Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth

Looks more Alt-Clark than L&C.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Have to say I didn't get excited about the trailer. It reminded me of Smallville - the drama, the existential crisis, the dark mood.... sad No Lois and Clark and Lois awestruck with Superman. Not sure I'm going to like it. frown

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
The New Trailer for Man of Steel actually shows Lois Lane (she's at the end) and shows a different end to Krypton. It definitely intrigues me more than the other trailers did.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
This current one has one of my favorite ideas (and one of the few I really truly liked from "Birthright") where Lois is actually tracking Clark. Then that interview at the end, love that so much. I liked how he responded to Lois when she said that the shield was an "S" to anyone who didn't know what it meant ("Well here it's an "S"). He was trying to hold back a laugh and I thought it was so cute! Yup, this movie is going to be awesome!

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
L
Columnist
Columnist
L
I’m extremely excited about this movie. Sure, it looks like it’ll be a lot different than anything else we’ve ever seen done with the characters, but the people behind the movie have said in interviews that all of the main plot elements are still there. It’s that promise that keeps me excited instead of being worried at this point. Hopefully, I won’t end up disappointed. It would be nice to look forward to a new Superman movie every few years now that “Smallville” is over.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Trivial point - in this trailer, Clark has an awesome cape. Plenty of coverage and swish. smile

J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
I just have to see it just for the Lois discussion about the S.

John Pack Lambert
G
Blogger
Blogger
G
I'm nervous and excited about it. The 3rd trailer is a lot better than the first 2 that they threw out there last year, I hope the movie will be good. Cavill looks like a believable Superman, hopefully his Clark is too.

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Originally posted by Ginger W.:
I'm nervous and excited about it. The 3rd trailer is a lot better than the first 2 that they threw out there last year, I hope the movie will be good. Cavill looks like a believable Superman, hopefully his Clark is too.
Me too wink We've had this discussion!

36 days to go....

"It's the mythology of a sun god who wished he was a man because he saw something so great in us.
It's the story of a hero who could move whole worlds and see through stars and hear a whisper on the other side of the planet...
...and who fell in love with a storyteller." - ashmaht (x)
S
Columnist
Columnist
S
This is a little off-topic but better here than elsewhere.

Does anyone else think "Winnebago Man" when they see "Man of Steel trailer"? I do. Doesn't matter that I know what the thread is about, I still get the image every time I read it. smile

Shallowford
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Originally posted by Shallowford:
This is a little off-topic but better here than elsewhere.

Does anyone else think "Winnebago Man" when they see "Man of Steel trailer"? I do. Doesn't matter that I know what the thread is about, I still get the image every time I read it. smile
British here, so not even slightly - I think that wouldn't mean much to people outside the USA.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Actually, I don't know what a Winnebego Man is and I live in California. I know that a Winnebego is a brand of RV, but that is it. Does it imply semi-homeless middle aged man?
Just curious. I plan to see "Man of Steel."
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Shallowford, I hadn't made that connection until you posted it. Of course, now I'll be thinking "Winnebago Man" every time I hear "Man of Steel trailer."

Artemis, reparse the phrasing as "man of (belonging to a) steel-trailer," and you'll get the humour. (Winnebago = a steel trailer)

Joy,
Lynn

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Lynn S. M.:
Shallowford, I hadn't made that connection until you posted it. Of course, now I'll be thinking "Winnebago Man" every time I hear "Man of Steel trailer."

Artemis, reparse the phrasing as "man of (belonging to a) steel-trailer," and you'll get the humour. (Winnebago = a steel trailer)
Finally! clap The preview makes sense! That totally explains the beard! rotflol You guys are hilarious!

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Still don't get it. A Winnebego isn't a steel trailer. It's a self-propelled RV with an engine. I guess I'm just too literal. Sorry.
eek
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis

Moderated by  bakasi, PuffyTiger 

Link Copied to Clipboard