Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: Marcus Rowland New Man of Steel trailer - 12/12/12 05:18 AM

Looks more Alt-Clark than L&C.
Posted By: Ultra Woman Re: New Man of Steel trailer - 12/12/12 05:32 AM
Have to say I didn't get excited about the trailer. It reminded me of Smallville - the drama, the existential crisis, the dark mood.... sad No Lois and Clark and Lois awestruck with Superman. Not sure I'm going to like it. frown

Andreia
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: New Man of Steel trailer - 04/16/13 11:31 PM
The New Trailer for Man of Steel actually shows Lois Lane (she's at the end) and shows a different end to Krypton. It definitely intrigues me more than the other trailers did.
Posted By: Christina Re: New Man of Steel trailer - 04/17/13 01:51 PM
This current one has one of my favorite ideas (and one of the few I really truly liked from "Birthright") where Lois is actually tracking Clark. Then that interview at the end, love that so much. I liked how he responded to Lois when she said that the shield was an "S" to anyone who didn't know what it meant ("Well here it's an "S"). He was trying to hold back a laugh and I thought it was so cute! Yup, this movie is going to be awesome!
Posted By: Lois_Lane_Fan Re: New Man of Steel trailer - 04/17/13 04:03 PM
I’m extremely excited about this movie. Sure, it looks like it’ll be a lot different than anything else we’ve ever seen done with the characters, but the people behind the movie have said in interviews that all of the main plot elements are still there. It’s that promise that keeps me excited instead of being worried at this point. Hopefully, I won’t end up disappointed. It would be nice to look forward to a new Superman movie every few years now that “Smallville” is over.
Posted By: IolantheAlias Re: New Man of Steel trailer - 04/17/13 09:05 PM
Trivial point - in this trailer, Clark has an awesome cape. Plenty of coverage and swish. smile
Posted By: John Lambert Re: New Man of Steel trailer - 04/21/13 01:02 AM
I just have to see it just for the Lois discussion about the S.
Posted By: Ginger W. Re: New Man of Steel trailer - 04/28/13 08:08 PM
I'm nervous and excited about it. The 3rd trailer is a lot better than the first 2 that they threw out there last year, I hope the movie will be good. Cavill looks like a believable Superman, hopefully his Clark is too.
Posted By: Kismatt Re: New Man of Steel trailer - 05/09/13 01:48 AM
Originally posted by Ginger W.:
I'm nervous and excited about it. The 3rd trailer is a lot better than the first 2 that they threw out there last year, I hope the movie will be good. Cavill looks like a believable Superman, hopefully his Clark is too.
Me too wink We've had this discussion!

36 days to go....
Posted By: Shallowford Re: New Man of Steel trailer - 05/09/13 05:14 AM
This is a little off-topic but better here than elsewhere.

Does anyone else think "Winnebago Man" when they see "Man of Steel trailer"? I do. Doesn't matter that I know what the thread is about, I still get the image every time I read it. smile
Posted By: Marcus Rowland Re: New Man of Steel trailer - 05/11/13 07:36 AM
Originally posted by Shallowford:
This is a little off-topic but better here than elsewhere.

Does anyone else think "Winnebago Man" when they see "Man of Steel trailer"? I do. Doesn't matter that I know what the thread is about, I still get the image every time I read it. smile
British here, so not even slightly - I think that wouldn't mean much to people outside the USA.
Posted By: Artemis Re: New Man of Steel trailer - 05/11/13 11:38 AM
Actually, I don't know what a Winnebego Man is and I live in California. I know that a Winnebego is a brand of RV, but that is it. Does it imply semi-homeless middle aged man?
Just curious. I plan to see "Man of Steel."
cool
Artemis
Posted By: Lynn S. M. Re: New Man of Steel trailer - 05/11/13 12:10 PM
Shallowford, I hadn't made that connection until you posted it. Of course, now I'll be thinking "Winnebago Man" every time I hear "Man of Steel trailer."

Artemis, reparse the phrasing as "man of (belonging to a) steel-trailer," and you'll get the humour. (Winnebago = a steel trailer)

Joy,
Lynn
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: New Man of Steel trailer - 05/11/13 02:49 PM
Originally posted by Lynn S. M.:
Shallowford, I hadn't made that connection until you posted it. Of course, now I'll be thinking "Winnebago Man" every time I hear "Man of Steel trailer."

Artemis, reparse the phrasing as "man of (belonging to a) steel-trailer," and you'll get the humour. (Winnebago = a steel trailer)
Finally! clap The preview makes sense! That totally explains the beard! rotflol You guys are hilarious!
Posted By: Artemis Re: New Man of Steel trailer - 05/11/13 03:05 PM
Still don't get it. A Winnebego isn't a steel trailer. It's a self-propelled RV with an engine. I guess I'm just too literal. Sorry.
eek
Artemis
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards