Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#249659 05/25/08 12:01 PM
Trinity Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
This is my very first video ever. It's certainly been a labor of love, and I have a few people to thank.

First off, a special thanks to LaraMoon, for answering my questions and giving me directions on how to make music videos using a Mac. Without her I'd still be staring at my blank project on iMovie. smile

Big hugs and thanks to Cat, my awesome vid beta, and EditorJax, my pink creative consultant, for both of you being able to answer my endless stream of "Which episode was this scene?" questions. I heart you both! smile

The song is called "The Way", by Clay Aiken.

Youtube version

Download

Thanks to Cat for my rockin' avatar!
++++
(About Lois & Clark)
Perry: Son, you just hit the bulls eye. It's like we're supporting characters in some TV show and it's only about them.
Jimmy: Yeah! It's like all we do is advance their plots.
Perry: To tell you the truth, I'm sick of it.
Jimmy: Man, me too!
Blogger
Blogger
That was great! It had just the right mix of playfulness and drama, and you did a great job matching scenes to lines, esp liked the line when she took his glasses off.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
thumbsup clap dance

Excellent, excellent job, Trin!

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Features Writer
Features Writer
Are you SURE this is your first vid? Wow, Trin. Just … wow. clap

Clark: "You don't even know the meaning of the word 'humility,' do you?"

Lois: "Never had a need to find out its meaning."

"Curiosity... The Continuing Saga"
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
OMG, Trin, this was beyong awesomeness! eek

The song is absolutely beautiful and fitted them so perfectly! And the scenes you used matched 100%. smile1

Jana

"Maybe I know what it's like, trying to find fulfillment in the wrong person. Trying to fit into the mold others expect of you."

"Looking for love" by DC Lady
Features Writer
Features Writer
I would have responded earlier, right after you said it was up in fact, but I had to dash out...

But man. I love this, and it is a totally awesome vid, especially for a first one laugh (Even if it weren't a first vid, it would still be awesome. Does that make sense? I hope so :p Because the others are right wink )

And I still love the way you have a lot of the clips with the characters moving to the beat of the song laugh And the clip choices are amazing!

And gah. Just awesome! Thank you for listening to my nitpickyness and my "wisdom", although you would have still done very well without either laugh You've got a knack for this laugh

Thanks for letting me be a part of your first vid, and please make more! laugh And if you're willing, I'd be happy to help you more in the future laugh

Mmm cheese.

I vid, therefor I am.

The hardest lesson is that love can be so fair to some, and so cruel to others. Even those who would be gods.

Anne Shirley: I'm glad you spell your name with a "K." Katherine with a "K" is so much more alluring than Catherine with a "C." A "C" always looks so smug.
Me: *cries*
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
WOW!!

Loooooove eeeeet! thumbsup

Nicely done trin... certainly doesn't look like a first timer vid.

Well done!!

thud

"He's my best friend, best of all best friends
Do you have a best friend too
It tickles in my tummy
He's so Yummy Yummy
Hey you should get a best friend too" - Toy Box
Eva Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Hey Trin,

What a great vid - never would have guessed that it's your first one.

I really, really liked the clips you chose and the song is soooo romantic *awwwww

You truly used some of the sweetest kisses scenes Clark looks best in from the show.

Love how the rhythm of the song fits the clips, e.g. in the bit where Superman wraps his cape around Lois.

Also, the revelation scene in the rain fit perfectly with "the way that you know me."

I think it's great that you also took some simply fun scenes like them playing Monopoly or the Ultra Woman clips.

And setting that VR scene to "the way that I want you tonight": woo-hoo ...

I simply love the scene where Clark kisses her neck near the end - I can't believe I didn't recognise it ... must be one of the eps from season four I have yet to watch.

I hope you'll keep on vidding, you're way too good not to continue. (Don't let it keep you from continuing Masquerade, though wink ).

Congrats again and yay for you!

Eva

kill a cliché, save a reader
Columnist
Columnist
Hi Trin,

I love this song and I love how you've matched the clips with the lyrics. Just beautifully done. thumbsup

Clark often got tongue-tied, so the choice of this song just suited so well. Lois and Clark often communicated without words. wink

And I totally adore the kiss you ended with. It has to be one of my favourite moments in the show. smile

Yours Jenni

Top Banana
Top Banana
Wow. I loved this vid Trin! And I'm not a big Clay Aiken fan but after this vid, I may download it to my ipod. You are amazingly talented to do such an awesome vid on your first try. Please keep making them! And ditto on all comments above. Magnific!

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always
depend on the support of Paul.

-George Bernard Shaw
Trinity Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Thank you all so so so much for your kind comments. I was really nervous about posting this but your comments are were so encouraging, I feel much more comfortable now. smile

Thank you again!

Thanks to Cat for my rockin' avatar!
++++
(About Lois & Clark)
Perry: Son, you just hit the bulls eye. It's like we're supporting characters in some TV show and it's only about them.
Jimmy: Yeah! It's like all we do is advance their plots.
Perry: To tell you the truth, I'm sick of it.
Jimmy: Man, me too!
Kerth
Kerth
Oh Trinity! This was exactly the sweet and WAFFy shot in the arm that I needed tonight. smile

I'd never heard the song before, but it's absolutely perfect for LnC. I loved how you used clips from all four seasons, I couldn't tear my eyes away because I was constantly delighted by where you went next.

First vid, huh? What an amazing first vid it is! (But I still don't want to see you giving up writing fic).

Nicely done! thumbsup

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard