Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
"Trouble" by Taylor Swift

I'll be honest. Taylor Swift is not my favorite singer out there. However, when EditorJax and CapeFetish came to me with this song, my apprehension left when I realized that it was this song.

Of course, these ladies came to me with a completely different idea. Much like when EJ suggested Hot in Here I have once again totally went 180 with her original suggestions. Heh. (One day she'll stop suggesting songs. Until then, I'm glad she likes the results!)

I haven't done a single Lois and Clark video since Opposites Attract (heh...five years ago) and I haven't done much in the way of vidding since compared to how I used to make them, but I like to think I have improved! After all, this is one of the few videos I've made where I don't cringe at the ending.

(Also, it's important to note that I have greatly improved in my former fails at instrumentals ! But this one has no instrumentals so you can't really see that here...)

Anyway, since I also haven't seen the show with any sort of regularity since 2009, I am impressed with how much I remember regarding where clips were located. Well, at least the episodes. ...Okay, so the general idea of the general vicinity of the clips. What I didn't know, EJ and CF pointed me in the right direction!

So of course, a thousand thanks to those two trouble makers for the song suggestion, luring me back into vidding, and encouragement when all I wanted to do was nap.

Now, since you probably skimmed over this entire passage, here's the video!

Trouble on YouTube
Mediafire (32 MB)

(Once I get this site thing my friend's helping me with, I'll add a larger downloadable link then.)

Uninteresting Factoids

-Made in Vegas 12
-I used my friend's audio program to tweak the beginning flashback section of the song
-There are five video layers and two audio layers, none of them superfluous.
-There was originally six video layers, but that got confusing.
-This was edited on three different computers using the exact same program.
-One of those computers did not belong to me.
-CapeFetish got to watch me one time when I was stuck on clip ideas and just threw together some effects while I was visiting the area.
-I think I still have her convinced I know what I'm doing.
-I am immensely unhappy with my quality of clips
-I need to rerip the entire series and just do it that way but alas my DVDs are locked in the neverending void of storage

Mmm cheese.

I vid, therefor I am.

The hardest lesson is that love can be so fair to some, and so cruel to others. Even those who would be gods.

Anne Shirley: I'm glad you spell your name with a "K." Katherine with a "K" is so much more alluring than Catherine with a "C." A "C" always looks so smug.
Me: *cries*
Columnist
Columnist
Caaaaat!

Ok, I've watched this a billion times already (there's been a copy on my iPhone for a while now, everyone be jealous) and I still can't get enough. It's so good.

The way it follows the whole arc of their relationship is just amazing. I seriously fall in love with them all over again every time I watch it.

And the technical stuff is done so well, too! The way you work with beats is seriously inspired. You're a master. It was totally fun getting to watch you put some of this together, and you definitely have me convinced you know what you're doing.

Jaxy and I are gonna have to force you to do more of these.

<3
Jessi

"Lois Lane is Clark Kent's Superman." - Brian Miller
Columnist
Columnist
P.S.

The dumpster still kills me. EVERY. TIME.

"Lois Lane is Clark Kent's Superman." - Brian Miller
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Bruciiiie! (oh wait, can we still call you that or not?)

Aw, man, I loved this vid so very much! clap clap clap You did a wonderful job of it! (and I'm terribly jealous of your mad skillz!!!)

<3

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Features Writer
Features Writer
This video serves as 100 percent proof that nothing but FABULOUS ideas come from the consumption of alcohol. Right, Ice? laugh

Cat, I don't just love this. I looooooooove it. You took my very general idea and flipped it on its head and turned it into something 1,000 times more amazing than I ever could have imagined. The dumpster is priceless, as is the "screw it; I'm out" hand gesture that you time so perfectly to the beats. And you know I never complain about a montage of sexy time.

I love that this truly tells the story of their relationship, good and bad, in order. It's not common to see that in a video. They truly are trouble for each other.

And speaking of trouble, I absolutely blame you for why my 2-year-old woke me up yesterday sitting on me yelling "CLARK? PWEASE?" grumble You've got a new fan for life. So I guess the only thing we'd like more would be ... more? wink

Clark: "You don't even know the meaning of the word 'humility,' do you?"

Lois: "Never had a need to find out its meaning."

"Curiosity... The Continuing Saga"
L
Columnist
Columnist
L
Huge Taylor Swift fan here, and I thoroughly enjoyed the video. smile1 Thanks for sharing.

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Aaaawwww. .. I really want to watch this video, but is not available in my country (México) mecry

Clark: "So what are you saying? I should go crawling back on my hands and knees?"
Martha: "No, honey. Fly back. It's faster!!"

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard