Next Thread
Print Thread
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
It is with great fear and trepidation that I post this.

This is my attempt at a music vid/Fanfic Trailer. The song is Faith Hill's There You'll Be which is totally a soulmates song and I can't think of soulmates without thinking of Nan's Lori Lyons so Home trailer it became.

It's journey began last summer some time and I believe is finally done. Since there's not enough room in the credits for all those that must be thanked... [and yes, I'm sure I've forgotten at least a couple...]

BanAnna - who took my external HD and filled it with already ripped and ready to vid Lois and Clark files and who encouraged me that I really could do this.

Andreia/Ultrawoman - who manipulated pictures of a young Teri and turned them into Lori and who aged Lois for me. She also tried to make a good pic of Clark kissing an old Lois, but none of them looked right - like he was kissing his great-grandma but that wasn't her fault smile . She did a good job, they just looked... creepy wink .

Lauren - helped me figure out what the heck was wrong with the audio and fix it smile .

Anonpip - watched a number of versions of this and made a number of excellent suggestions.

Beth - also watched it and made some great suggestions.

Queenie - who has also encouraged me endlessly.

Cat Bruce - who didn't laugh hysterically at me when she watched this, especially when this is compared to her new one [and yes, I know they're completely different genres but... she ROCKS]

The pictures came from Lois and Clark Archive and Teri Hatcher website . Thank you for letting me use them and making them available to us smile .

I'm sure there are many others but... Be gentle...

So here it is:

There You\'ll Be Home Fanfic Trailer

Features Writer
Features Writer
Oh my goodness, I still adore this fanfic trailer! And I wanna warn you that coherency isn't going to be in big supply in this fdk because of my lack of sleep, but I sure as heck will try! laugh

Okay, there are a lot of things I love about this. But I think, perhaps my favorite part, is how you show the different passages of time through different effects. Like how the Sherwood style looks like an old black and white film, the Old West era looks like an old film in color, today's looks like... well today, and the future is a series of snap-shot like effects. That part is like saying it WILL happen, it IS there, but at this point it's vague so you'll just have to read the story and find out.

I think that made sense. ...Yeah. Sorta XD

And pfff. Laugh hysterically :p You used WMM. You used it well. WMM scares me. I no laugh XD (Seriously, I think I still have WMM nightmares sometimes XD)

But yes, wrapping up the ramblies! Awesome trailer for an awesome fic laugh

Mmm cheese.

I vid, therefor I am.

The hardest lesson is that love can be so fair to some, and so cruel to others. Even those who would be gods.

Anne Shirley: I'm glad you spell your name with a "K." Katherine with a "K" is so much more alluring than Catherine with a "C." A "C" always looks so smug.
Me: *cries*
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
Carol, this is absolutely beautiful!

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
In my extreme flusteredness...

I completely forgot to mention that the name of the 'production company' is not my fault. It is the fault of many other people, not the least of which is DocJill who told me that I should use it and blame it on others. Actually, someone [Iolan?] had just tried to give me the title yet *again* so it stuck in my head...

I, however, make no claim whatsoever on the 'Queen of Evil' title.

Carol [who has reread both of those posts a dozen times]

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Carol, I know you've been working on this for so long and have had so many setbacks with it. Congrats on getting it done! I haven't read the fic (not a fic reader...I know, horror of horrors here on the fic board...you may ostracize me if you wish) but the video is very well put together. You did a great job with it. smile

- Lauren

There's a lot of things you need to get across this universe. Warp drive, wormhole refractors. You know the thing you need most of
all? You need a hand to hold.
~10th Doctor

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard