Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
HatMan Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
A smart and talented friend of mine ( [Linked Image]) proposed a theory a while back that any song is vidabble for L&C.

I've seen evidence of it in the past. C_A's awesome Lonely Goatherd comes to mind, for example. And I've seen a few vids with comments of "I never thought it could be done with this song, but it just works so well!"

And that's the thing. The unexpected ones seem to turn out best. At least, they stand out from the crowd.

(Sometimes, anyway. I've had one or two come out of left field and fall flat. But that's not important just now.)

So, I've been thinking about starting a thread about it. Just hadn't gotten around to it. Until now.

Here's the deal: Think of the most unvidabble song you can imagine. A song you like, hopefully, but no way you could turn it into an L&C vid.

And maybe, just maybe, that'll spark off someone's muse, and next thing you know... Another awesome vid for us all to enjoy.

I'll start the ball rolling with Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody.

What do you think?

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
Kerth
Kerth
I think I'd like to see you try it. grovel

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
HatMan Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
lol, no. That's the point. I don't see a way to do it. But maybe someone else will.

Or, shorter but still classic... Pink Floyd's "The Wall."

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
Kerth
Kerth
Ooo! Classic rock! In that case, how about "Mother's Little Helper" by The Rolling Stones?

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Pretty much anything by Tori Amos....

The most impossible song I can think of off the top of my head is "Tribute" by Tenacious D. wink

Thanks to Cat for my rockin' avatar!
++++
(About Lois & Clark)
Perry: Son, you just hit the bulls eye. It's like we're supporting characters in some TV show and it's only about them.
Jimmy: Yeah! It's like all we do is advance their plots.
Perry: To tell you the truth, I'm sick of it.
Jimmy: Man, me too!
Features Writer
Features Writer
Pink Floyd's "The Wall."
That just screams "Smart Kids" for me. smile Bohemian Rhapsody though, I can't think of a thing!

I agree with Trin. "Tribute" would be tough. Actually, anything by Tenacious D would be tough.

Most rap/hip hop would be impossible as well I think. I just can't see it. My brain goes pffft at it.

alcyone

One loses so many laughs by not laughing at oneself - Sara Jeannette Duncan
http://languagelog.ldc.upenn.edu/myl/llog/duty_calls.png
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
oooh - this is fun!

How about um... Rock the Casbah, by The Clash? Or Jump, by Van Halen?

Mind you, looking at my playlist right now is making me want to do vids for songs I would never have thought of, like Sunday Bloody Sunday and... dare I say it, The Best Day Ever, off the SpongeBob movie soundtrack. (OMG, I think I'm deranged!)

ETA: for the record, there are parts of Bohemian Rhapsody that are sooooooo easy to do for L&C it's not even funny...

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
HatMan Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
ETA: for the record, there are parts of Bohemian Rhapsody that are sooooooo easy to do for L&C it's not even funny...
Parts of it, perhaps. I'd thought of a few. But there are a lot of parts to that song.

Then again, what am I saying?

If you've got some ideas... Give it a shot! Then see what else you can fill in. Do a little at a time, and you just might find yourself finishing it... laugh

Columnist
Columnist
Oh, You just *had* to make a post of this, eh? Got my curiosity peeked.

Ah, well. If I see something that looks cool, I might do one. Just sorta lost my muse, at the moment. :p

Rach

Me: what are you looking at *Snatches pic* OMFG! Dean smeared in peanut butter?! WTF?!
Sara: LMAO it was chocolate!! smeared in chocolate!
Me: LMFAO chocolate smeared in chocolate!
Sara: LMAO the *chocolate* isn't smeared in chocolate!
Me: that's the way i read it. was trying to picture chocolate smeared in chocolate
Sara: ROTFLMAO
Columnist
Columnist
LOL! I knew this was gonna come back to bite me. I still think my theory holds true, although the songs people have suggested so far do pose significant challenges.

My competitive nature is begging me to put my vidding where my mouth is. Much to my dismay, I don't have time to vid *all* the songs here, but I may try my hand at one or two of them.

Keep the suggestions coming! What other songs are impossible to vid for LnC?

~Anna

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Maybe someone could try Baby got back. That would be interesting if it could be done.

Procrastinators unite! Tomorrow.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Or a song with a person's name -- which isn't anyone on the show... like, oh, I dunno, off the top of my head, "Sweet Caroline" (guess where that came from) or "Hey There, Delilah". Oooh - or Mika's "Grace Kelly" *ROFL*

Oh, and... Bohemian Rhapsody, I think I've got it all worked out, so I'm going to try. I'm going to have to edit the song something serious, though - on the instrumentals, I guess? - cause six minutes of song... *cries*

Columnist
Columnist
I'm really interested in what you come up with, Lara. I had a thought that could work, but six minutes of song makes me want to cry too. Plus I kind of hate the song to begin with, so listening to it on repeat does not sound like fun.
~Anna

HatMan Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Ooo, you're going to do it, Lara? That's awesome! I look forward to seeing what you come up with. smile

Anna - I've been thinking about posting this for a year now. It just seems like a fun thread. And look, we're getting at least one new vid out of it. So... thanks. smile (And don't feel like you have to do it just to prove yourself. But if you come up with some ideas... laugh )

Back to classic rock...

Beach Boys: Surfin' USA
The Who: Pinball Wizard
Eagles: Hotel California

Or, to be really unfair... Two words... "Weird Al."

Oh, or hey... how about Eve6: Inside Out?

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yep, definitely going to try vidding Bohemian Rhapsody. In fact, I think I'm going to do that this afternoon. laugh

Weird Al? ROFL!!! OK, someone MUST find one of his songs to do! That would be way, way too cool. *giggles madly*

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Oh, how about "White and Nerdy" for Weird Al?

rotflol

++++
(About Lois & Clark)
Perry: Son, you just hit the bulls eye. It's like we're supporting characters in some TV show and it's only about them.
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Aww, c'mon, that one's easy. You have Clark in the show, for God's sake! laugh

Seriously, if someone does this song, I will love them forever laugh I'd certainly be interested to try vidding it myself, but I only have half the show on DVD so I'm afraid I can do only half as good work as others can.

Lara!! Thank you so much for doing Bohemian Rhapsody! smile It would be a shame to edit out parts of it, but it's indeed huge frown But please, cut out only instrumental parts - else the challenge Paul issued would miss something, I think. Heh.

See y'all,
AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
Columnist
Columnist
Weird AL, EH? Too easy. I have two videos already in the works with two of his songs.

Rach

Me: what are you looking at *Snatches pic* OMFG! Dean smeared in peanut butter?! WTF?!
Sara: LMAO it was chocolate!! smeared in chocolate!
Me: LMFAO chocolate smeared in chocolate!
Sara: LMAO the *chocolate* isn't smeared in chocolate!
Me: that's the way i read it. was trying to picture chocolate smeared in chocolate
Sara: ROTFLMAO
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Originally posted by Anna B. the Greek:
Aww, c'mon, that one's easy. You have [b]Clark
in the show, for God's sake! laugh

[/b]
Oh yeah... I actually forgot that we're supposed to post songs that CAN'T be vidded, lol.

++++
(About Lois & Clark)
Top Banana
Top Banana
Oh! How about "One Week" by the Barenaked Ladies?

Hehe. laugh I dare anyone to even get two seconds of video to *that* song.

Thanks to CapeFetish for the awesome icon. smile
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard