Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Tarkas Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
So, I'm reading my daily dose of webcomics and I see an ad for one that I hadn't run across before -- "Love and Capes". It sounds interesting, so I click to the website and the first thing I see is "LnC" in a list of links. I quickly realise that it doesn't stand for Lois and Clark, BUT there is a connection nonetheless.

I quote from the site:
Abby and Mark are a typical couple. At least, that's what Abby thinks. Unknown to her, her boyfriend is not just an accountant, but also the super-powered crime-fighter, the Crusader. And, tonight, Mark's going to let her in on the secret.

Abby always knew he was a good guy. She just didn't know how good.

"Love and Capes" is a heroically super romantic comedy situation comedy in comic book form from Thom Zahler.

"I've always liked superheroes, and I've always liked romantic comedies," says Zahler. "It was kind of a peanut butter and jelly moment. The ideas just started flowing after that."

Zahler says that he was a fan of the cancelled "Lois and Clark" TV show. "It had its moments, for sure. But I found that I got bored whenever Superman showed up. Maybe it was that they didn't have a handle on the superhero elements, or that the effects budget always showed. But the Lois and Clark moments were great. A friend of mine and I decided the best episode ever would have been the two of them locked in an elevator, and he can't get out to change."
The strip -- and the comics, which I'm going to have to chase after now -- are very funny. If I am any example, FoLCs could love this strip because it has many of the elements that made our L&C so good -- and I've spotted at least one punch-line that's a direct reference to an episode.

Abby (self-appointed "worst super-hero's girlfriend ever") is not a reporter, but there's plenty of Mad Dog Lane feistiness in her; and there are a couple of brilliant turn-the-tables moments when Abby has to come up with an excuse for something different about herself and learns just how hard it can be to come up with a plausible reason on the spur of the moment.

I recommend this stip to FoLCs everywhere. You can find it here .

Ping! Ping!! Ping!!! -- Mother Box
She's such a chatterbox at times...
Kerth
Kerth
Just reading through the comic that's available online. Yes, it's good stuff, especially if you like humor. There are several hints in the LnC (as in Lois and Clark) direction, but also towards the JLA and, I belive, some LnC fanfics.

Okay, on second thougth, it is a little too fast-paced, but if you read it as just another comic strip, it sort of works.

Hey, fanfic challenge: Have (pre-revelation) Lois read LnC and tell Clark about it...

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
Tarkas Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Originally posted by Lara Joelle Kent:
Hey, fanfic challenge: Have (pre-revelation) Lois read LnC and tell Clark about it...
Sounds like a Couch Potatoes story. Maybe I'll do one some aeon or other... wink

Phil

Ping! Ping!! Ping!!! -- Mother Box
She's such a chatterbox at times...
Kerth
Kerth
I've set up a Livejournal feed for it, user name love_and_capes - I'm not sure if Livejournal still use a points based system to decide how many feeds you can have, since I have a permanent account, but if so it's probably going to be quite "expensive" since I appear to be the only person subscribed to it.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Thnaks for posting it Tarkas. It does have some puns to LnC and it's very funny.

Carolyn smile

Pisco and Ceviche ->100% PERUVIAN. Never doubt that.
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
New LnC cover.
http://www.comicbookresources.com/prev_img.php?pid=14137&cover=1
Maybe it's especially funny since I just read two globe-scenes on the boards. Anyhowwwwww wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
New LnC cover.
rotflol rotflol rotflol

Thanks for the laugh,
Lynn

Top Banana
Top Banana
rotflol One should always be ready for planet-core instabilities. rotflol

I love Love and Capes. I have the first 3 collected volumes. This is a great strip and the best thing since Lois & Clark.

Bob

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by bobbart:
I love Love and Capes. I have the first 3 collected volumes. This is a great strip and the best thing since Lois & Clark.
Me, too. waiting anxiously for TBD #4.

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
I am going to have to take a look at this stuff. I have to agree that LnC was best when they didn't have Superman too much.

John Pack Lambert
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
TPB #4 is in the mail now hyper

On an unrelated note: LnC in Bob's Bakery meeting Abby and Mark could be a fun one
(see also here http://www.lcficmbs.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=015950;p=1#000045)

wave Michael

Moderated by  bakasi, PuffyTiger 

Link Copied to Clipboard