Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: Catherine Bruce Vid - "Trouble" by Taylor Swift - 03/04/14 07:41 PM
"Trouble" by Taylor Swift

I'll be honest. Taylor Swift is not my favorite singer out there. However, when EditorJax and CapeFetish came to me with this song, my apprehension left when I realized that it was this song.

Of course, these ladies came to me with a completely different idea. Much like when EJ suggested Hot in Here I have once again totally went 180 with her original suggestions. Heh. (One day she'll stop suggesting songs. Until then, I'm glad she likes the results!)

I haven't done a single Lois and Clark video since Opposites Attract (heh...five years ago) and I haven't done much in the way of vidding since compared to how I used to make them, but I like to think I have improved! After all, this is one of the few videos I've made where I don't cringe at the ending.

(Also, it's important to note that I have greatly improved in my former fails at instrumentals ! But this one has no instrumentals so you can't really see that here...)

Anyway, since I also haven't seen the show with any sort of regularity since 2009, I am impressed with how much I remember regarding where clips were located. Well, at least the episodes. ...Okay, so the general idea of the general vicinity of the clips. What I didn't know, EJ and CF pointed me in the right direction!

So of course, a thousand thanks to those two trouble makers for the song suggestion, luring me back into vidding, and encouragement when all I wanted to do was nap.

Now, since you probably skimmed over this entire passage, here's the video!

Trouble on YouTube
Mediafire (32 MB)

(Once I get this site thing my friend's helping me with, I'll add a larger downloadable link then.)

Uninteresting Factoids

-Made in Vegas 12
-I used my friend's audio program to tweak the beginning flashback section of the song
-There are five video layers and two audio layers, none of them superfluous.
-There was originally six video layers, but that got confusing.
-This was edited on three different computers using the exact same program.
-One of those computers did not belong to me.
-CapeFetish got to watch me one time when I was stuck on clip ideas and just threw together some effects while I was visiting the area.
-I think I still have her convinced I know what I'm doing.
-I am immensely unhappy with my quality of clips
-I need to rerip the entire series and just do it that way but alas my DVDs are locked in the neverending void of storage
Posted By: MetroChumpy Re: Vid - "Trouble" by Taylor Swift - 03/04/14 07:56 PM
Caaaaat!

Ok, I've watched this a billion times already (there's been a copy on my iPhone for a while now, everyone be jealous) and I still can't get enough. It's so good.

The way it follows the whole arc of their relationship is just amazing. I seriously fall in love with them all over again every time I watch it.

And the technical stuff is done so well, too! The way you work with beats is seriously inspired. You're a master. It was totally fun getting to watch you put some of this together, and you definitely have me convinced you know what you're doing.

Jaxy and I are gonna have to force you to do more of these.

<3
Jessi
Posted By: MetroChumpy Re: Vid - "Trouble" by Taylor Swift - 03/04/14 07:57 PM
P.S.

The dumpster still kills me. EVERY. TIME.
Posted By: LaraMoon Re: Vid - "Trouble" by Taylor Swift - 03/04/14 08:10 PM
Bruciiiie! (oh wait, can we still call you that or not?)

Aw, man, I loved this vid so very much! clap clap clap You did a wonderful job of it! (and I'm terribly jealous of your mad skillz!!!)

<3
Posted By: EditorJax Re: Vid - "Trouble" by Taylor Swift - 03/04/14 11:51 PM
This video serves as 100 percent proof that nothing but FABULOUS ideas come from the consumption of alcohol. Right, Ice? laugh

Cat, I don't just love this. I looooooooove it. You took my very general idea and flipped it on its head and turned it into something 1,000 times more amazing than I ever could have imagined. The dumpster is priceless, as is the "screw it; I'm out" hand gesture that you time so perfectly to the beats. And you know I never complain about a montage of sexy time.

I love that this truly tells the story of their relationship, good and bad, in order. It's not common to see that in a video. They truly are trouble for each other.

And speaking of trouble, I absolutely blame you for why my 2-year-old woke me up yesterday sitting on me yelling "CLARK? PWEASE?" grumble You've got a new fan for life. So I guess the only thing we'd like more would be ... more? wink
Posted By: Lois_Lane_Fan Re: Vid - "Trouble" by Taylor Swift - 03/06/14 04:50 PM
Huge Taylor Swift fan here, and I thoroughly enjoyed the video. smile1 Thanks for sharing.
Posted By: chelo Re: Vid - "Trouble" by Taylor Swift - 04/30/14 10:34 PM
Aaaawwww. .. I really want to watch this video, but is not available in my country (México) mecry
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards