So, I'm reading my daily dose of webcomics and I see an ad for one that I hadn't run across before -- "Love and Capes". It sounds interesting, so I click to the website and the first thing I see is "LnC" in a list of links. I quickly realise that it doesn't stand for Lois and Clark, BUT there is a connection nonetheless.

I quote from the site:
Abby and Mark are a typical couple. At least, that's what Abby thinks. Unknown to her, her boyfriend is not just an accountant, but also the super-powered crime-fighter, the Crusader. And, tonight, Mark's going to let her in on the secret.

Abby always knew he was a good guy. She just didn't know how good.

"Love and Capes" is a heroically super romantic comedy situation comedy in comic book form from Thom Zahler.

"I've always liked superheroes, and I've always liked romantic comedies," says Zahler. "It was kind of a peanut butter and jelly moment. The ideas just started flowing after that."

Zahler says that he was a fan of the cancelled "Lois and Clark" TV show. "It had its moments, for sure. But I found that I got bored whenever Superman showed up. Maybe it was that they didn't have a handle on the superhero elements, or that the effects budget always showed. But the Lois and Clark moments were great. A friend of mine and I decided the best episode ever would have been the two of them locked in an elevator, and he can't get out to change."
The strip -- and the comics, which I'm going to have to chase after now -- are very funny. If I am any example, FoLCs could love this strip because it has many of the elements that made our L&C so good -- and I've spotted at least one punch-line that's a direct reference to an episode.

Abby (self-appointed "worst super-hero's girlfriend ever") is not a reporter, but there's plenty of Mad Dog Lane feistiness in her; and there are a couple of brilliant turn-the-tables moments when Abby has to come up with an excuse for something different about herself and learns just how hard it can be to come up with a plausible reason on the spur of the moment.

I recommend this stip to FoLCs everywhere. You can find it here .

Ping! Ping!! Ping!!! -- Mother Box
She's such a chatterbox at times...