Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#248314 08/07/07 12:23 PM
Matrix Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hello all. goofy Thanks go out to Sue <hug> who offered to give it a look before I posted and then told me to hurry up and go post it. <g> Yes'm.

The song is "When You're Gone" by Avril Lavigne. I heard it on the radio about a week ago (at 6 am) and it brought me out of my sleep enough to think "hmmm, that is dying to be made into a LNC vid". LOL!

Hope you all enjoy it!

When You\'re Gone

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
#248315 08/07/07 02:44 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
OMG...that was so beautiful, but so sad. Thank you for sharing.

~Sheila

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
#248316 08/07/07 05:47 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Oh wow... that was lovely. It definitely left me sniffling a bit. Great job! thumbsup

Thanks to Cat for my rockin' avatar!
++++
(About Lois & Clark)
Perry: Son, you just hit the bulls eye. It's like we're supporting characters in some TV show and it's only about them.
Jimmy: Yeah! It's like all we do is advance their plots.
Perry: To tell you the truth, I'm sick of it.
Jimmy: Man, me too!
#248317 08/07/07 08:09 PM
Columnist
Columnist
That was indeed a sad vid. But thank you that you went for a happy ending!!
Oh and near the end when she sings ''the face I came to know is missing too'' I liked that blur that came smile

"I have no regrets. If you regret things, then you're sort of stepping backwards.
I'm a believer in going forwards." ~Kate Winslet
#248318 08/08/07 01:19 AM
Matrix Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi! Thanks! I'm so glad you guys enjoyed it.

Sheila - awww, glad you liked it.

Trinity - glad it got a few sniffles.

Camy - You're welcome and I'm glad you liked the "blur" <g>

Thanks for the fdk!

-- DJ

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
#248319 08/08/07 01:56 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oi... How'd I manage to miss this? *hides under the desk*

DJ!!!! That was excellent! smile

Admittedly, I'm not the world's biggest fan of S3/S4 OR of the NK arc for that matter (*shrugs*) but I enjoyed this video a whole lot! Well done! smile

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
#248320 08/08/07 07:25 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Aww!

Ahh there were so many lines I loved... the whole

"the bed is made up on your side" and "when you walk away I count the steps that you take" especially.

I'm glad you gave it a happy ending, but it was so sad nevertheless! Great video. smile

Thanks to CapeFetish for the awesome icon. smile
#248321 08/08/07 04:53 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I have to admit I don't like this song...

But your video made me like it. Really, DJ. I love NK videos (personally I would have made it a sad ending but thats my evil muse talking) and I love what you did with this song and the clips. smile

Well done. Love the perspective and flashback. Loved the video. Great job and more soon! smile

~Lois Lane Wanna Be

"Live with intention.
Walk to the edge.
Listen Hard.
Practice wellness.
Play with abandon.
Laugh.
Choose with no regret.
Continue to learn.
Appreciate your friends.
Do what you love.
Live as if this is all there is."
~Mary Anne Radmacher
#248322 08/08/07 05:25 PM
Columnist
Columnist
Wow! That was freakin amazing!

I was especially impressed when Lois grabbed the stranger, thinking it was Clark, and you switched back and forth between their faces. That was very clever.

Just the right amount of sadness with the waff at the end! Great job!

Silence is golden.
Duct tape is silver.

~Saw it on a T-Shirt.
#248323 08/09/07 07:08 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Originally posted by symbolicangel:
I was especially impressed when Lois grabbed the stranger, thinking it was Clark, and you switched back and forth between their faces. That was very clever.
yup - that was also my first thought when I saw that scene thumbsup

All in all I only know one word to describe the video: beautiful [Linked Image]

"Superman is what I can do. Clark is who I am."
#248324 08/09/07 04:24 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
DJ, great choice of clips. All the scenes <the bed where you lie is made up on your side...> <the clothes you left...> <The face I came to know is missing too> matched perfectly. NK vids are so sad, but I'm glad you gave it a happy ending. I was sniffing all along, but the ending left me with a warm, fuzzy felling. [Linked Image]

Great work! thumbsup

Andreia cool

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
#248325 08/10/07 01:59 AM
Matrix Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Ooooooh! Look at all the fdk! Squeeeee!

Hi Lara! Well you didn't exactly miss it - it hadn't been posted long <g> Thanks so much. I'm glad you liked it even though it was S3/S4. <g>

Hi Laura S! Yeah, I took a little liberty with the "bed is made up on your side" - that scene came from Lois & Clarks in S4. But I figured Lois would be thinking that after Clark left for NK - she'd be thinking "if those dang Kryptonians hadn't come, we'd be married by now and he'd be sleeping here" <g> Thanks for the fdk!

Hi Kelly! You don't like this song? But my vid made you like it??? Cool! Yeah, I almost went with a sad ending - a scene of Lois crying in her bed (probably that scene from Contact where's she's crying after Superman left) but I decided I just couldn't end it that badly. <g> Glad you liked it - thanks!

"Freakin amazing" - LOL Symbolic! Thanks so much. <g> Glad you liked it that much. I was pretty pleased with the morph from the stranger to Clark and back again too - thanks.

Hi lcfan4ever - Awww, thank you. Thanks for the fdk and glad you liked it.

Hi Andreia! Thanks! Yeah, you know me and my happy endings <sigh> I had a sad ending all picked out but couldn't go through with it. <g> Oh, and by the way, Bubbles is hugely offended that you would give credit for this vid to Babbles (the writing muse) - LOL - Bubbles is threatening to go on strike, something about Babbles being a fdk hog or something. LOL <snort> Sorry, I'm being silly, couldn't help myself this morning. Thanks for the fdk, Andreia!

Thanks everyone! Glad you all liked this one so much. <g>

-- DJ

#248326 08/10/07 04:49 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
LOL! Tell Bubbles I'm asking her forgiveness. blush It was past midnight when I wrote that FDK and I barely could keep my eyes opened. [Linked Image]

Sorry my mistake. peep

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
#248327 08/10/07 05:04 AM
Columnist
Columnist
wow sad little video. I love this song and you choose the perfect clips for it.

I hope Bubbles will give you nice new jobs. I love them.

#248328 08/12/07 01:43 PM
Matrix Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
LOL Andreia! Bubbles forgives you. goofy Hee hee. I love your little yawning icon - that's too cute. <g> Thanks again for the fdk - glad you liked it.

Hi Pamela! Thanks. Glad you enjoyed it. <g> Bubbles said she has a few ideas that are simmering. Thank you for the fdk!!!

Thanks again everyone!

-- DJ

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard