Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#249721 05/31/08 05:18 PM
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
I actually started this video last July, and the first few seconds had been collecting dust on my hard drive ever since. I picked it back up last night when the Vidding Bug bit my heiny again.

Now, this is Melissa Etheridge's "Breathe," which is a song I absolutely love. I thought it would be perfect for Clark during the whole Clone/Amnesia Arc. I tried to stay to those episodes, but so many scenes from before and after kept wiggling their way in, especially at the end.

Okay. So originally, I was just gonna give this a melancholy ending, but I'm afraid my day has been pretty bad, so I took my aggressions out on poor Clark. So instead of Melancholy, we have 'OMG I can't BELIEVE that happened where's my tissue??' I know I know, BAD Cat!

Jenn was a doll, and let me pester her last night and today about clips. She had nothing to do with the end, so don't go after HER with the angry spear dudes wink Those are mine!

When I Breathe - 36MB

Mmm cheese.

I vid, therefor I am.

The hardest lesson is that love can be so fair to some, and so cruel to others. Even those who would be gods.

Anne Shirley: I'm glad you spell your name with a "K." Katherine with a "K" is so much more alluring than Catherine with a "C." A "C" always looks so smug.
Me: *cries*
#249722 05/31/08 05:49 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
CAT!!! That was so tragically beautiful! I was ready for a sad ending, but I had no idea! I won't give it away though. The rest of you will have to watch for yourselves.

Your clips were well chosen and perfectly heartbreaking. You also had some really cool effects in there. Nicely done! (even though I'm now all depressed!)

- Lauren

There's a lot of things you need to get across this universe. Warp drive, wormhole refractors. You know the thing you need most of
all? You need a hand to hold.
~10th Doctor
#249723 05/31/08 11:08 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Weird. Last night I was thinking about this exact ending to a vid and wishing someone would manipulate the clips and make it. The only difference was that poor Supes ended up dead as a result of Lex or Tempus (or any combination of baddies). Do you do requests? wink

Loved it and great song. I do love a good power ballad. smile

When Life Gives You Green Velvet Curtains, Make a Green Velvet Dress.
#249724 06/01/08 05:52 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Sorry about the bad day getting worse. But that did turn into a really wonderful video. smile Evil ending, but it works so well with this song.

*squishy hugs*

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
#249725 06/01/08 11:02 AM
Eva Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Hi Cat,

Sorry that your day went so badly ... but that you had to take it out on poor, poor Clarkie ...

Seriously, though, although my Melissa Etheridge days are long over, this was another great choice to vid smile

Thanks for posting,

Eva

kill a cliché, save a reader
#249726 06/02/08 08:56 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Wow - great video thumbsup , although I had hoped for a different ending *sniff*. While watching the video I realized that obviously I've actually never watched the Clone-arc, because some of the scenes you used I've seen for the first time [Linked Image]

"Superman is what I can do. Clark is who I am."
#249727 06/11/08 06:14 AM
Blogger
Blogger
Great video! I really liked the desaturation on some of the clips and the ones with double images. Loved the ending, too. I'm a sucker for sad endings!

Tammy

#249728 06/13/08 02:22 AM
Columnist
Columnist
*Squee* I Love this song.

Loved the emotion, and the effects on the clips. And the ending!!! That's my girl!! devil

*sigh* God I miss videos. Must ignore calling.

Rach

Me: what are you looking at *Snatches pic* OMFG! Dean smeared in peanut butter?! WTF?!
Sara: LMAO it was chocolate!! smeared in chocolate!
Me: LMFAO chocolate smeared in chocolate!
Sara: LMAO the *chocolate* isn't smeared in chocolate!
Me: that's the way i read it. was trying to picture chocolate smeared in chocolate
Sara: ROTFLMAO
#249729 06/15/08 03:34 AM
Columnist
Columnist
Song is great and the vid is super!!

If you think about it the ending is actually romantic... in a twisted way wink

Anyway thumbsup

"I have no regrets. If you regret things, then you're sort of stepping backwards.
I'm a believer in going forwards." ~Kate Winslet

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard