Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#246749 01/28/07 07:23 AM
P
Columnist
Columnist
P
Wow! What a powerful video! It really moved me. My sisters had been raped twice (once when she was 13, and once when she was 22). She was traumatized, but for years we never knew what had happened to her, so that she was like that. But she had a lot of issues. When she was 26, she had gone to a mental clinic for a couple of months, and that had helped her a little, but the next year she had tried to kill herself by swallowing sleep tablets. Luckily, she had changed her mind, and she had called the hospital before it was too late. After that, she went again in the mental institute where she stayed longer, and then, when she went back home, she had continued the therapy. That took her whole year to be able to tell us she had been raped. She told us a few years ago, and in that time since she told us, she had become really better. Now, she is a survivor, too.

When I saw your video, I was crying and shaking. But at the end, when I saw the message to fight against the silence, I almost applauded. Yes! That kind of thing had to be denounced!

I was as moved by your video as I've been by the story "In a dark time", by Becky Bain. Your video could have been a trailer for that story. It perfectly fits the story AND the message.

Bravo for your vid, and for having overcome what had happened to you.

#246750 01/28/07 07:53 AM
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
wow! eek

I'm really glad you guy's enjoyed this video. I was really scared to post it. I wanted to tell people, but was scared at the same time.

Thank you everyone, This means the world to me that you all enjoyed it and are moved by it. Thank you!

Rach laugh

Me: what are you looking at *Snatches pic* OMFG! Dean smeared in peanut butter?! WTF?!
Sara: LMAO it was chocolate!! smeared in chocolate!
Me: LMFAO chocolate smeared in chocolate!
Sara: LMAO the *chocolate* isn't smeared in chocolate!
Me: that's the way i read it. was trying to picture chocolate smeared in chocolate
Sara: ROTFLMAO
#246751 02/07/07 06:04 AM
Columnist
Columnist
Sorry I'm so late in leaving feedback. I actually started to a couple of times in the past few days but was rather speechless after seeing your video.

I've watched this video several times and have to say that it was just amazing! It's probably the best video I've seen. You are so very talented. The way you managed to invoke such emotion with this video is awe inspiring.

Thanks for sharing this!

Silence is golden.
Duct tape is silver.

~Saw it on a T-Shirt.
#246752 02/07/07 02:09 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Excellent. I love the opening and how you made the video clips fire against the beat of the music. I love this song and I the angst/sadness, etc that is felt within both are paried well to me. I even love the font chosen and how you conected the text at the end.

I'm glad you made this video.

I just stared at it with a stern look.

I love how you told the story through these clips, I found it flowed well...no jumping or choppiness. Clips were not too long that you wanted them to end. They were there long enough to get the feeling, the point...the message. Fast clips gave it a necessary feel.

I've fought my way out of a situation - thank goodness. I knew some co-workers that either were able to fight - against people they knew - one of them was lucky when someone she knew 'interuppted'. Two other girls I knew couple sadly couldn't. I don't know how they are now. This was about eight years ago and as far as I know they just told some close friends.

I only know of one man who was raped by a woman. He was drunk and didn't want it, but she tied him up well when he passed out. He said he couldn't tell anyone because, *who* would believe him, he would get teased and he believed that she could turn the tables on him so easily and get him charged b/c sociey doesn't expect a man to be raped by a woman. He was not a physically strong guy.

Thank you for sharing and being a fighter.

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard