Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: Matrix MV: When You're Gone - 08/07/07 04:23 PM
Hello all. goofy Thanks go out to Sue <hug> who offered to give it a look before I posted and then told me to hurry up and go post it. <g> Yes'm.

The song is "When You're Gone" by Avril Lavigne. I heard it on the radio about a week ago (at 6 am) and it brought me out of my sleep enough to think "hmmm, that is dying to be made into a LNC vid". LOL!

Hope you all enjoy it!

When You\'re Gone
Posted By: Sheila Re: MV: When You're Gone - 08/07/07 06:44 PM
OMG...that was so beautiful, but so sad. Thank you for sharing.

~Sheila
Posted By: Trinity Re: MV: When You're Gone - 08/07/07 09:47 PM
Oh wow... that was lovely. It definitely left me sniffling a bit. Great job! thumbsup
Posted By: Mrs. McLeod Re: MV: When You're Gone - 08/08/07 12:09 AM
That was indeed a sad vid. But thank you that you went for a happy ending!!
Oh and near the end when she sings ''the face I came to know is missing too'' I liked that blur that came smile
Posted By: Matrix Re: MV: When You're Gone - 08/08/07 05:19 AM
Hi! Thanks! I'm so glad you guys enjoyed it.

Sheila - awww, glad you liked it.

Trinity - glad it got a few sniffles.

Camy - You're welcome and I'm glad you liked the "blur" <g>

Thanks for the fdk!

-- DJ
Posted By: LaraMoon Re: MV: When You're Gone - 08/08/07 05:56 AM
Oi... How'd I manage to miss this? *hides under the desk*

DJ!!!! That was excellent! smile

Admittedly, I'm not the world's biggest fan of S3/S4 OR of the NK arc for that matter (*shrugs*) but I enjoyed this video a whole lot! Well done! smile
Posted By: Laura S Re: MV: When You're Gone - 08/08/07 11:25 AM
Aww!

Ahh there were so many lines I loved... the whole

"the bed is made up on your side" and "when you walk away I count the steps that you take" especially.

I'm glad you gave it a happy ending, but it was so sad nevertheless! Great video. smile
Posted By: LoisLaneWannaBe Re: MV: When You're Gone - 08/08/07 08:53 PM
I have to admit I don't like this song...

But your video made me like it. Really, DJ. I love NK videos (personally I would have made it a sad ending but thats my evil muse talking) and I love what you did with this song and the clips. smile

Well done. Love the perspective and flashback. Loved the video. Great job and more soon! smile

~Lois Lane Wanna Be
Posted By: symbolicangel Re: MV: When You're Gone - 08/08/07 09:25 PM
Wow! That was freakin amazing!

I was especially impressed when Lois grabbed the stranger, thinking it was Clark, and you switched back and forth between their faces. That was very clever.

Just the right amount of sadness with the waff at the end! Great job!
Posted By: lcfan4ever Re: MV: When You're Gone - 08/09/07 11:08 AM
Originally posted by symbolicangel:
I was especially impressed when Lois grabbed the stranger, thinking it was Clark, and you switched back and forth between their faces. That was very clever.
yup - that was also my first thought when I saw that scene thumbsup

All in all I only know one word to describe the video: beautiful [Linked Image]
Posted By: Ultra Woman Re: MV: When You're Gone - 08/09/07 08:24 PM
DJ, great choice of clips. All the scenes <the bed where you lie is made up on your side...> <the clothes you left...> <The face I came to know is missing too> matched perfectly. NK vids are so sad, but I'm glad you gave it a happy ending. I was sniffing all along, but the ending left me with a warm, fuzzy felling. [Linked Image]

Great work! thumbsup

Andreia cool
Posted By: Matrix Re: MV: When You're Gone - 08/10/07 05:59 AM
Ooooooh! Look at all the fdk! Squeeeee!

Hi Lara! Well you didn't exactly miss it - it hadn't been posted long <g> Thanks so much. I'm glad you liked it even though it was S3/S4. <g>

Hi Laura S! Yeah, I took a little liberty with the "bed is made up on your side" - that scene came from Lois & Clarks in S4. But I figured Lois would be thinking that after Clark left for NK - she'd be thinking "if those dang Kryptonians hadn't come, we'd be married by now and he'd be sleeping here" <g> Thanks for the fdk!

Hi Kelly! You don't like this song? But my vid made you like it??? Cool! Yeah, I almost went with a sad ending - a scene of Lois crying in her bed (probably that scene from Contact where's she's crying after Superman left) but I decided I just couldn't end it that badly. <g> Glad you liked it - thanks!

"Freakin amazing" - LOL Symbolic! Thanks so much. <g> Glad you liked it that much. I was pretty pleased with the morph from the stranger to Clark and back again too - thanks.

Hi lcfan4ever - Awww, thank you. Thanks for the fdk and glad you liked it.

Hi Andreia! Thanks! Yeah, you know me and my happy endings <sigh> I had a sad ending all picked out but couldn't go through with it. <g> Oh, and by the way, Bubbles is hugely offended that you would give credit for this vid to Babbles (the writing muse) - LOL - Bubbles is threatening to go on strike, something about Babbles being a fdk hog or something. LOL <snort> Sorry, I'm being silly, couldn't help myself this morning. Thanks for the fdk, Andreia!

Thanks everyone! Glad you all liked this one so much. <g>

-- DJ
Posted By: Ultra Woman Re: MV: When You're Gone - 08/10/07 08:49 AM
LOL! Tell Bubbles I'm asking her forgiveness. blush It was past midnight when I wrote that FDK and I barely could keep my eyes opened. [Linked Image]

Sorry my mistake. peep
Posted By: Tahu Re: MV: When You're Gone - 08/10/07 09:04 AM
wow sad little video. I love this song and you choose the perfect clips for it.

I hope Bubbles will give you nice new jobs. I love them.
Posted By: Matrix Re: MV: When You're Gone - 08/12/07 05:43 PM
LOL Andreia! Bubbles forgives you. goofy Hee hee. I love your little yawning icon - that's too cute. <g> Thanks again for the fdk - glad you liked it.

Hi Pamela! Thanks. Glad you enjoyed it. <g> Bubbles said she has a few ideas that are simmering. Thank you for the fdk!!!

Thanks again everyone!

-- DJ
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards