with a similar curse. Born in the age of cavemen was cursed to be immortal and watch all those he loves die as he lived on. This is an actual DC canon character (villain, whose name I've forgotten), I've seen on "Batman: Brave and Bold" animated series, but shown on Smallville with more sympathetically with more heart. It starting to sound as if curse is DC comics canon, so maybe we shouldn't be so harsh on LnC for the Soul Mates's episode (then, again, it could of originated with the LnC show).

I like that the JLA, or as Clark calls them the WIP, is able to get the old JSA to suit up again for the good of Metropolis and to take down the Icicle. I'm not quite sure what Hawkman's problem with Oliver is, but I think it has to do with the fact that Oliver has been cavalier about his duties and life (take 'em or leave 'em) this season. It's hard to feel sorry for the poor little rich boy. Hawkman doesn't believe Oliver has what it takes to lead the team forward. Maybe Hawkman sees too much of his own failings within Green Arrow and is afraid that he will go down his own path to ruin. Hawkman's own fall from grace was when he started killing in the name of justice, which ended up blurring the line between good and evil.

It was sad that Dr. Fate was relegated into the world of the insane by his family even though they knew the truth. dizzy

Needless to say, I'm glad the WIP (JLA) has some much needed backup in Hawkman, Stargirl, and the Martian Manhunter. They'll need it when they fight Zod.

VirginiaR.
---
Top Banana
Top Banana
S9, E11 - "Absolute Justice" - This was a fun episode, even if Lois didn't show up until half way through it. grumble
I love this episode. I love any episode that hints at the wider DC universe ... and this one is much more than just a 'hint'.

LnC References in this episode
I love the LnC references. Especially the one you point out ... putting Lois before Clark!!!!

I can't see any good coming from Lois's article outing all the members of the JSA, especially since some of them (Hawkman) are still alive and well in the city. Nor does it bode well for The Blur trusting her with his secret, if her first instinct is to tell the world. I mean, this goes against what she argued in Idol about how important it was for The Blur to remain anonymous. It goes against her deciding not to out Oliver as the Green Arrow. Doesn't she see the parallels? I'm not seeing how Dr. Fate see someone who would do this to his team as "the unifying force, which will bring us together". dizzy
I didn't see it that she was 'outing' them. She was correcting the fact that they'd all been falsely accused of crimes years ago. And Clark seemed to agree that it was all a good idea, to let the world know about these heroes.

Yeah, it's not 100% logical. Both Lois and Clark have different viewpoints to this when it comes to the Blur ... *shrugs* but the Blur is a subject a little closer to home for both of them too.

I was also very happy that John Jones was returned to full power. We get to see him again. We also get to see Hawkman again... and there's more sarcastic banter between him and Ollie. It's great.

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  bakasi, PuffyTiger 

Link Copied to Clipboard