Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: Trinity MV: The Way by Clay Aiken - 05/25/08 04:01 PM
This is my very first video ever. It's certainly been a labor of love, and I have a few people to thank.

First off, a special thanks to LaraMoon, for answering my questions and giving me directions on how to make music videos using a Mac. Without her I'd still be staring at my blank project on iMovie. smile

Big hugs and thanks to Cat, my awesome vid beta, and EditorJax, my pink creative consultant, for both of you being able to answer my endless stream of "Which episode was this scene?" questions. I heart you both! smile

The song is called "The Way", by Clay Aiken.

Youtube version

Download
Posted By: jedilady Re: MV: The Way by Clay Aiken - 05/25/08 04:35 PM
That was great! It had just the right mix of playfulness and drama, and you did a great job matching scenes to lines, esp liked the line when she took his glasses off.
Posted By: LaraMoon Re: MV: The Way by Clay Aiken - 05/25/08 04:38 PM
thumbsup clap dance

Excellent, excellent job, Trin!
Posted By: EditorJax Re: MV: The Way by Clay Aiken - 05/25/08 04:45 PM
Are you SURE this is your first vid? Wow, Trin. Just … wow. clap
Posted By: Schnuffichen Re: MV: The Way by Clay Aiken - 05/25/08 04:58 PM
OMG, Trin, this was beyong awesomeness! eek

The song is absolutely beautiful and fitted them so perfectly! And the scenes you used matched 100%. smile1

Jana
Posted By: Catherine Bruce Re: MV: The Way by Clay Aiken - 05/25/08 11:10 PM
I would have responded earlier, right after you said it was up in fact, but I had to dash out...

But man. I love this, and it is a totally awesome vid, especially for a first one laugh (Even if it weren't a first vid, it would still be awesome. Does that make sense? I hope so :p Because the others are right wink )

And I still love the way you have a lot of the clips with the characters moving to the beat of the song laugh And the clip choices are amazing!

And gah. Just awesome! Thank you for listening to my nitpickyness and my "wisdom", although you would have still done very well without either laugh You've got a knack for this laugh

Thanks for letting me be a part of your first vid, and please make more! laugh And if you're willing, I'd be happy to help you more in the future laugh
WOW!!

Loooooove eeeeet! thumbsup

Nicely done trin... certainly doesn't look like a first timer vid.

Well done!!

thud
Posted By: Eva Re: MV: The Way by Clay Aiken - 05/26/08 03:12 PM
Hey Trin,

What a great vid - never would have guessed that it's your first one.

I really, really liked the clips you chose and the song is soooo romantic *awwwww

You truly used some of the sweetest kisses scenes Clark looks best in from the show.

Love how the rhythm of the song fits the clips, e.g. in the bit where Superman wraps his cape around Lois.

Also, the revelation scene in the rain fit perfectly with "the way that you know me."

I think it's great that you also took some simply fun scenes like them playing Monopoly or the Ultra Woman clips.

And setting that VR scene to "the way that I want you tonight": woo-hoo ...

I simply love the scene where Clark kisses her neck near the end - I can't believe I didn't recognise it ... must be one of the eps from season four I have yet to watch.

I hope you'll keep on vidding, you're way too good not to continue. (Don't let it keep you from continuing Masquerade, though wink ).

Congrats again and yay for you!

Eva
Posted By: Jenni Debb Re: MV: The Way by Clay Aiken - 05/27/08 04:14 AM
Hi Trin,

I love this song and I love how you've matched the clips with the lyrics. Just beautifully done. thumbsup

Clark often got tongue-tied, so the choice of this song just suited so well. Lois and Clark often communicated without words. wink

And I totally adore the kiss you ended with. It has to be one of my favourite moments in the show. smile

Yours Jenni
Posted By: stephnachia Re: MV: The Way by Clay Aiken - 05/28/08 03:46 PM
Wow. I loved this vid Trin! And I'm not a big Clay Aiken fan but after this vid, I may download it to my ipod. You are amazingly talented to do such an awesome vid on your first try. Please keep making them! And ditto on all comments above. Magnific!
Posted By: Trinity Re: MV: The Way by Clay Aiken - 05/29/08 09:21 AM
Thank you all so so so much for your kind comments. I was really nervous about posting this but your comments are were so encouraging, I feel much more comfortable now. smile

Thank you again!
Posted By: Sue S. Re: MV: The Way by Clay Aiken - 06/26/08 06:21 PM
Oh Trinity! This was exactly the sweet and WAFFy shot in the arm that I needed tonight. smile

I'd never heard the song before, but it's absolutely perfect for LnC. I loved how you used clips from all four seasons, I couldn't tear my eyes away because I was constantly delighted by where you went next.

First vid, huh? What an amazing first vid it is! (But I still don't want to see you giving up writing fic).

Nicely done! thumbsup
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards