Next Thread
Print Thread
#249899 08/21/08 10:03 AM
Jess Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hey Everyone.

So I am trying to make another video and there was something I wanna do with the clips that I can't seem to be able to do with Movie Maker (I also have Roxio Video Wave where I can do what I trying to but I just don't like it as much as Movie Maker.)

Does anyone know if there is a way to overlay over video clips so that either you can have a picture or another video clip being viewed at the same time?

Being grown-up isn't half as fun as growing up, these are the best days of our lives, the only thing that matters is just following your heart and eventually you'll finally get it right! ~Ataris
P
Columnist
Columnist
P
Most of the video editing softwares I know allows it, but it can't be done in Windows Movie Maker, which is a very basic software. A lot of things can't be done with Movie Maker.

I don't know Roxio so I can't speak for this one.

I personnaly use Adobe Premiere, which is, I think, one of the best, but it costs a lot of money.

Jess Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Thanks, I figured that!

However I have figured out a little more on how to use Roxio. I use Easy Media Creator to make Cd's and recently updated to a new version that has a video creator. The more I'm figuring out the more I'm liking it. This may be a bad thing on how I spend my time! laugh

Being grown-up isn't half as fun as growing up, these are the best days of our lives, the only thing that matters is just following your heart and eventually you'll finally get it right! ~Ataris
Columnist
Columnist
I've used both Roxio and WMM so I feel your pain. I use Ulead now, which is much more user friendly than Roxio, has more features than WMM, and is much less expensive than Premiere. I think it's around $80.

The only way I've figured out how to sort of do this effect in WMM is to make one clip fade into another for a very very long time. During most of the clips they will appear to blend together. It's not perfect, but it's the best thing I've come up with.

I hope that helped. smile

~Anna

Columnist
Columnist
Actually, there are all kinds of things you can do using Windows Movie Maker if you can find the info you're looking for. Check out this site, you'd be surprised of the amount of custom effects and transitions that you will find, including clip overlay. Windows Movie Maker Forums

I wish that I could give you more info than that, but it's been so long since I've used Movie Maker that I can't remember how to add all the custom effects, titles, and transitions. I only know that I've done it in the past, and the site above is where I started my research. Scroll down until you find Movie Maker Users Showcase. You'll find the custom effects there.

Good luck, I hope you find what you're looking for.

Silence is golden.
Duct tape is silver.

~Saw it on a T-Shirt.

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard