Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
I'll start off by saying that I am totally in love with this song, and I am worried that I have not done it justice. I think it is so beautiful and perfect for Lois and Clark. The video is from Clark's POV, and as I was working on it, it occurred to me that I don't seem to do those often. I've done a lot from a shared POV and a lot from Lois' POV but not many that are just from Clark's. However, this one is. It took me a long time to decide how to end it. I wasn't sure if it should be totally sad or if it should kind of turn around at the end or what. I finally decided that I would end it with hope, and I...uh, hope...that is what comes across. smile

Why - Youtube

Download

- Lauren

There's a lot of things you need to get across this universe. Warp drive, wormhole refractors. You know the thing you need most of
all? You need a hand to hold.
~10th Doctor
A
Columnist
Columnist
A
Lauren, I really liked this video! Clark's POV was well done, and I did think it ended hopefully. I love the editing. And thanks for a little L&C fix, since all of my DVDs are packed! smile

Amber

Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Thanks, Amber. Always happy to provide a L&C fix. wink

- Lauren

There's a lot of things you need to get across this universe. Warp drive, wormhole refractors. You know the thing you need most of
~10th Doctor
Features Writer
Features Writer
Ah, Lauren. I don't know how you do it. It's such a treat to see unique videos with clips that work so well. You find these random songs that I somehow end up playing over and over on YouTube.

I love the sense of melancholy in this video, and how you show us the hopelessness of the situation from both perspectives -- Clark seeing Lois walk away from him (both before and when they were dating) and Lois watching Clark run off on her, and also the fallout of her finding out he is Superman.

I love the juxtapositon of the kiss from Lucky Leon and then him running off in Whine, Whine, Whine with "I've broken all my promises to you" and her sleeping on his shoulder in The Prankster and then slamming the door from Lucky Leon, to go with "Why do you do this to me." The words combined with the clips make you wonder if the unanswered question is why they hurt the other so badly -- or why they continue to draw each other in.

My favorite moment is him freezing her in And The Answer Is, followed by her single tear, to go with "A phrasing that's a single tear is harder than I ever feared," followed up by him leaving her in Contact, "And you were left feeling so alone." It is just stunning how you worked with those lyrics and how you tapped into the meaning of them -- how that moment, when he froze her, and she realized he was Superman, was the catalyst of why he walked out on her.

This is so, so good. I am going to go watch it again! clap clap clap

Clark: "You don't even know the meaning of the word 'humility,' do you?"

Lois: "Never had a need to find out its meaning."

"Curiosity... The Continuing Saga"
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Jenn, thank you for your very well thought out comments. laugh You made my day.

The words combined with the clips make you wonder if the unanswered question is why they hurt the other so badly -- or why they continue to draw each other in.
That is really how I felt about the song in general and what I was trying to get across. Why does she make him love her while at the same time causing him so much pain.

My favorite moment is him freezing her in And The Answer Is, followed by her single tear, to go with "A phrasing that's a single tear is harder than I ever feared," followed up by him leaving her in Contact, "And you were left feeling so alone." That is just stunning how you worked with those lyrics and how you tapped into the meaning of them -- how that moment, when he froze her, and she realized he was Superman, was the catalyst of why he walked out on her.
I actually agonized over some of this part while I was making it, so I'm glad that (at least for you) it came across well.

Again, thanks for watching and for taking the time to leave feedback on it.

- Lauren

~10th Doctor
Merriwether
Merriwether
This is fabulous. I really enjoyed it. I've seen the song done wonderfully in another fandom (Ten/Rose, actually, which I see from your sig and icon you will appreciate smile ) but in some ways I think it almost fits S2-early S3 L&C even better. You did a great job with it.

I see that you have several vids on YouTube that I plan to check out (yay!) but I was wondering if you had them available for download. I love watching them in a bigger screen, and I know I would certainly like keeping this one, and most likely others of yours, too. smile

Thanks so much for sharing your talents with us!

Kathy

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
At last I've been able to watch this. laugh Youtube kept sticking every time I tried previously and reading all the great comments it was driving me crazy not being able to play it!

I've never heard the song before, but it was completely perfect for Clark. I love the mood you created and your use of colour in the flashback clips. I also can't believe how many times Lois walked away from Clark during that era!!

Fantastic vid. clap

Emma

"There's a fine line between brilliance and lunacy" - CK to LL(Madame Ex)
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Kathy and Emma, thanks so much for your comments.

Kathy, I've just added download links for this and Shine. I know it's probably too late for you since I think you got it off youtube, but better late than never, right? wink

Emma, I'm sorry it wasn't playing for you at first. Glad you finally got it to work. She really does walk away from him alot, but I suppose that at least some of those times he deserved it. wink

- Lauren

~10th Doctor
Merriwether
Merriwether
Yay, download links! I did figure out how to get them from YouTube, but these are much better ... over twice the size and better quality. Thanks for uploading them, and I can't wait to see what you come up with next. smile

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard